Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

turbo/nitrous bikes on the sand.

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Pictures
View previous topic : View next topic  

lilredmachine
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:57 - 20 Aug 2016    Post subject: turbo/nitrous bikes on the sand. Reply with quote

Few pics of my turbo bandit and my mate's nitrous bandit on the beach at Bembridge.

https://s13.postimg.org/qvhsl3bdz/14079516_10154433519053485_8520512954067017568_n.jpg

https://s9.postimg.org/j98nboyyn/14089134_10154433521838485_1490417672131464649_n.jpg

https://s10.postimg.org/i7hiz8kh5/14021543_10154433517273485_1336045274894631735_n.jpg

https://s10.postimg.org/eewyogs21/14034900_10154433519848485_9145187115611827905_n.jpg

The turbo bike is a custom setup with a GT25/28 hybrid turbo stretched 6" over with extenders on a braced stock arm. rear wheel wears a Shinko drag radial with a 50mm drop in the back complementing a 40mm drop in the front.

The nitrous bike is a 75hp wet shot WON kit with a custom built 8" stretched swingarm also with a Shinko drag radial. It is dropped 60mm in the back with a 30mm drop in the front. The bike was crashed at about 90mph a few weeks ago, and we have busted a gut to get it back together!

Both the bikes run with tie downs for sprinting and have very soft suspension, they almost scrape when you are sat on them! haha.

nitrosurf
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 07:00 - 02 Sep 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

So cool, so very very cool...

Have you timed them over the 1/8 and 1/4 mile? I bet they're hilarious (read: terrifying) coming out of off camber bends on the power!

Karma Karma for sheer awesomeness!

lilredmachine
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:51 - 25 Oct 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, the nitrous bike was finished very shortly before the Bulldog Bash where it ran a very conservative 10.8 1/4 mile. A standard Bandit 12 should run around a 11.6-8 1/4. Nitrous was hit about the 330ft mark on that run so there is massive room for improvement.

The turbo bike hit 116mph by the 660ft and ran on to a 10.009 1/4 but was dogged by fuel pressure problems all weekend, spent most of the time burping and farting. Eventually it ended up going home in a van. Dyno suggests 210 rwhp and 156lb/ft torque so low 9's shouldn't be a problem. A second swing arm is being built to copy the Nitrous bikes version to steal a couple more tenths. Turns out a float had failed in the carbs and was flooding, which was causing absolute mayhem for the rest of the carbs. The carbs rely on Pitot tubes to regulate boost throughout so one being slightly out of whack affects the others massively.

You live you learn, expect 9's next year. That means that these 20+ yr old Suzuki reprobates will turn times faster than a H2R for a combined cost of less than half a standard H2.

DylanMitchell
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 08:40 - 28 Oct 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice pictures, Lilredmachine.

pompousporcup...
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:50 - 28 Oct 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

is that a 10second Q on sand? Shocked

recman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:36 - 28 Oct 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

sharpe2002 wrote:
is that a 10second Q on sand? Shocked

I'd imagine any attempt would result in glass.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Pete.
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:30 - 28 Oct 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

You lads going to run the bikes at Pendine any time soon?

132.9mph off and walked away. Gear is good, gear is good, gear is very very good Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Fin
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:23 - 28 Oct 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it Loud?

lilredmachine
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:12 - 02 Jan 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Pete, the bikes are going to be doing more straightline events next year. It'd be nice to get out to the sand to see what they can do.

The nitrous bike is being converted to a turbo with a TD04 over winter.

Fin, the turbo is naturally silenced so isn't too loud. The nitrous bike is actually louder.

This run is a couple of years ago.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t2gQaAPrAG0

Bozzy
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 23:19 - 02 Jan 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

'Kin 'ell that looks epic although I think a lot of poo would come out if I tried to ride something comparable! Rolling Eyes

lilredmachine
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:50 - 10 Jan 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bozzy wrote:
'Kin 'ell that looks epic although I think a lot of poo would come out if I tried to ride something comparable! Rolling Eyes

You'd be alright, it's a big pussy cat really. Like, a starving lion type of big pussy cat.

It's a bastard to launch, if I could ride it the powwwwwa/mods should put it more in the 9.3-9.5 range in terms of time. Gearing is also a difficult judgement to make. It has monstrous torque from 3000 rpm, but only till 8500 rpm when it starts to run out of puff (still on bandit cams) so you want to gear it long to make use of it. However, if you gear it long it falls out of boost on launch and unless you are willing to goose it and chance the clutch grabbing and flinging you and it 300ft down the track upside down, you could be out accelerated by a little chef waitress.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 7 years, 79 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Pictures All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1