Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Will China take over?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
View previous topic : View next topic  

Kickstart
The Oracle

PostPosted: 00:27 - 16 Feb 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lord Percy wrote:
So I was more wondering about the relative lack of social spaces. For example in your average neighbourhood over here you'll have nothing but houses and it's pretty much a dead zone after a certain time. Whereas residential areas all over in China seemed to have little shops and places to go, with people hanging around outside etc.

Used to have lots of pubs which pretty much fulfilled this function, but they are rapidly going out of business.

All the best

Katy

spnorm
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 21:14 - 30 Mar 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been traveling to Shanghai and Jiangsu province (immediately to the west) since 2004 several times per year.

The changes have been staggering and everyone aspires to the same things as we like in the west e.g. a nice car, phone, holiday and they enjoy a night out in the pub or a coffee shop. The also like a dance and there's lots of line dancing, ballroom dancing and tai chi going on in the public spaces, as well as playing football and jogging.

I really like the place and always feel safe and comfortable in Kunshan where our factory is located. Shanghai is a fun place, but very expensive in places. Paying £7-10 for a pint is not unusual in the wealthy/expat areas Shocked

I'm not sure the area is representative of Chna as a whole though
Old Thread Alert!

There is a gap of 250 days between these two posts...

Lord Percy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:52 - 06 Dec 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

China buys the pub Xi Jinping visited with Cameron

“lol they bought a pub", you may say.

But this is just another notch to their economic imperialist bow.

I'm absolutely certain the wide-open, laissez faire, free market attitude our government has taken towards UK assets for far too long is going to boot us all in the arse very quickly and flush the country down the pan faster than we ever thought possible.

East India Tea company springs to mind. As things stand, I'd be willing to place a bet on some massive Chinese state-backed corporate takeovers happening in the UK in coming decades.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 7 years, 135 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3