Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Hello! My story 'til now - perseverance!

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> New Bikers Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 00:28 - 07 Jan 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bozzy wrote:

He says his main issue is with slow speed control of a big bike, not a tiddler. How would buying a 125 help? Besides, he's passed MOD1 now so he was right to persevere anyway.

I struggled with the weight of the bike on my Mod 1, but I wasn't stalling and falling over.

trevor saxe-coburg-gotha
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 07:46 - 07 Jan 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bozzy wrote:
He says his main issue is with slow speed control of a big bike

"my main problem was the time in between tests"

Mobylette Type 50 ---> Raleigh Grifter ---> Neval Minsk 125
trevor saxe-coburg-gotha This post is not being displayed because it has a low rating (Abusive). Unhide this post / all posts.

Bozzy
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 09:30 - 07 Jan 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

trevor saxe-coburg-gotha wrote:
Bozzy wrote:
He says his main issue is with slow speed control of a big bike

"my main problem was the time in between tests"

If you take my quote literally....however,

AshWebster wrote:
Slow speed manouevring with the bike was so much different to the 125, was very hard to change ur emphasis when the weight of the bike is probably 3 times heavier!

He is struggling with the weight of the bike. I maintain practising on a 125cc, as per your suggestion, is/was a waste of time.

Bozzy
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 10:09 - 07 Jan 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

And what I'm saying is DO. You're a liability who's going to be lying stuck under your bike at the next mini-roundabout because you haven't sussed the most basic aspects of riding. Some mug's going to have to stop and lift your bike up for you and wonder what kind of turds are out there on two wheels.

He's met the criteria set by DVSA Derek for slow speed control. It doesn't matter that it took him a good few attempts, he's passed.

You're a total fucking embarrassment not an inspiration.

That's a little uncalled for.

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 11:57 - 07 Jan 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're a liability who's going to be lying stuck under your bike at the next mini-roundabout because you haven't sussed the most basic aspects of riding. Some mug's going to have to stop and lift your bike up for you and wonder what kind of turds are out there on two wheels. You're a total fucking embarrassment not an inspiration.

Whooaaaaaaaa there, did you recently buy a KTM?

Anyway we covered this earlier with "dropped a girl's bike". Whistle

OP will be fine once he's dropped his own Honda a few times, it's all good.

AshWebster
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 15:55 - 07 Jan 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

And what I'm saying is DO. You're a liability who's going to be lying stuck under your bike at the next mini-roundabout because you haven't sussed the most basic aspects of riding. Some mug's going to have to stop and lift your bike up for you and wonder what kind of turds are out there on two wheels. You're a total fucking embarrassment not an inspiration.

That chip on ur shoulder is turning into a potato. I think you are the first biker I have come across who is an elitist bell-end.

-----------------/

Fwiw I just did my second day DAS training in the pouring rain and dense fog (conditions of which the instructor said the test would normally be called off) didn't put a foot wrong all day even with people in cars doing dangerous shit all around. Really enjoyed the ride out and again my instructor said I'm a competent rider.

Roll on weds!

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 18:16 - 07 Jan 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

AshWebster wrote:
I think you are the first biker I have come across who is an elitist bell-end.

Hold that thought. You're lucky you've not been introduced to BCF's mascot yet. Elitist bell-end is pretty much what we do. Best answer is to smash in your mod 2 (then don't foul up actually getting your license updated).

Random aside, but we also seem to get a fair amount of this:

misstrish -> Formerly known as -> jonrayner

Confused

Dave_80
Renault 5 Driver

PostPosted: 18:43 - 07 Jan 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

The op seems to realise they have a lot to learn on two wheels but some of the replies are just pure bellendry!

Good luck with mod 2,once you're through it you will look back on it all,laugh at yourself and wonder how the hell it took so long!

trevor saxe-coburg-gotha
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:13 - 08 Jan 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

AshWebster wrote:
you are the first biker I have come across who is an elitist

Oh yeah I'm a regular fucking Spetsnaz biker, me - what with my Aldi boots, Box BX-1 lid and 20 year old cb500 w/ 65k on it.

Mobylette Type 50 ---> Raleigh Grifter ---> Neval Minsk 125

AshWebster
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 00:26 - 10 Jan 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Test is weds morning - feeling pretty confident , unlike mod 1 I find the open road a lot easier (and freer? Is that a word? :p).

One question in case I forget to ask my instructor on the ride down - when pulling out from behind a car/side of the road , do I need to indicate? I know I have to do lifesaver to check then lifesaver again when pulling out.

There's one double roundabout in cleveleys which people all go crazy about in car tests but I been driving for years round there so touch wood that shouldn't be any different. I'm always looking for (idiots) other drivers to make mistakes and assuming the worst, so hopefully no dangerous faults (even if they are speeding or no indicate etc)

If I fail I'll be more gutted than mod 1, cos I should be passing this, whereas I'm the first to admit my mod1 was very shaky to say the least. I just hope the radio works better than in the fog on Saturday!

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 00:40 - 10 Jan 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

AshWebster wrote:

One question in case I forget to ask my instructor on the ride down - when pulling out from behind a car/side of the road , do I need to indicate? I know I have to do lifesaver to check then lifesaver again when pulling out.

Yes, I believe technically it depends on if there's anyone to benefit, but just do it Smile

Bozzy
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 08:37 - 10 Jan 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

AshWebster wrote:
Test is weds morning - feeling pretty confident , unlike mod 1 I find the open road a lot easier (and freer? Is that a word? :p).

There's one double roundabout in cleveleys which people all go crazy about in car tests but I been driving for years round there so touch wood that shouldn't be any different. I'm always looking for (idiots) other drivers to make mistakes and assuming the worst, so hopefully no dangerous faults (even if they are speeding or no indicate etc)

If I fail I'll be more gutted than mod 1, cos I should be passing this, whereas I'm the first to admit my mod1 was very shaky to say the least. I just hope the radio works better than in the fog on Saturday!

I was told it was only necessary to indicate if there was someone there but I ignored this and indicated anyway.

I assume you mean the roundabout in Bispham Village? It's fairly easy tbh just treat it as two seperate roundabouts. I got Amounderness Way after that an ended up doing two laps of Morrisons roundabout as I counted the exits wrong!

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 10:47 - 10 Jan 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

AshWebster wrote:

This comes up in discussions of "advanced" (RoSPA / IAM / Roadcraft wannabe coppers) riding a bit. Some of them expect / demand that you should only indicate if it would help another road user. Depending on your examiner's personal preference, he may expect you to treat him as though he's not there, so you wouldn't indicate unless there's other traffic.

That's an aside. I'd ignore all that and always indicate. The examiner is there, he can see you, and you won't be failed for indicating. You might be for not doing so.

AshWebster wrote:
There's one double roundabout in cleveleys

Slow in, confident through it, accelerate out, job done.

Watch out for unmarked junctions, treat them as give-ways.

AshWebster wrote:
I just hope the radio works better than in the fog on Saturday!

If it doesn't, then don't worry, just ride safely. Same on the independent riding section. It does not matter where you go (well, not on a motorway), just pick a route and commit to it.

Enjoy it, it's just a ride out.

owl
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:06 - 10 Jan 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogerborg wrote:

If it doesn't, then don't worry, just ride safely. Same on the independent riding section. It does not matter where you go (well, not on a motorway), just pick a route and commit to it.

Enjoy it, it's just a ride out.

funny you say that, our instructor actually said when you leave the test centre the examimer will ask you to turn left or right, he said left is generally nicer easier routes whilst right is normally trickier routes, not only out of that juntion but a number of busy roundabouts and towards busy town centre. He suggested that if you get asked to turn right, your radio might get some "interference" and you might actually hear him say left Laughing

AshWebster
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 11:53 - 10 Jan 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

theres one mini roundabout near the country lanes which is almost a u-turn with a blind entrance to ur right. might just go left on it Wink even tho i did it fine the other day :p

Bozzy
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 18:37 - 10 Jan 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

AshWebster wrote:
theres one mini roundabout near the country lanes which is almost a u-turn with a blind entrance to ur right. might just go left on it Wink even tho i did it fine the other day :p

Which one do you mean?

B Button
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 00:46 - 11 Jan 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good luck tomorrow, and relaaaaax Cool

AshWebster
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 12:51 - 11 Jan 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bozzy wrote:
AshWebster wrote:

Which one do you mean?

near weeton barracks or not far from there.

anyway back to the point im posting - test was cancelled due to high winds.... hugely disappointed :/ next one booked for 3 weeks :///////

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 15:30 - 11 Jan 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bunch of Dildo Fagginses. They used to be manlier to in the Olden Days (i.e. 2010). I sat mine in the tail end of a blizzard - their view was that if I could make it in, they'd do the test (following in car).

Ah well, better luck next time.

Bozzy
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 19:57 - 11 Jan 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know the one. Avoid the pikeys that live nearby!

That's shit about your test. It was particularly windy today though so can't blame 'em for cancelling. Hoppefully you'll have better weather in 3 weeks.

Vulusmaximus
Derestricted Danger

PostPosted: 14:59 - 16 Jan 2017    Post subject: Re: Hello! My story 'til now - perseverance! Reply with quote

AshWebster wrote:
Hi all - long time lurker first time poster.
Ash

Hi, as a long-term lurker myself just wanted to say well done for persevering Thumbs Up

Due for my first attempt at the Mod 1 this Friday (gulp) Smile
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

AshWebster
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 17:13 - 16 Jan 2017    Post subject: Re: Hello! My story 'til now - perseverance! Reply with quote

Vulusmaximus wrote:
AshWebster wrote:
Hi all - long time lurker first time poster.
Ash

Hi, as a long-term lurker myself just wanted to say well done for persevering Thumbs Up

Due for my first attempt at the Mod 1 this Friday (gulp) Smile

good luck! i can only say from my own experiences that mod 1 feels very, binary - pass or fail (i think somoene else has said this too), and there is little to no room for errors. Take your time before each segment and you should be ok!

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 10:30 - 17 Jan 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mod 1 is both easy to pass, and easy to fail. One foot dab at the wrong time and you're out.

AshWebster
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 20:36 - 18 Jan 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

So after 4 failed mod 1's ..... and one cancelled mod 2..... I passed on my first try!

Picked up my cb650f and it's now safely in the garage ready for a decent ride out on saturday! #hyped!!
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 7 years, 70 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> New Bikers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3