Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

I can sleep safely at night now.

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs
View previous topic : View next topic  

Sun Wukong
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 05:37 - 02 Dec 2016    Post subject: I can sleep safely at night now. Reply with quote

The FBI is protecting us from everything and everyone.

FBI saves the day

One line from the harshly toned article grabbed my attention.

Quote:
Trod turned over £15.1million in the year to April 2015, making a profit of £124,524, and employed 110 people.

The evil bastard!

BTTD
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 08:48 - 02 Dec 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shame he had to break the law to do it.
The article does seem to be rather sensationalist - quoting maximum fines and imprisonment terms, but US punishments on fraud and anti-competition are pretty draconian.
Lesson: if you're not the head of a US bank whose failure would cripple the entire world economy, do not break US laws. I think it works something like that.

Lord Percy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:52 - 02 Dec 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Definite case of hitting the little people hard to keep us in line.

I doubt it was as simple as the FBI walking in and asking for the UK to hand him over though. Otherwise those two Asperger's blokes who hacked various American things would be long gone by now.
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 7 years, 118 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1