Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

lexmoto adrenaline suspension

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Offroad & Supermoto
View previous topic : View next topic  

adrenaline-andy
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 18:12 - 17 Jun 2016    Post subject: lexmoto adrenaline suspension Reply with quote

hi guys, has anyone on here had there suspension on there adrenaline set up professionally? there is already the screw to adjust it on my forks but that doesn't satisfy my pickiness.

any help or advice appreciated. I know its Chinese so please don't state the obvious or reply with buy jap because its not happening
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

NJD
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:38 - 17 Jun 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've no idea about suspension setup so can't really offer much but what I would like to say is..

..The bikes basic and built to a budget. What type of riding are you doing and what performance do you really expect out of a budget bike? I didn't realise the adrenaline's had "adjustable" suspension until this thread but instantly thought of it as yet another gimmick that they've added to try and lure buyers in just like the LM Venom has the MP3 Player.

Also the adjustments that it offers better be worth it because the price of a single leg is £157.49 (left or right). I could have both brand new forks (and did do recently) fitted (including labour.. on a special deal) on my LM Arrow for less than that. Even the cheap bikes have gone mad.

adrenaline-andy
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 18:54 - 17 Jun 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

NJD wrote:
I've no idea about suspension setup so can't really offer much but what I would like to say is..

..The bikes basic and built to a budget. What type of riding are you doing and what performance do you really expect out of a budget bike? I didn't realise the adrenaline's had "adjustable" suspension until this thread but instantly thought of it as yet another gimmick that they've added to try and lure buyers in just like the LM Venom has the MP3 Player.

Also the adjustments that it offers better be worth it because the price of a single leg is £157.49 (left or right). I could have both brand new forks (and did do recently) fitted (including labour.. on a special deal) on my LM Arrow for less than that. Even the cheap bikes have gone mad.

iv changed everything on it apart from suspension just now. engine came out a gn and got the loom aswell, all that is left from standard is the frame but even bits of that have been modified as they were flimsy. only bought it in September aswell Surprised
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

MarJay
But it's British!

PostPosted: 20:23 - 17 Jun 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can't make a silk purse out of a sow's ear, and suspension is always the first thing cut when the bean counters get involved, and a Chinese 125 is the most budget of the budget.

If you want to seriously improve it, I'd swap it out for something decent off of a decent bike. However, I'd be thinking doing test and buying a bike with decent suspension and better power.

I realise this is boring advice, but it's legitimate, and it's borne from experience.

S13dr1fter
Derestricted Danger

PostPosted: 10:12 - 18 Jun 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Measure your fork legs or clamps and see if it's possible to fit some Yz or Cr forks etc even some old Kawasaki forks go silly cheap. It would be the same cost as new springs/oil/valving and you get full adjustment. You might have to consider new wheel bearings or hub aswell but it's worth doing.

S13dr1fter
Derestricted Danger

PostPosted: 10:44 - 18 Jun 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also regarding rear shocks. They are cheap enough for one with basic adjustment. Find one with the correct eye to eye length and spring rate you're after. Along as the dimensions are ok it should fit.

ColinXSD
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 07:49 - 05 Oct 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

S13dr1fter wrote:
Also regarding rear shocks. They are cheap enough for one with basic adjustment. Find one with the correct eye to eye length and spring rate you're after. Along as the dimensions are ok it should fit.

Out of interest, does anyone here know what the Standard Eye to Eye Length and Spring Rate/Length is?

Suntan Sid
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:13 - 07 Oct 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

How much static sag have you got?
What grade oil do you have in the forks?

The reason I'm asking, I've got a 35 year old Honda 125 trailie, Chinese or not, I suspect your suspension is probably better than my 35 year old springs!

Before doing anything, take a note of what your current settings are.

Now, play around with some different grades of fork oil, air pressure, preload etc., it's not going to break the bank.
I notice for your bike it recommends 10W fork, that was way too heavy for mine.

Play around with the preload on the rear shock, there's no point in spending lots of cash until you've exhausted all the other possibilities!

On my old banger, I went down to 2.5W oil in the forks, no air pressure and backed off the preload on the rear shock to give me as much static sag as I could get away with.

When I use it off road, I drop the tyre pressures down to 12psi.
TBH I was suprised how well it copes off road, haven't bottomed the suspension out yet. I'm under no illusions that it's an MX bike so, obviously, I don't push it as hard as I could!

I've no experience of Chinese bikes so all the above may be crap but, as I said, it's worked on my 35 year old 125!
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 7 years, 200 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Offroad & Supermoto All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1