Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

CABERG vs. IXS

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> New Bikers
View previous topic : View next topic  

Bobossus
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 12:06 - 07 Jan 2017    Post subject: CABERG vs. IXS Reply with quote

Hello guys,

I was wondering if anybody can give me a honest feedback on "what would be better to buy" between these two helmets.

Caberg X-Trace
https://youtu.be/jYEQ6juDjHc

and

IXS HX 207
https://www.fc-moto.de/IXS-HX-207-Enduro-Helmet

Many thanks ! Mr. Green

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 13:32 - 07 Jan 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whichever fits best. Really.

What purpose are you intending to use them for? I ask because visor + peak is a curious combination. You only need the first at speeds where you don't want the second.

bugeye_bob
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:54 - 07 Jan 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I went with a Spada in this style, but it was more about how it fit me then the name, I own a Caberg but not in this style, that has been brilliant.

Alpineandy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:18 - 07 Jan 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Find a shop where they sell both and try them for fit.
Different helmets fit different shaped heads, so you'd be an idiot to buy without trying one on first.

ThatDippyTwat
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:21 - 07 Jan 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you like those, also look at the Uber Baja. I found the fit better.

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 15:56 - 07 Jan 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogerborg wrote:
Whichever fits best. Really.

Thumbs Up

Get to a shop and try those lids on and as many others as possible. One of those two will fit you better than the other but there's every chance that a different lid will give an even better fit. Only by trying lots of lids on do you know which really is the best fit for your head.

Which lid someone else found to be a good fit is almost completely irrelevant as your head is a different shape and size.

Go and try lots of lids on and make your decision based on that. Then you can see what colour schemes that lid is available in and that's as much choice as you get as to what it looks like because fit comes before everything else.

Well, I say that fit comes before everything else but I'm saying that with the presumption that you're choosing between the right types of lid for what you'll be using it for. Laughing

Bobossus
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 16:41 - 07 Jan 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the tips. I will test them in the shop, unfortunately could not find a IXS HX 207 in the shop. I was most curious with the build quality.

As for the bikes, I intend to buy one of the following bikes for a day-to-day use:

1. BMW f650 gs (2000 - 2004)
2. Honda Tansalp (2000 - 2007)
3. BMW 1100 GS
4. Honda Varadero 1999 - 2003.

My budget is not that high, at a maximum of 2 500 euros so that is why I can afford older models.

Alpineandy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:54 - 07 Jan 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bobossus wrote:
As for the bikes, I intend to buy one of the following bikes for a day-to-day use:

1. BMW f650 gs (2000 - 2004)
2. Honda Tansalp (2000 - 2007)
3. BMW 1100 GS
4. Honda Varadero 1999 - 2003.

You've posted in the 'New Bikers' section, so I guess this is your 1st big bike.

The GS 1100 and Varadero (XL1000) are both big heavy bikes.
I'd suggest you would be wise to leave them until you have some experience (2nd or 3rd bike).

I have an XL650 which I really like. It's not very exciting but it does everything I need of it.
Make sure you check the gearbox output shaft (the shaft that the front sprocket sits on) as some lose their teeth which means you'll need to either rebuild the gearbox or get another gearbox. Apart from that they're very easy bikes to ride, although not very fast.
The GS650 is a decent but even less exciting than the XL650.

All 'In My Opinion' of course.

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 12:45 - 08 Jan 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bobossus wrote:
for a day-to-day use

And what use is that?

It looks like you're trying to match the helmet to the style of bike that you're considering. But style isn't use.

Those lids with visor-and-peak are intended for actual enduro riding, where you're riding offroad, getting sand or debris flung at your face, are travelling fast enough to benefit from a full visor rather than goggles, but not fast enough that the peak rips your head off.

Travelling through Africa, they make sense. On metalled roads, I'd suggest a regular full face (or flip front) helmet instead.

Alpineandy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:48 - 08 Jan 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogerborg wrote:
Those lids with visor-and-peak are intended for actual enduro riding, where you're riding offroad, getting sand or debris flung at your face, are travelling fast enough to benefit from a full visor rather than goggles, but not fast enough that the peak rips your head off.

Have you seen the roads in Romania?

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 17:31 - 08 Jan 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Made from the bones of vampires?

Ruh roh: "Refugee Integration Counsellor"

Well, this ought to be fun.

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 17:53 - 08 Jan 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogerborg wrote:
Ruh roh: "Refugee Integration Counsellor"

Well, this ought to be fun.

Here's a screenshot because it's going to be edited. I wonder if one niner will be taking off.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 7 years, 108 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> New Bikers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1