Bike Chat Forums Index -> Show & Tell Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic : View next topic  

Shaft
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:51 - 31 Jul 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

andyscooter wrote:

Seen another post saying he has been riding since 1979

So has to be at least 37

Something wrong with your maths there - I've been riding on the road since the day I was able, which 11/12/81.

I'm 50 now, which would make socket about 52/53, which he might be, but he has a mental age of 3
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

dabigginger
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 22:36 - 01 Aug 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wafer_Thin_Ham wrote:
I've seen a few around. They look good in some colours, and IMO look better with the black wheels. Yellow with black wheels looks great I think.

Yellow with black wheels is good, especially with the faded black stripes. Also, the dark metallic grey with either colour wheels looks great.

barclay03
Derestricted Danger

PostPosted: 19:42 - 02 Aug 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lovely cars! and you cant beat that noise lol mines has the old 5.0 pushrod engine with performance headers and straight through stainless Twisted Evil

sinedtomuch
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 09:31 - 15 Sep 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Socket wrote:
I had one back in 99. It was shit then and it's shit now.

There's some very clued up people on this forum, don't expect to spew bullshit and have it go unnoticed.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

fazer_kid86
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 09:43 - 15 Sep 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice Thumbs Up

I've always had a soft spot for these - and you've got the best colour as well.

.Bishbash.
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:12 - 15 Sep 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Considdering what section you posted this in, I am dissapointed on the lack of photos of this beauty. I speak for all of us when I say, we need more pics.

Stunning car pal, My cousin bought a yellow one(fastest colour I hear Razz ) and keep meaning to get a ride out of him as they are pure sex.

Is it true when you drive through town womens knickers just drop???

Dave_80
Renault 5 Driver

PostPosted: 00:23 - 23 Nov 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

A mate hired a convertible one when we were in America last year but it was only the Eco boost version,still a lovely car though.i went for a Camaro ss v8 and other mate had challenger v8.it was like top gear but with bigger knob heads.nice motor by the way!

mentalboy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 01:32 - 23 Nov 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

.Bishbash. wrote:

This is the ONLY reason to own a 21st Century Pony.
You might just as well be driving a Sherman tank. They are so heavy that they need a staggering amount of horses just to keep up with the average (US) family sedan in a traffic light Grand Prix.
My scabby old truck has the same engine as fitted to 5th gen Pony's, they'd stopped fitting them to the trucks for a few years, because they were a bag of shite, before sticking them in the Pony's - Ford fit them with crap and churn them out as cheap as they can get away with, they're about equal in build quality to an 80's Metro.

Looks nice though Thumbs Up

Shaft
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:33 - 23 Nov 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

mentalboy wrote:
.Bishbash. wrote:

This is the ONLY reason to own a 21st Century Pony.
You might just as well be driving a Sherman tank. They are so heavy that they need a staggering amount of horses just to keep up with the average (US) family sedan in a traffic light Grand Prix.
My scabby old truck has the same engine as fitted to 5th gen Pony's, they'd stopped fitting them to the trucks for a few years, because they were a bag of shite, before sticking them in the Pony's - Ford fit them with crap and churn them out as cheap as they can get away with, they're about equal in build quality to an 80's Metro.

Looks nice though Thumbs Up

But it's never been any different.

The problem with the Mustang (and most other Yank performance cars) is that they have never been premium products, but the early cars have become such icons, now everyone thinks they're looking at a Ferrari and then get disappointed when it doesn't stand close scrutiny (not that Ferraris are any better).

The thing is, the starting price for a V8 Mustang is about £26K in the States, which makes it damn good value, less so here, where they start from £31K.

And while they might not be the best built car on the planet, what's the survival rate, against the Metro? Wink

stevo as b4
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:18 - 23 Nov 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would still back in blighty, in a 1980's in your face/Essex wide boy way rather own the Metro though! Embarassed

I believe that yank cars only really work on their own football pitch, not across the pond on the wrong side of the too narrow road.

Add to that the fact that like Shaft said, American cars in the 80's and definitely the 90's were not that good at best, and sales and popularity were only made possible by being cheap, and also the import restrictions and emissions outlawing of many of the interesting Japanese and European cars.

You could always get an American built Honda/Accura/Toyota Legend/Accord/Camry with a soft tuned V6 and slush box, but you couldn't get a stripped out Integra type R with a 190bhp 1.8 and knife through butter 5speed manual.

Oh and back to on topic you could have a 5.0L tuned Mustang, and while not a fair or accurate comparison a clubman spec MG6R4 Metro would bury it performance wise.

I know what I'd like most, and add to that I have a sick perversion to want to own the fastest accelerating production MG of all time, which I'm not classing the Metro as, as it wasn't really a proper production car.

lilredmachine
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:44 - 11 Jan 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

In defense of the Mustang, it weighs about 1700kg so it's about 200kg heavier than a modern diesel Mondeo. Or roughly 80kgs lighter than a Nissan GTR.

Face it, cars have generally got fat all around. In fact, American cars have kind of stayed where they are whereas the rest of the world has bloated out to catch them up. Take the ultimate driving machine, the 2017 M3 is a scant 1600kg!

In a world where Mazda is applauded for launching an MX-5 the size of a tupperware box that weighs a frankly absurd 1060kg (seriously, it has 2 seats, four wheels and a steering wheel, where have they hidden the weight?) as a return to the lightweight sportscars of old, a gurt 440hp V8 coupe weighing 1700kg isn't half bad.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 7 years, 79 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Show & Tell All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2