Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Fantic is back.

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Biking News & Rumours
View previous topic : View next topic  

thx1138
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:48 - 05 Nov 2016    Post subject: Fantic is back. Reply with quote

https://www.motorcyclenews.com/news/new-bikes/2016/november/fantic-250-enduro-motorcycle-on-sale-in-uk-november-2016/

Quote:
It has a Japanese carb and Spanish shock absorber...not sure where the engine comes from

Quote:
This is direct from the importers:

FANTIC 250 HITS UK ROAD AND TRACK
The new Fantic 250 Enduro hits the UK this month, boasting a road-legal, Dualsport spec and an ultra-competitive price that will send clubman racers, trail riders and green-laners searching for their nearest Fantic dealership.

The new Fantic boasts sleek, off-road racer styling and a high-tech specification that includes an electric start, liquid-cooled, four-valve, SOC engine, featuring digital electronic ignition, a six-speed transmission and a full stainless steel and aluminium ARROW exhaust system fitted as standard.

The chassis incorporates a race developed and proven CroMo steel main frame with a detachable aluminium sub-frame and aluminium swing-arm.

Fantic tried and tested a wide range of suspension components and used that experience to design it’s own high-spec, adjustable 41mm USD front forks and drop-link rear Fantic FRS suspension units, which are manufactured exclusively for Fantic by leading suspension manufacturer Olle.

Tough plastic bodywork components, including handguards, plus anodised aluminium wheels and hydraulically operated wavey discs front and rear complete the quality specification.

The new 250 Enduro is the first of the new Fantic models to hit the market since VeNetWork acquired Fantic in 2014 and will be followed by more new models that will be revealed at EICMA later this month.

The Dualsport market is a clear growth sector, as shown by sales of Honda’s fast-selling CRF 250L. This growth is seen to be a follow-on from the explosion in the Adventure market, where a growing number of riders have had a taste for off-road riding, but quickly realised the limitations of the heavy, road oriented Adventure designs when it comes to riding on UK green lanes and trails.

The Dualsport design has evolved to be a real mid-way point between style over substance Trail bikes, and full-on, fire-breathing competition Enduro racers. Lightweight and nimble, with a de-tuned competition engine favouring torque over all-out power, plus a quality chassis and suspension components all makes for an easy-to-ride, go-anywhere machine that doesn’t bite back or bite the wallet either.

The UK launch price is £4499.00 including VAT. (Plus on the road charges).

For further details and dealer list visit www.fanticmotoruk.com

FANTIC 250 ENDURO TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS

Engine
Single cylinder 4-stroke, Liquid cooled, SOC, 4-valve
Displacement: 249.6cc
Max Power: 20.6 kW (28hp) @ 9000 rpm
Max Torque: 22.5 Nm @ 7000 rpm
Bore: 77 mm
Stroke: 53,6
Carburettor: KEIMA 36mm
Ignition: Digital
Start: Electric
Gears: 6
Clutch: Multi-disc oil bath
Exhaust system: Manifold and muffler by ARROW

Chassis
Main frame: Perimeter CrMo steel frame
Sub frame: Removable in Aluminium
Swing arm: Aluminum with variable section and progressive linkage
Tires: 90/90x21 - 120/80x18
Wheels: Aluminium, anodized black
Brakes: Front disc Wave 260mm – Rear disc Wave ø220mm
Triple clamp: Forged aluminium
Front suspension: FANTIC FRS 41mm upside down
Rear suspension: Mono shock ABS FANTIC FRS
Steer: fat bar 28, black anodized Ergal
Length: 2073mm
Seat height: 920mm
Wheelbase: 1420mm
Weight: 116kg
Fuel tank: Capacity 7.5 l

SRP £4499.00 inc VAT + OTR Charges
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

linuxyeti
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:26 - 05 Nov 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi all, pretty certain the engine is the Zongshen NC250. The bike itself is a fairly generic design really, Look at the SSR 250, AJP 250 etc.

Azoth
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 23:08 - 05 Nov 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Although it's a far cry from the 2-stroke Fantic enduros of the 80s, it would be a nice toy. I still wouldn't trust it one bit.
Just as the original Honda VFR 750 was/is worth 10 times more than what anyone paid, a fair price for one of these will always be one tenth the asking price, until such point as the UK is flooded with 250 enduros (one can hope).

A couple of 200cc AJP bikes on Ebay are currently going at around the £2500 mark. I think I saw the same unusual displacement (albeit unbranded) bikes, new with zero miles, being offered for sale at £899 by some 'entrepreneur'. Customer left bad feedback saying it couldn't be registered and bits were falling off, and said entrepreneur created a new Ebay account. Doesn't really inspire confidence.

pepperami
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:24 - 06 Nov 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to say, that looks very much like the engine in my Honley/Zongshen .
Any better quality pictures available?

linuxyeti
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:46 - 06 Nov 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

It's definately the NC250 engine, same as what's in the RX-3.

Cheers

Tony

Nexus Icon
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:53 - 07 Nov 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can buy a CRF250L 2017 model for £4199 OTR if you don't want a PX or finance*.

I'm not sure why spending £300 more on a Chinese bike would appeal to anyone.

*£4499 with finance and a PX from same dealer.

linuxyeti
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:33 - 07 Nov 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure why it being chinese should make the slightest bit of difference, and, the NC250 engine is making a pretty good name for itself.

stevo as b4
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:39 - 07 Nov 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fantic have been back for ages, making bikes and often pretty trick looking well specced serious machines. But I assume you meant back on sale in the UK?

None of the new Fantic's since the brand was resurrected have been sold in the UK just because they would have been too expensive, and the serious off road bike market is generally lost in a sea of orange these days.

The 125 two and four stroke supermoto models look pretty trick and have a much better spec than most 125's maybe along with Rieju pro models.

This new bike looks decent and more affordable too, and I don't see any problem with it using a decent EFI Chinese engine as long as spares and dealers are well supported.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

pepperami
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:58 - 07 Nov 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

stevo as b4 wrote:
I don't see any problem with it using a decent EFI Chinese engine as long as spares and dealers are well supported.

Well I have had a Devil`s own job getting spares for that engine .
I had to go to CSC America to get a spare clutch cover for that bike engine.
Even though that engine is available in this country in the Honley Adventurer/Zongshen RX3, it appears that no-one wants to support it.

I don`t know if anyone is even importing it into this country anymore?

pepperami
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:00 - 07 Nov 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

linuxyeti wrote:
Not sure why it being chinese should make the slightest bit of difference, and, the NC250 engine is making a pretty good name for itself.

I like the engine , just a bit of an issue with tick over after a long spell at higher revs??? (working on the problem)

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 00:01 - 08 Nov 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

pepperami wrote:
linuxyeti wrote:

I like the engine , just a bit of an issue with tick over after a long spell at higher revs??? (working on the problem)

How old/milage is your Honley peppers?

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 00:42 - 08 Nov 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, and I'm surprised no ine has posted it, but there is only 1 Fantic I want to return.

https://www.rcoc.co.uk/fantic2.jpg

linuxyeti
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 08:46 - 08 Nov 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

pepperami wrote:

Well I have had a Devil`s own job getting spares for that engine .
I had to go to CSC America to get a spare clutch cover for that bike engine.
Even though that engine is available in this country in the Honley Adventurer/Zongshen RX3, it appears that no-one wants to support it.

I don`t know if anyone is even importing it into this country anymore?

Well, the Fantic release over here could be a godsend Smile I've never used Honley, just Tabao, for extra bits like oil filters and so on. However, for cheper postage costs, have you thought of try Romet in POland, as they sell it as the ADV-250

https://translate.google.co.uk/translate?hl=en&sl=pl&u=https://www.romet.pl/Katalog_motoryzacja,Motocykle,101,635,2015.html&prev=search

Also, worth bearing in mind, Zhongshen are taking back control of their brand, and in the new year will be marketed under the Cyclone brand, perhaps they have stopped supplying bikes as Honley's, or are about to do so?

Having said that, I do like the look of the CSC bash plate !

Alpineandy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:15 - 08 Nov 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

linuxyeti wrote:

It rather depends on which level of build quality and components that it ends up with.
Whilst some 'Chinese' bikes are undoubtedly much improved (certainly up to the level of the poorer Japanese examples, and possibly beyond), there's still plenty of crap coming out of china.
Although if it's only the engine coming from china then it shouldn't be an issue.
It'll be interesting to see what the first few are like in a years time.

pepperami
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:26 - 08 Nov 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:

How old/milage is your Honley peppers?

It`s on a 14 plate & just under 3000 miles now.

Last edited by pepperami on 18:28 - 08 Nov 2016; edited 1 time in total

pepperami
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:27 - 08 Nov 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:
Actually, and I'm surprised no ine has posted it, but there is only 1 Fantic I want to return.

https://www.rcoc.co.uk/fantic2.jpg
Wub

when I was at school, one of the cool kids had one of those Smile

stevo as b4
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:56 - 08 Nov 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

You'd need some balls to cope with the piss taking of riding a bike that looks like that but only has 49cc to back it up! Laughing

If they'd done one with a 200-250cc trials engine in it, then it would have been able to carry off the mini chopper style a bit better, and would have stretched the chassis to the point of it being fun and almost scary.

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:03 - 08 Nov 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

They did a 125 as well I think.

linuxyeti
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:27 - 09 Nov 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi they've also announed the

Fantic Calallero 500

https://put.edidomus.it/dueruote/news/foto/436716_4301_big_500.jpg

Again, this time with a Zhongshen NC450 engine

Whether it'll be made available in the UK, i don't know.

thx1138
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 01:37 - 10 Nov 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love the way it looks.

Azoth
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 02:47 - 10 Nov 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice old-school formula. It's like a Van Van/TW but more useful.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 7 years, 167 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Biking News & Rumours All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1