ITS AN PEUGEOT XR6S 2007 - BOUGHT

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> New Bikers Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic : View next topic  

ThatDippyTwat
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:19 - 30 Oct 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

c_dug wrote:
You can sorn it with the new keepers slip he tore off and gave you when you bought it.

This. There's a link to click specifically for this on the website.

https://sorn.service.gov.uk/

Dimerz
Nitrous Nuisance

PostPosted: 14:23 - 30 Oct 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

c_dug wrote:
You can sorn it with the new keepers slip he tore off and gave you when you bought it.

I cant, I've tried. It wont work because the V5 hasnt been sent yet and so DVLA hasnt registered me as the new keeper yet. It says, I qoute "unfortunately you cannot use this service yet as the previous keeper of the vehicle has not told DVLA that you are the new keeper." And then basically says wait until i receive the log book and put in the reference number. So gotta wait until the V5 is sent off. And then DVLA send me a new one.

symonh2000
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 16:08 - 30 Oct 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had the same thing with my bike. I wasn't able to SORN it with the new keeper suppliment and I had to wait until it was registered in my name.

Either tax it now or just SORN it when the log book comes back.

Last edited by symonh2000 on 18:29 - 30 Oct 2016; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 18:06 - 30 Oct 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dimerz wrote:
Should I tax it with the V5C/2 new keepers slip

You can't tax without insurance. I assume that you haven't wasted money on insuring a bike that you're not going to ride.

If it's not insured, then you need to SORN it. You can do that using the V5C/2 new keeper supplement via:

https://sorn.service.gov.uk/

ThatDippyTwat
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:48 - 30 Oct 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dimerz wrote:
c_dug wrote:

I cant, I've tried.

Click the link. Click the "No V11" link. Click on the V5C/2 option. Put in the number, and the reg.

It's specifically for your situation, you've bought a vehicle, only have the V52/C and want to SORN it.

symonh2000
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 19:53 - 30 Oct 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

ThatDippyTwat wrote:

Click the link. Click the "No V11" link. Click on the V5C/2 option. Put in the number, and the reg.

It's specifically for your situation, you've bought a vehicle, only have the V52/C and want to SORN it.

It didn't work for me either (I bought my bike 3 weeks back)

It tells you you cannot SORN the bike because the seller hasn't sent off the V5 yet.

Maybe this is a recent thing?

Dimerz
Nitrous Nuisance

PostPosted: 21:33 - 30 Oct 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

symonh2000 wrote:
ThatDippyTwat wrote:

It didn't work for me either (I bought my bike 3 weeks back)

It tells you you cannot SORN the bike because the seller hasn't sent off the V5 yet.

Maybe this is a recent thing?

I understand you guys are all trying to help me but i cannot sorn it u til the new log book comes or dvla recieve the v5 and then register me ad the new keeper. Until then I cant do it. And i dont want to tax it only to make it sorn. Same thing as symonh2000

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 21:45 - 30 Oct 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you see the V5 and why didn't the seller do the change of keeper online?

Dimerz
Nitrous Nuisance

PostPosted: 21:53 - 30 Oct 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ste wrote:

Yes i saw the V5, didn't know you could do it online but have seen now. And he's sending the log book off tomorrow. You reckon it'd be quicker online? The answer is yes. It'd only take 5 days to receive the log book where as by post up to 4 weeks. Have just told him to do that for tomorrow as you can only do it from 7AM to 7PM.

Yeah nah he doesn't want to do it online, his mums sending it off tomorrow. No need to rush this whole process. Not like i'm going to ride it or anything.

carpe_diem
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 22:15 - 30 Oct 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dimerz wrote:
Ste wrote:

Yes i saw the V5, didn't know you could do it online but have seen now. And he's sending the log book off tomorrow. You reckon it'd be quicker online? The answer is yes. It'd only take 5 days to receive the log book where as by post up to 4 weeks. Have just told him to do that for tomorrow as you can only do it from 7AM to 7PM.

Yeah nah he doesn't want to do it online, his mums sending it off tomorrow. No need to rush this whole process. Not like i'm going to ride it or anything.

You seem to be having a conversation with yourself there. Remarkable.

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:25 - 30 Oct 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pretty little bike.

I take it that it isn't 16 year old legal?

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 22:44 - 30 Oct 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sod him, do the change of keeper to yourself online as though you were the seller.

TOP SECRET: you need the 11 digit number from the V5C. This is actually (looks around for the Feds) the last 11 digits of the 12 digit number on the V5C/2 new keeper slip. Just miss off the 1st digit.

You ain't seen me, right? Shhh!

Dimerz
Nitrous Nuisance

PostPosted: 22:46 - 30 Oct 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:
Pretty little bike.

I take it that it isn't 16 year old legal?

It is indeed gorgeous and apparently its called Little Micky now, because its sounds squeaky like a mouse to my friend as he has a VTR1000 lol. I don't find it roaring but i don't find it lawn mowerish either. How about a video tomorrow of what it sounds like running?
Actually, it's basically this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5i01Ue1Y6_8
And it's also 16 year old legal, my friend had it insured and it's basically classed as a moped 50cc.

carpe_diem wrote:
You seem to be having a conversation with yourself there. Remarkable.

I tend to do that sometimes. Laughing

Rogerborg wrote:
Sod him, do the change of keeper to yourself online as though you were the seller.

TOP SECRET: you need the 11 digit number from the V5C. This is actually (looks around for the Feds) the last 11 digits of the 12 digit number on the V5C/2 new keeper slip. Just miss off the 1st digit.

You ain't seen me, right? Shhh!

LOL, there is no way going around these people, I thought to do that too but it says "The person you bought the vehicle from should tell DVLA that you’re the new keeper. You don’t need to do anything."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Just to add something that's bugging me a bit is that I have to let the clutch out almost to the end before the bike starts rolling on its own. Clutch cable stretched?

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 09:22 - 31 Oct 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

The cable probably just needs adjusted. It's no more complicated than a pushbike brake, you just need to unwind the adjuster either at the bars or at the engine end.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PCZoEuuDnmY and many other videos show you how.

Dimerz wrote:
Rogerborg wrote:

LOL, there is no way going around these people, I thought to do that too but it says "The person you bought the vehicle from should tell DVLA that you’re the new keeper. You don’t need to do anything."

Rogerborg wrote:

Select "Sold it privately to a person or business".

It's up to you whether you trust the seller to do it, but it'll take longer even if his mum doesn't lose it / the dog doesn't eat it / he doesn't have a hurty tummy but he'll totally get around to it next weekend, weekend after at the latest, no worries mate.

Dimerz
Nitrous Nuisance

PostPosted: 13:20 - 31 Oct 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogerborg wrote:
The cable probably just needs adjusted. It's no more complicated than a pushbike brake, you just need to unwind the adjuster either at the bars or at the engine end.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PCZoEuuDnmY and many other videos show you how.

Dimerz wrote:
Rogerborg wrote:

Rogerborg wrote:

Select "Sold it privately to a person or business".

It's up to you whether you trust the seller to do it, but it'll take longer even if his mum doesn't lose it / the dog doesn't eat it / he doesn't have a hurty tummy but he'll totally get around to it next weekend, weekend after at the latest, no worries mate.

I've got someone intrested in the bike already. Would it be ille-gal for me to do that? To say that I was the seller and put in the numbers?

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 14:19 - 31 Oct 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's no specific offence, and nobody will care. DVLA just want someone to chase up for VED, and if the seller is legit, then you're only doing what they said they'd do anyway.

Dimerz
Nitrous Nuisance

PostPosted: 14:29 - 31 Oct 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

I-. Did it. Embarassed What?! Lol, he didnt care. he said "Nice one, cheers for that bro" I thought he was gonna be pissed cause he said he's mum was doing it and i dont need to 'sell' it so theres no need to rush. Very Happy

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 15:13 - 31 Oct 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good man, keep it all square. You should get the V5C through in about a week (apparently it goes from the printer to the post room by snailback).

You can try and sell it in the meantime, but it gets a bit tricky because the new keeper can't really put VED on it until they get the new new keeper slip.

If they use the V5C/2 slip you have, then any VED will be allocated to you. When it changes keeper again, that VED will get cancelled, not transferred.

The other issue is that the bike is now registered to you. If you sell it on to some Barry who goes and blows past a speed camera at 35mph with his chin on the tank then Plod will come looking for you.

Not a problem long term if you have a bill of sale, but a slight ball ache in the meantime. Also, if the new owner rides it uninsured, or stacks it into a kitten orphanage and legs it, that all comes back on you until you can do the change of keeper again.

Up to you how much risk you're willing to take on.

Dimerz
Nitrous Nuisance

PostPosted: 15:36 - 31 Oct 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll wait till I get V5 before i give the bike away of course. Give them green slip and then register them online as the new keeper.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 7 years, 177 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> New Bikers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2