Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

I need a touring partner

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Touring & Exploration
View previous topic : View next topic  

dbarnett
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 16:37 - 21 Nov 2016    Post subject: I need a touring partner Reply with quote

I need a touring partner - anyone interested.

My missus bought a map of the world and stuck it on the wall (bad move by her). Being a bloke I've been looking at it a lot and thought a very long ride would be a great thing to do. (Australia was my 1st thought but slowly changing my mine). Don't fancy doing it by myself so I'm looking for a partner.

I live near Stroud.

Dave

raesewell
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 17:49 - 21 Nov 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unless you have toured before Dave I would start small and get bigger.

dbarnett
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 18:19 - 21 Nov 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Should have mentioned I've done 20 plus European trips (Greece and Southern Italy this year) plus a couple of India trips. I'm looking for longer trips now with a bit of off road stuff, hence the need for a riding buddy.

Dave

The Shaggy D.A.
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:51 - 21 Nov 2016    Post subject: Re: I need a touring partner Reply with quote

dbarnett wrote:
Don't fancy doing it by myself so I'm looking for a partner.

But we've only just met...
Previously : CB100N > CB250RS > XJ900F > GT550 > GPZ750R/1000RX > AJS M16 > R100RT > Bullet 500 > CB500 > LS650P > Bullet Electra X & YBR125 > Bullet 350 "Superstar" & YBR125 Custom > Royal Enfield Classic 500 Despatch Limited Edition (28 of 200) & CB Two-Fifty Nighthawk > ER5

pepperami
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:59 - 21 Nov 2016    Post subject: Re: I need a touring partner Reply with quote

dbarnett wrote:
I need a touring partner - anyone interested. Don't fancy doing it by myself so I'm looking for a partner. Dave

Good luck with that ,I know loads of people with bikes and none of them want to travel out of their town let alone across the world!

It`s very frustrating trying to find someone suitable/compatible to tour with, and I`m only trying to get someone to tour Blighty Crying or Very sad

raesewell
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 19:28 - 21 Nov 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

dbarnett wrote:
Should have mentioned I've done 20 plus European trips (Greece and Southern Italy this year) plus a couple of India trips. I'm looking for longer trips now with a bit of off road stuff, hence the need for a riding buddy.

Dave

Ah right ok Dave, I've done lots of Euro tours but never really fancied the far flung places myself. Best of luck and I hope you find a companion.

Mawsley
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 20:12 - 21 Nov 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hell is other people, ride solo.

pepperami
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:44 - 21 Nov 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mawsley wrote:

There`s a lot to be said for riding solo.
It`s a damm sight easier to plan the day or change it.

It`s a good job I`m comfortable in my own company or I`d never tour at all Sad Laughing

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:23 - 21 Nov 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mawsley wrote:

Fine in relative civilisation but not when you are on a journey like OP is contemplating.

-Monty-
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:26 - 21 Nov 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

You would be better off going to ADVrider or Horizons Unlimited for this sort of thing. This forum tends to be more interested in cats and whether to wear high vis or not.

The Shaggy D.A.
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:39 - 21 Nov 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

-Monty- wrote:
This forum tends to be more interested in cats and whether to wear high vis or not.

It's a no brainer, really.

https://cerys.files.wordpress.com/2014/11/15591595721_8f7ab0c188_z.jpg
Previously : CB100N > CB250RS > XJ900F > GT550 > GPZ750R/1000RX > AJS M16 > R100RT > Bullet 500 > CB500 > LS650P > Bullet Electra X & YBR125 > Bullet 350 "Superstar" & YBR125 Custom > Royal Enfield Classic 500 Despatch Limited Edition (28 of 200) & CB Two-Fifty Nighthawk > ER5

Fladdem
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:21 - 21 Nov 2016    Post subject: Re: I need a touring partner Reply with quote

pepperami wrote:
dbarnett wrote:
I need a touring partner - anyone interested. Don't fancy doing it by myself so I'm looking for a partner. Dave

Good luck with that ,I know loads of people with bikes and none of them want to travel out of their town let alone across the world!

It`s very frustrating trying to find someone suitable/compatible to tour with, and I`m only trying to get someone to tour Blighty Crying or Very sad

I'd do a 250 tour with you Mr. Peppers, I reckon you'd be a bit of a laugh. I just currently don't have access to a 250 I wouldn't mind touring on, my CRM would make me want to neck myself after a day, plus it would cost a fortune in fuel. 25MPG FTW. Laughing

Having said that, I enjoy mucking about on my own as well. You can keep to your own schedule and your own pace, I'm a big fan of bimbling for a while, then a mad hoon for about 15 minutes, then back to bimbling. A bonus is it's easier to organise. I tried to organise a weekend in the 4x4s with a few mates, three cars, 5 people, it was impossible. In the end three of us went in the two cars and didn't actually do any off-roading. Laughing

For an offroad adventure though, a second bloke is useful, when you crash, when it gets stuck, when it just generally goes tits up, at least you havebthe constant morale.
Current:1991 Honda MT50 (Soon to be a H100/MTX/MT5 hybrid), 1976 Honda Cub C70, 2005 Honda Varadero 125, 1993 Yamaha TTR250 Open Enduro , 2010 Road Legal Stomp YX140, 1994 Honda CRM 250 MK III, 1999 Cagiva Mito 125, 1992 Honda CB400 Super Four, Stomp T4 230, 1984 Honda H100s, 2009 Sym XS125K
Past:2003 Aprilia RS125, 1982 Kawasaki GPZ550(FREE BIKE!)
I'm having more fun than a well-oiled midget.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

dbarnett
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 00:04 - 22 Nov 2016    Post subject: No one seems to tour anymore Reply with quote

Back in the good old days there were lots of british tourers around europe. This time around i only saw 2 middle aged men on B registered scooters going to milan (thats B at the end of the reg no.- respect!!!). Are there no real bikers left? or do you just like polishing your BMWs.

Anyway, if anybody fancies an elongated adventure bike ride then let me know through this site. Im retired so another retired biker would be good.

NJD
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:21 - 22 Nov 2016    Post subject: Re: No one seems to tour anymore Reply with quote

dbarnett wrote:
or do you just like polishing your BMWs.

Less of that thanks. Tut Tut

FYI Harley's.

pepperami
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:19 - 22 Nov 2016    Post subject: Re: I need a touring partner Reply with quote

Fladdem wrote:

I'd do a 250 tour with you Mr. Peppers, I reckon you'd be a bit of a laugh. I currently don't have a 250
a second bloke is useful, when you crash,

Thank you, I`ll bear that in mind Smile Thumbs Up

pepperami
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:22 - 22 Nov 2016    Post subject: Re: No one seems to tour anymore Reply with quote

dbarnett wrote:
Back in the good old days there were lots of british tourers around europe. This time around i only saw 2 middle aged men on B registered scooters going to milan (thats B at the end of the reg no.- respect!!!). Are there no real bikers left? or do you just like polishing your BMWs.

Anyway, if anybody fancies an elongated adventure bike ride then let me know through this site. Im retired so another retired biker would be good.

I know what you mean : last time I went to John O`Groats I saw many bicycles and only two motorbikes and one of them was mine Sad

Enduro Numpty
Could Be A Chat Bot

PostPosted: 20:50 - 22 Nov 2016    Post subject: Re: No one seems to tour anymore Reply with quote

dbarnett wrote:

Me and the wife go to Europe every year and did a 2 month trip in 2012. I don't see a lot of British bikers when we're there but was putting it down to us normally going late May/early June, before the rush starts.

I've got a few ideas of my own for extended trips but unless the price of oil goes through the roof and I start making decent money again, I can't see any of them happening any time soon Sad

Best of luck.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 7 years, 128 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Touring & Exploration All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1