Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

2017 Triumph Street Triple

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Biking News & Rumours
View previous topic : View next topic  

derillius24
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 20:15 - 10 Jan 2017    Post subject: 2017 Triumph Street Triple Reply with quote

Hi, All. Fast Bikes magazine appear to have released an initial bout of information with regard to the '17 Street Triple range.

"New 2017 Triumph Street Triple 765 RS! The top-spec version - 121bhp, 77Nm of torque, traction-control, quick-shifter, five rider modes, Ohlins shock, colour dash, Brembo M50 calipers..."

Tasty.

Please feel free to add more information / pics if you are more informed than I am.

Thoughts?

Cheers.

https://i63.tinypic.com/npgebn.jpg

derillius24
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 20:33 - 10 Jan 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

"New 2017 Triumph Street Triple 765 R - The Middle Child. Featuring a 116bhp output, 77nm of torque, four rider modes, traction-control, LED headlamps, a colour dash, quality Showa suspension, Brembo M4 32 calipers and much more!" - Fast Bikes

"New 2017 Triumph Street Triple S. The 'economy' version 765 making 111bhp, 73Nm and featuring two rider modes, traction-control and a flashy new gull swingarm. The cheaper version of the three new models". - Fast Bikes

Talk is circa £8k for the 'S' model, meaning the top spec party will likely be £10k plus. MT-10 territory... Thinking

Alex A
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:07 - 10 Jan 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks great, actually.

Visually not dissimilar similar to the outgoing model, which is no bad thing. Useful power gain, especially the RS. No heavier, which is great. The RS will be MT-10 money, but then again, the Speed Triple R has just pasted the MT-10 (and every other naked bike apart from the Tuono) in the 'Rutter Test' in PB, and that's 'only' 138bhp/192kg. The new Street 765 RS is rated at 123bhp/166kg, so has the potential to outperform the Speed Triple R.

It may or may not be brilliant, but it certainly looks like Triumph have recognised and stuck with the winning formula.

mkjackary
Nitrous Nuisance

PostPosted: 23:06 - 10 Jan 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it looks a tad sexier, especially in the engine area, more meaty

derillius24
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 23:33 - 10 Jan 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alex A wrote:
the 'Rutter Test' in PB

I read that test just yesterday, and interesting reading it did make. Love him or loathe him, Rutter can likely spank a bike a touch harder than most of us and he seemed uncharacteristically smitten with the Speed. The figures you mention in relation to the new Street make for a tantalising prospect.

Evolution rather than revolution, but I like it. Here's hoping the fly-by-wire throttle isn't a sperg-fest.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 7 years, 78 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Biking News & Rumours All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1