Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

New Benelli / Qjiang 1200

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Biking News & Rumours
View previous topic : View next topic  

linuxyeti
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:12 - 03 Jan 2017    Post subject: New Benelli / Qjiang 1200 Reply with quote

Hi all

Well, I do quite like the look of this, if CFMoto don't bring out a Euro 4 TR or TR-G then, when the time is right, depending on cost etc, I could be very interested in the civvy version of this...

https://www.bennetts.co.uk/bikesocial/news-and-views/news/2016/december/big-benelli-1200cc-triple-scooped

RhynoCZ
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:21 - 03 Jan 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

This advertiser link is no longer active.

ScaredyCat
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:30 - 03 Jan 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

RhynoCZ wrote:
This advertiser link is no longer active.

That's a BCF issue not a Bennetts one.. copy-pasta this without the <cock>

Code:
<cock>www.bennetts.co.uk/bikesocial/news-and-views/news/2016/december/big-benelli-1200cc-triple-scooped</cock>

TheSmiler
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:58 - 03 Jan 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right then simple upload of the image from the link, so they have designed a pan European mixed with the new ugly horrible BMW k series.

https://i.imgur.com/OKEn9TQ.jpg

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 05:24 - 04 Jan 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Weird how Bennetts seem to scoop so much that actual 'bike' rags miss.

"Benelli" already do a few big triples, but - even if this one is Eurobollocks compliant - will MotoGB take a gamble on it? howmanyleft suggests that the modern "Benellis" sell in the tens of units. <broken record>Support, warranty, parts, resale.</broken record>

linuxyeti
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 07:52 - 04 Jan 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess only time will tell, probably not looking to upgrade/replace my TR for a couple more years or so, anyhow.

CrusaderPhil
Renault 5 Driver

PostPosted: 06:52 - 05 Jan 2017    Post subject: Re: New Benelli / Qjiang 1200 Reply with quote

linuxyeti wrote:
Hi all

Well, I do quite like the look of this, if CFMoto don't bring out a Euro 4 TR or TR-G then, when the time is right, depending on cost etc, I could be very interested in the civvy version of this...

https://www.bennetts.co.uk/bikesocial/news-and-views/news/2016/december/big-benelli-1200cc-triple-scooped

Link no longer working
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

bamt
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 07:33 - 05 Jan 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is if you copy and paste it rather than clicking on it.

Vracktal
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:00 - 06 Jan 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wonder what the parts compatibility will be like between that shaft drive unit and the BMW unit they traced it from?

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 09:39 - 06 Jan 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would hope that they've done a better job of it than the Bavarians.

pepperami
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:15 - 08 Jan 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheSmiler wrote:
Right then simple upload of the image from the link, so they have designed a pan European mixed with the new ugly horrible BMW k series.

https://i.imgur.com/OKEn9TQ.jpg

This must be said in a stop-start Chinese voice : "You like big bike....We make big bike... we copy clappy style... you buy now" Laughing
Old Thread Alert!

There is a gap of 3 years, 12 days between these two posts...

linuxyeti
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:48 - 21 Jan 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seems it's finally on it's way

https://www.bennetts.co.uk/bikesocial/news-and-views/news/2020/january/benelli-1200-chinas-most-powerful-bike-yet

https://www.bennetts.co.uk/-/media/bikesocial/2020-january-images/benelli-qianjiang-qj1200-tourer/benelli-qianjiang-qj1200.ashx?h=493&w=740&la=en&hash=51AD7E5AD35B22B75F7E7C288A57233A69029570

Have to admit, I was tempted originally, but, if they've gone back to chain instead of shaft drive, I think that would be a retrograde step.

trevor saxe-coburg-gotha
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:19 - 21 Jan 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doesn't look at all top-heavy or beemer-derivative.

Mobylette Type 50 ---> Raleigh Grifter ---> Neval Minsk 125

linuxyeti
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:29 - 21 Jan 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Or FJR1300 or CF650TR-G or GTR1000 or ST1100/1300 ... and so on, most bikes are derivations of other bikes by differing manufacturers.

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:30 - 21 Jan 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

It won't sell.

People who own big tourers don't motorcycle on the cheap.

They own Goldwings and BMW's and the like and are in the group of people that have surplus cash for their hobbies.

Triumph got their fingers burnt with the Trophy even though it's a perfectly good long haul tourer with all the toys and was way cheaper than the equivalent BMW. Brand loyalty is strong in this part of the bike market and they struggled to break in.

Also, this group of people, me included, expect to take my bike to the dealer for service/work, ride out on a courtesy machine while it's in there and get 5 star service and are willing to pay a premium for that when it comes to bikes costing the best part of 15+ grand.

The old story, until the Chinese have a proper dealership set up they are never going to be mainstream. It's the same with their cars.

and if, as they say, it's chain drive, forget it. There hasn't been a tourer made for years by the mainstream manufacturers that isn't shaft drive or in some cases, Victory and Harley, belt drive.

linuxyeti
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:38 - 21 Jan 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:

The old story, until the Chinese have a proper dealership set up they are never going to be mainstream. It's the same with their cars.

and if, as they say, it's chain drive, forget it. There hasn't been a tourer made for years by the mainstream manufacturers that isn't shaft drive or in some cases, Victory and Harley, belt drive.

Well, the dealer where I got my Interceptor from, also does Benelli's, and, can't say I've any issue with the dealer, who, as like you say, when it comes to servicing etc, is happy to give you a courtesy bike for the day, that's, how i got to play on the Himalayan. Also, if, it's got the same support as the Imperiale, you get 3 years breakdown cover included etc. I agree though, how well it sells in the UK is debatable, even if Benelli had there best global sales last year, and, yes, for this sort of bike, reverting to a chain would be a mistake.

As for chinese cars, the MG ZS EV seems to be selling well, and getting good reviews...

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:20 - 21 Jan 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know you are a protagonist of the Chinese motorcycle but all the larger bikes they have made, they just don't sell.

The ER6 copy never sold. The one in a dress never sold. The Benellis never sold, you could buy a new Tornado for basically pennies.

There is either something drastically wrong with their bikes, their marketing or their set up in the western world.

So presuming their bikes have improved from the pile of tat my son had when he was learning then it must be down to marketing, distribution or dealership set up.

I'd bet my last pound it's because they don't have a network of company backed dealerships and that is a huge reason why no one will spend big that tourer.

linuxyeti
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:32 - 21 Jan 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:
I know you are a protagonist of the Chinese motorcycle but all the larger bikes they have made, they just don't sell.

The ER6 copy never sold. The one in a dress never sold. The Benellis never sold, you could buy a new Tornado for basically pennies.

There is either something drastically wrong with their bikes, their marketing or their set up in the western world.

So presuming their bikes have improved from the pile of tat my son had when he was learning then it must be down to marketing, distribution or dealership set up.

I'd bet my last pound it's because they don't have a network of company backed dealerships and that is a huge reason why no one will spend big that tourer.

No, their bikes sell well in Europe, Asia, Australasia & South America. In the UK CFMoto, are now not rebranding their bikes. As for chinese bikes being tat, again, never had a problem with spares support, or build quality, the worse bike for build quality was a Thai manufactured bike. As for support, I've had local dealers & garages that have supported my chinese, korean, japanese, & indian bikes, than would support my thai built bike.

Mash seem to be doing well, having just introduced a 650 flat tracker, with a 650 Adventure bike just announced.. Things have changed a bit since your day ..

Mudshark
Nearly there...

PostPosted: 17:37 - 21 Jan 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:

Also, this group of people, me included, expect to take my bike to the dealer for service/work, ride out on a courtesy machine while it's in there and get 5 star service and are willing to pay a premium for that when it comes to bikes costing the best part of 15+ grand.

indeed, I'll likely be replacing the R1200RS with the newer 1250RS this year, and at those price levels and spec levels I'm not going to take a chance on a Chinese Italian, BMW may not be perfect but I kinda know what I'm in for. And probably like others who can afford such bikes I'm lucky enough to be able to afford a couple of grand for another 2nd hand bike for commuting/laughs/general non-sense.
Although if someone had told me 40, 30, 20 even 10 years ago I'd be buying new never mind a Beemer I'd have choked on my cider

pepperami
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:00 - 24 Jan 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

linuxyeti wrote:
Polarbear wrote:
I know you are a protagonist of the Chinese motorcycle.

No, their bikes sell well

Mash seem to be doing well, having just introduced a 650 flat tracker, with a 650 Adventure bike just announced.. Things have changed a bit since your day ..

Two things there, I’ve not seen any on the road or in any dealers windows?

Seen a few of the Enfield trials type thingy.
Have only ever seen a couple of the larger Mash’s in all the time I’ve been out on the road.
Being the owner of a couple of ‘unusual’ brands of bike I can testify how hard it can be at times to get support for ‘different’ Far Eastern bikes.

Going back to the two thing : if the bikes are so much better, then that is pleasing to hear, that’s one thing.
Now they need to sort out support/dealerships NATIONWIDE.
That would be the second thing.
Xangbong/Suschi/Zongshen or whoever they are need to stop leaving support to non affiliated individuals and the internet, that is NOT good product support.

Both my non regular Far Eastern bikes have been good bikes, particularly the Hyosung (I want to keep it long term).

Would I buy another non regular Far Eastern bike?, with the way things are going at the moment, not a chance in Hell.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 4 years, 85 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Biking News & Rumours All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1