BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Disgraceful

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Biker74
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 19:49 - 11 Jan 2017    Post subject: Disgraceful Reply with quote

Hi co-riders, I am with MCE third year. No problem at all, they quoted the price and I paid. Quick and easy. Easy up to now. I had a accident on my scooter, black ice in the morning, no one else involved.Thanks God. Bike is mainly cosmetically damaged, and my boots and helmet ready to bin, also my leathers was cut off by ambulance crew.
First contact with MCE I made 02.12.2016 to claim my leathers and helmet,but i was not sure about the bike condition, so I contact honda dealer, where i bought that bike and they checked the scooter with quote about £1300 costs of repair. I was back in touch with MCE, who said i can not claim leathers and helmet if I do not claim a bike too. Under that I agreed, but they said the scooter have to be checked under MCE aproved garage.
After few phone calls, how they doing with my claim, i was told the scooter will be written off, they have to just decided which category.Week after I made another contact with MCE, and I was told the bike will not be written off, is repairable.
As at the beginning I told them i do not want claim the scooter (voluntary access £950, yes my mistake,so not a worthy).
And what happened next they charged me £270 pound for keeping the bike in "their" garage and I was told I will get my bike back today or tomorrow. From the garage they contact me and asked me if I do repair under the claim. Surprised me again, so I made a call to MCE what is going on, and after on hold I was told, garage will contact me again,(up to now, not happen, they are closed now), and also MCE said I will get my scooter next week.
So make that clear: I was pushed to claim my scooter instead just my leathers and helmet.
On MCE request my scooter was moved to their approved garage then charge me for that £270 (my honda dealer charged me for check £22, and for pick off £25 even the dealer is few times faraway.)
I was told the scooter will be written off and then they change their decision.
Some off them was rude on the phone, not all, some.
I made a official complain to MCE, so they investigate by them self now. Also i asked for a copy of my reports, communications, will see.
I will be in touch and let you know, how this continue...
Have good time.

CaNsA
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:50 - 11 Jan 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paragraphs are great things.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:10 - 11 Jan 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Inb4 leathers on a scooter. Yeah you've kinda shot yourself in both feet there. I believe their helmet/leathers policy has an excess and isn't really worthwhile, MCE insurance policies often have a stupidly big excess (it's why they're cheaper).

Now they're going to have their fun raping you, and you'll end up with very little. You'll also be paying for this for the next 5 years you have to declare the accident for. Sorry but this has been an expensive lesson.

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 20:55 - 11 Jan 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is a new low though, even for MCE.

OP is down either £950 for the excess if he goes ahead with the claim; or £270 for collection / evaluation / storage at the garage that MCE told him he had to use, plus the lost costs of the leathers and lid claim.

It seems pretty clear that they're set up to gouge many-hundreds out of their customers one way or another. I'd wonder if these "approved" garages are in the habit of always estimating over £950 to the customer, but not necessarily billing MCE that much.

Good to see that OP has already started a complaint, presumably over the £270 bill and the leathers-and-lid. I hope he's read his contracts, but I'd note that any clearly unfair term shouldn't be enforceable anyway.

Best of luck.

B0ndy
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 21:42 - 11 Jan 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

MCE are great aslong as you plan on never making a claim Angelic

lilredmachine
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:09 - 11 Jan 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Am with MCE now, they are the cheapest. I cannot deny, had two claims with Ebike and they are the mutts nuts for it, relatively cheap and the online mid-term adjustment for free made it worthwhile for me. However as the mods stacked up on the bike it made it less and less worthwhile claiming.

These days I take the cheapest quote and am prepared to repair on my own...

grr666
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 00:58 - 12 Jan 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I get around this by buying second hand bargain kit. If it gets wrecked, it was only cheap to start with.
If I had an off, I'd be far more concerned about my bike than my kit. As long as I'm not too physically fucked up post
crash, then it did what I bought it for, to reduce/prevent some injuries. In the bin and start again.

Sun Wukong
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 05:55 - 12 Jan 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

People expect insurance to pay out?

Laughing

I'm with Grr and LilRed.

vanderbale
Borekit Bruiser

PostPosted: 16:37 - 12 Jan 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like a nightmare.

Biker74
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 12:00 - 13 Jan 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi co - riders,
just quickly.
Still missing logic: instead of receiving money - I paid.
Why the heck, they call that CLAIM Thumbs Down

Kaya75
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 12:30 - 13 Jan 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Insurance pay out? no third party? whats the excess for being raped by a flying pig then?

is all bollox - why I ride a 16 year bike third party - keeps me legal and keeps my arse intact.

on a side note - security is a rip off - I use a 2mt 19mm chain but having read on here about such things like being nicked from shops no chain no payout - I declare no security - it made no difference to any plan (obviously not third party only)

I couldn't get anything more then third party due to not living in a traditional house?! bike is in a compound behind two locked gates and a private security firm at home and at work - (no not HMP)

get the cheapest insurance plan, no excess shit and put a grand in the bank each year - 3 - 4 years shiny side up and you are quids in, unless garage queen. I do feel for people who want to actually own a nice new bike though. Insurance is a legal way to proper fuck you over. Bastards!

grr666
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:42 - 13 Jan 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kaya75 wrote:
I do feel for people who want to actually own a nice new bike though. Insurance is a legal way to proper fuck you over. Bastards!
I was worried about that too so I bought 3 years gap insurance when I bought my (brand new)
garage queen. 3 years was 280 quid I think. My full comp with pillion cover policy is about 120 smackers a year.

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 14:04 - 13 Jan 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogerborg wrote:

Good to see that OP has already started a complaint, presumably over the £270 bill and the leathers-and-lid.

MCE complaints department:
https://imgflip.com/s/meme/Laughing-Men-In-Suits.jpg

For what it's worth, it'll cost MCE if you put a complaint into the Ombudsman, regardless of whether they win or lose.
Working on the assumption the complaint with them doesn't get you anywhere, I'd go there regardless.

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 14:47 - 13 Jan 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

G wrote:
For what it's worth, it'll cost MCE if you put a complaint into the Ombudsman, regardless of whether they win or lose.

Didn't someone opine that they've got insurance to cover that?

Seems a bit meta, I might have dreamed it. Either way, do eeet.

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 14:51 - 13 Jan 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't see that, but they may well do; you'd presume that if their insurance pays out enough times, it's going to go up.... but they might have insurance for THAT too Thinking .

Biker74
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 20:06 - 13 Jan 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi co-riders,
next Monday I will, (I hope so), send a update about complaint results, just missed their call, when i slept before night shift.
Thank you for views and comments.

Biker74
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 10:03 - 14 Jan 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi co-riders,
can I cancel Insurance policy and find new one?
The reason is, I do not feel I am insured.
I paid in full and its fresh, 2 months old.
Thank you.

Wafer_Thin_Ham
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 10:17 - 14 Jan 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Biker74 wrote:
Hi co-riders,
Thank you.

Of course you can. I'm sure MCE would shaft you again so it would seem pretty silly. Talk to them and see what it's cost you.

Biker74
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 10:50 - 14 Jan 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wafer_Thin_Ham wrote:
Biker74 wrote:
Hi co-riders,
Thank you.

Of course you can. I'm sure MCE would shaft you again so it would seem pretty silly. Talk to them and see what it's cost you.

Thank you.

Biker74
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 17:56 - 15 Jan 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will I get my scooter tomorrow or they will still play a game? Question

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 10:01 - 16 Jan 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are they still trying to blackmail you into paying several hundred pounds before they give your scooter back?

Biker74
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 11:13 - 16 Jan 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi co-riders,
just 5 mins ego I spoke with receptionist from COPART DIRECT, where is my bike hold, and she said, can be delivered on Wednesday (the day I working).

Lets make that clear: The last Tuesday I paid £270 fee ( still do not know for what exactly), and first contact with garage Copart Direct, was made after. // The fee I paid thru MCE customer service. //
( they asked me if I want to do repair my bike under insurance claim. When I refused, they said, will call me back.....
The last Friday I finally got the garage details from MCE and I called to arrange the delivery of my bike. Copart receptionist said they have to verify first with MCE and will call me back.( You know what....they did not.)
Today after my blood pressure went down , I calmly said to receptionist I will come in for my bike by myself. She answer: there is 24 hours slot. I told her the 24 hours request I made the last Friday, but she opposed, there is not note left.( my fault?...)
On the end I requested my bike to be ready for my personal pick up tomorrow.
Let`s pray I have my bike back.

They want make you tired, but you know what? I giving chance to MCE to sort it out the complaint I made, how Financial Ombudsman advises, and then i will legally fight for justice. ( I have that luck for free legal services from union)

Thank you guys for listening. /reading Thumbs Up

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 11:30 - 16 Jan 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

The word you're going to want to use frequently is "unreasonable". I wish you the very best of luck.

Biker74
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 11:35 - 16 Jan 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogerborg wrote:
The word you're going to want to use frequently is "unreasonable". I wish you the very best of luck.

Exactly.
Thank you for wish, I need luck. Thumbs Up

Shinigami
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:41 - 16 Jan 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

getting sick of insurance companies being utter utter cunts

Sophs not having much fun either
Evil or Very Mad
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 7 years, 73 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2