Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Motorcycle Live 2016

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Videos
View previous topic : View next topic  

Snowdonia Rider
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 08:40 - 30 Nov 2016    Post subject: Motorcycle Live 2016 Reply with quote

Not much talk of MCL this year, guess everyone is getting bored of it Laughing Oh well for those who are interested or couldn't make it, here is my version of a vid, promo girls included for the pervs out there Razz

https://youtu.be/-Hr4UVqhTsw

I didn't find it as good as last year and I could swear it was a lot smaller Thinking Still enjoyable though.

Busiest stand : Ducati
Quietest stand: Aprilia
Best effort: Harley Davidson
Worst effort: Aprilia
Biggest selection: Triumph
Friendliest staff: Harley Davidson
Most miserable staff: Honda

Just based on my time there anyway Smile
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

grr666
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 10:11 - 30 Nov 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Was going to start a thread about this, I went on Saturday with a mate although there was meant to be three of us
one had to drop out. Decided best place to sell his ticket on was in the queue of people about to buy one.
A quick ask along the queue had a steward telling me 'you can't do that here, which was a pain but I eventually shifted
it on for 15 quid to some russian bloke with a group of his mates.

Agree on smaller, me and my mate did two laps in 3 hours in the hope there was a bit we'd missed. The lycra clad clunge
was better last year, we married men look forward to things like that so I was disappointed there as well.
Went with the intention of buying winter gloves for me, and bar end mirrors and a CF rear hugger extender for the spacker.
Couldn't decide on gloves and didn't find a deal to make my mind up for me. A long chat with the guy on the Oberon stand
nearly got me parting with £120 for some beautiful billet mirrors for the bike but he didn't have a pair of the adaptors for
my bar ends with him so I'm going to sort something via email and royal mail instead. And didn't see a hugger that wasn't
from the MAX Powahhh house of MT09 bolt on tat. So a shopping fail really. Came home and immediately ordered a
real CF hugger from Pyramid plastics. (a couple of short trips in the wet have really highlighted a need for one.)
And a black visor for my lid. Laughing I was so pent up, I just had to spend something and the wife was out.

Lunch was overpriced but adequate. Despite being served in cardboard box I still expect a 13 quid burger and chips to
taste GOOOOOD, not just adequate.

Whats up with the freebies??? I just spent thousands on a new Yamaha and they didn't have a sticker to give away?
Was the same most places. Best freebie was the credit card bolt sizer from Probolt. Some places wanted money in
their bucket before they'd make with the freebies. But I like my stickers and stuff so was disappointed there as well.
Bad show charging extra to watch the scramblers flying about too. Maybe if they didn't rinse folk at every possible
opportunity for a few extra quid, and gave everyone a programme and laid on the entertainment free for everyone then
it would be more popular. Saw Lembit Opik sitting on the tiny MAG stand looking bored and being
ignored by pretty much everyone. Surely he should be meeting and greeting trying to bolster MAG (keep the subs coming) membership.
Should be a walk in the park for a top celebrity politician like him. Laughing

I thought it was a show consisting of Racebike, Yank tank or Retro. There didn't seem to be much variety and not
much to get involved with other than walking round like an alzheimers patient trying to find the toilet or the way out.
The stands just can't compete with the internet price wise, and some had over enthusiastic sales people which puts my
back up so I just shuffle on to the next place. Overall I'd give it 5 out of 10. Must try harder. Same time next year then... Laughing

Snowdonia Rider
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:42 - 30 Nov 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

grr666 wrote:
Was going to start a thread about this, I went on Saturday with a mate although there was meant to be three of us
one had to drop out. Decided best place to sell his ticket on was in the queue of people about to buy one.
A quick ask along the queue had a steward telling me 'you can't do that here, which was a pain but I eventually shifted
it on for 15 quid to some russian bloke with a group of his mates.

Agree on smaller, me and my mate did two laps in 3 hours in the hope there was a bit we'd missed. The lycra clad clunge
was better last year, we married men look forward to things like that so I was disappointed there as well.
Went with the intention of buying winter gloves for me, and bar end mirrors and a CF rear hugger extender for the spacker.
Couldn't decide on gloves and didn't find a deal to make my mind up for me. A long chat with the guy on the Oberon stand
nearly got me parting with £120 for some beautiful billet mirrors for the bike but he didn't have a pair of the adaptors for
my bar ends with him so I'm going to sort something via email and royal mail instead. And didn't see a hugger that wasn't
from the MAX Powahhh house of MT09 bolt on tat. So a shopping fail really. Came home and immediately ordered a
real CF hugger from Pyramid plastics. (a couple of short trips in the wet have really highlighted a need for one.)
And a black visor for my lid. Laughing I was so pent up, I just had to spend something and the wife was out.

Lunch was overpriced but adequate. Despite being served in cardboard box I still expect a 13 quid burger and chips to
taste GOOOOOD, not just adequate.

Whats up with the freebies??? I just spent thousands on a new Yamaha and they didn't have a sticker to give away?
Was the same most places. Best freebie was the credit card bolt sizer from Probolt. Some places wanted money in
their bucket before they'd make with the freebies. But I like my stickers and stuff so was disappointed there as well.
Bad show charging extra to watch the scramblers flying about too. Maybe if they didn't rinse folk at every possible
opportunity for a few extra quid, and gave everyone a programme and laid on the entertainment free for everyone then
it would be more popular. Saw Lembit Opik sitting on the tiny MAG stand looking bored and being
ignored by pretty much everyone. Surely he should be meeting and greeting trying to bolster MAG (keep the subs coming) membership.
Should be a walk in the park for a top celebrity politician like him. Laughing

I thought it was a show consisting of Racebike, Yank tank or Retro. There didn't seem to be much variety and not
much to get involved with other than walking round like an alzheimers patient trying to find the toilet or the way out.
The stands just can't compete with the internet price wise, and some had over enthusiastic sales people which puts my
back up so I just shuffle on to the next place. Overall I'd give it 5 out of 10. Must try harder. Same time next year then... Laughing

Good summary Thumbs Up

I was queueing up at 10ish on Saturday to buy a ticket and some bloke asked me if I wanted to buy one, maybe it was you? I probably would of but I didn't have cash just my card.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

linuxyeti
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:36 - 30 Nov 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

I went ..

Liked the Versys on the Kawasaki Stand

https://www.kawasaki.co.uk/en/products/dual_purpose/2017/versys_650/overview?Uid=07E0Cw1cWFheXl5RXFlcXFhfUVFdWAwLXlpQXQwMUVFaDFo

Sat on, and nearly booked a trial ride on a Honda CB500X, to be fair, it felt lovely

https://www.honda.co.uk/motorcycles/range/adventure/cb500x-2016/overview.html

Found the joint Mash / SWM stand ..

I really like the new Euro 4 ready, (ABS, additional gubbins in the exhaust downpipes) Green Mash 400, the TT40 looks quite nice to. When it comes to replacing my current Mash, almost certain that I'll get another.

https://www.mashmotorcycles.co.uk/model/roadstar/roadstar-highland-green

https://www.mashmotorcycles.co.uk/model/trackstar

The SWM Super Dual, looks cool as well, also quite tempted ...

https://www.swmmotorcycles.co.uk/models/super-dual
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 7 years, 142 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Videos All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1