BCF: Bike Chat Forums

GSXR + Canon 350D

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Pictures Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic : View next topic  

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:50 - 14 Nov 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's rule of thirds, but it's also about having the subject 'going into' the shot, rather than looking like it's heading out of frame.

Here you go, this shot still (more or less) follows rule of thirds, but the bike is heading out of shot, which I wouldn't do:

https://i1291.photobucket.com/albums/b550/nicknicklxs/1e046631-61fc-4ff6-aa42-1bdfbe075e55_zpsqxm44j5z.jpg

Similarly, I wouldn't have the bike dead centre, as it's too ambiguous, if you like. Once again, I'd stress that as has been said, rules can be broken, but it's just a 'feeling' I got from some of your shots. Others may disagree Smile
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
THERE'S MILLIONS OF CHICKENSTRIPS OUT THERE!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

NJD
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:05 - 14 Nov 2016    Post subject: Re: GSXR + Canon 350D Reply with quote

Az wrote:
Any places to recommend for photo's or riding routes?

Photo locations: Depends what type of photography you want to do. Tysley train station as above and you can get some action shots / panning shots of the trains going past plus the station's an old style one that's been left untouched so you can get some cool shots around the place.

The canals in town. Might sound naff but there's loads of different buildings, boats and so.. just depends what takes your eye.

Inside the art gallery that has free entrance. There's an old BSA inside also hidden away somewhere so it's a bit of local history, only the one bike.

German markets. I'd probably go with someone for that since it's known for being a bit funky at the best of times.

There's normally, around summer, a food festival next door to the art museum and that can be an ok day out if you want a beer and to listen to the music.

Google "what's on in Birmingham this week?" or something like that and you can usually get a list. There's a few links on google. Email an event and state that you're a hobby photographer doing it for yourself and would like to know if you can attend the event for free in return for providing them with photographs. You only have to ask. Football grounds also might allow you to picture small training days of non important teams for the experience.

Plus there's plenty of walks around town. Pick a section and just explore, with a camera in the hand I just forget normality and go anywhere and shoot what takes my interest. You get funny looks all the time but whatever, depends how confident you are with holding your kit in plain view.

So yeah, that's mainly street and some action but you'll find what type you like best over time.

Rides:

Sadly not. I asked you the same thing in the hope you had some recommendations. From what I've read on here people always say Wales.

Beyond that what I currently have in mind might not interest you. In terms of twisty routes, fast roads and so on I've no idea.

Saying that during DAS we ended up in Brownhills and that was a nice little village, if the nice little village was in Brownhills. Email a local training school and ask them for the names of places they usual take students, can't hurt.

I've been stuck on a tiddler is why I don't have any recommended routes because the moment you start to plan a route via google maps I see a 50-60 mph road and think sod that I can't do it, can't really have any fun outside the city.

There's a place called Hampton in Arden that's caught my eye. Never been but might want to visit. I usually sit on google maps and pick a place and see how easy it is to get to and return.

Az
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:11 - 15 Nov 2016    Post subject: Re: GSXR + Canon 350D Reply with quote

NJD wrote:
Az wrote:
Any places to recommend for photo's or riding routes?

Photo locations: Depends what type of photography you want to do. Tysley train station as above and you can get some action shots / panning shots of the trains going past plus the station's an old style one that's been left untouched so you can get some cool shots around the place.

The canals in town. Might sound naff but there's loads of different buildings, boats and so.. just depends what takes your eye.

Inside the art gallery that has free entrance. There's an old BSA inside also hidden away somewhere so it's a bit of local history, only the one bike.

German markets. I'd probably go with someone for that since it's known for being a bit funky at the best of times.

There's normally, around summer, a food festival next door to the art museum and that can be an ok day out if you want a beer and to listen to the music.

Google "what's on in Birmingham this week?" or something like that and you can usually get a list. There's a few links on google. Email an event and state that you're a hobby photographer doing it for yourself and would like to know if you can attend the event for free in return for providing them with photographs. You only have to ask. Football grounds also might allow you to picture small training days of non important teams for the experience.

Plus there's plenty of walks around town. Pick a section and just explore, with a camera in the hand I just forget normality and go anywhere and shoot what takes my interest. You get funny looks all the time but whatever, depends how confident you are with holding your kit in plain view.

So yeah, that's mainly street and some action but you'll find what type you like best over time.

Rides:

Sadly not. I asked you the same thing in the hope you had some recommendations. From what I've read on here people always say Wales.

Beyond that what I currently have in mind might not interest you. In terms of twisty routes, fast roads and so on I've no idea.

Saying that during DAS we ended up in Brownhills and that was a nice little village, if the nice little village was in Brownhills. Email a local training school and ask them for the names of places they usual take students, can't hurt.

I've been stuck on a tiddler is why I don't have any recommended routes because the moment you start to plan a route via google maps I see a 50-60 mph road and think sod that I can't do it, can't really have any fun outside the city.

There's a place called Hampton in Arden that's caught my eye. Never been but might want to visit. I usually sit on google maps and pick a place and see how easy it is to get to and return.

Sorry I think you misunderstood my question, I was asking if you wanted reccomendations for photo locations or riding routes? In response to this...

NJD wrote:

Any places to recommend visiting from there as day trips? .. Not to derail this thread just interested.

NJD
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:04 - 15 Nov 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, oops. Embarassed

Riding routes would be nice. Even if I don't use them straight away I can explore when the better wearer arrives.

Az
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:16 - 15 Nov 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

NJD wrote:
Oh, oops. Embarassed

Riding routes would be nice. Even if I don't use them straight away I can explore when the better wearer arrives.

There's a handful of routes I know from Birmingham, to name a few off the top of my head...

Rides:
Birmingham - Bridgnorth (The Food Stop Cafe)
Birmingham - Worcester - Leominster (Doms Cafe) - Cross Gates (Cafe Express) aka 'The Worcester Run'
Birmingham - Stratford-upon-Avon (via the Henley Road aka 'The Dog')

Views/Photography:
Clent Hills (Stourbridge)
Clee Hill (not far from Bridgnorth)
Licky Hills (South Birmingham)
Stratford-upon-Avon Waterfront

There's also a handful of meets, the most popular being Bassetts Pole McDonalds every Tuesday. Bit quiet this time of the year, but it's booming in the summer. Have you recently moved to Birmingham?

NJD
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:42 - 15 Nov 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Az wrote:
There's also a handful of meets, the most popular being Bassetts Pole McDonalds every Tuesday. Bit quiet this time of the year, but it's booming in the summer. Have you recently moved to Birmingham?

I'm on the fence about bike meets. Never been to one but the idea doesn't really appeal to me at present. Could be because I've spent so long riding solo and commuting or just that it's not for everyone, who knows. Maybe one day.

No, always been around. Just a creature of habit and prefer the same old routine. Takes me a while to want to try a new route or get comfortable with the idea. I know next to no routes because I know ziltch bikers, beside that local one that's recently appeared but doesn't own one at present, in person.

DylanMitchell
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 10:51 - 25 Nov 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice pictures!
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 7 years, 125 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Pictures All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2