Pothole Day

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat
View previous topic : View next topic  

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:39 - 13 Jan 2017    Post subject: Pothole Day Reply with quote

https://streetrepairs.co.uk/

We pay the Road Fund Duty to ride into or around the council's potholes?

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 12:51 - 13 Jan 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apropos.

MAG wrote:
The Motorcycle Action Group (MAG), the UK’s leading voice for riders’ rights, is encouraging everyone to support National Pothole Day on Monday 16th January. You can do this by reporting potholes via our new association with StreetRepairs.co.uk.

This is the third annual National Pothole Day campaign organised by StreetRepairs.co.uk. A staggering 89% of reports made by the public to the Street Repairs website relate to potholes. As riders we know the risks associated with potholes: it’s not just the damage to our bikes - it is the increased risk to our lives. If you can do one thing on Monday, please report that pothole you’ve been avoiding for ages at: click here

In recognition of National Pothole Day, Street Repairs has teamed up with MAG so that a reporting mechanism is linked from the MAG website - just click on the Street Repairs logo. Not only can you report the pothole issue, you also have the option to report any other road-related problem from missing manhole covers to street lighting, so stop moaning about it and do it now!

The combination of the increasing financial burden from pothole damage to riders, plus recent budget cuts to local authorities, means awareness of Street Repairs free service is more important than ever. The service offers a way for the authorities to engage with road-users to action any defects which are reported in real-time.

Mark Morrell (aka Mr Pothole), StreetRepairs.co.uk Press Officer said, ‘Many millions of our followers and supporters have asked us to highlight the seriousness of this major problem. Just take a look at our thunderclap campaign - that tells you the strength of feeling from the pothole-weary UK public. I use social media to produce mass awareness and continue to highlight this national issue. I can honestly say that the safety aspect alone from the Street Repairs website could save lives. No wonder public sentiment is very high in relation to this major issue.’

Selina Lavender, MAG National Chair, added ‘We are very pleased to partner up with streetrepairs.co.uk, which will benefit all riders. MAG has for years highlighted road issues; older members will recall our yellow postcard-based system. For modern times, an App that allows riders to report faults in real-time is the obvious way to go. We encourage members to share this link with all their family and friends whether they ride or not.’

At time of writing, the thunderclap campaign has reached 2,169,878 people; please sign up and share on your social media.

MAG invites riders, dealers, mechanics and manufacturers to join MAG and help create a united voice for the common good of the riding community.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:20 - 13 Jan 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got a road re-surfaced after uploading a video to FixMyStreet showing how bad it was. BTW whoever left the comment saying I ride like a retard* (the only other place I posted it was here) Middle Finger Very Happy

* I already know this

Andy_Pagin
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:59 - 13 Jan 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can I report the whole of Buckinghamshire since there's more potholes than tarmac?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Howling Terror
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:55 - 13 Jan 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've used Fixmystreet and received feedback from local councils.

Some of the things I asked to be fixed got done..like our smashed in street sign and a few potholes on route to the office..oh and the big circumferential void on a roundabout in town.
2 grids unblocked.Dance! <<<For our USA cousins that is irony right there in emoji form.

Probably were down to be done, but one must vent now n again.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Dave70
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:04 - 13 Jan 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm of the opinion that many of our roads are now beyond repair and are in need of total replacement. I'm sick and tired of riding around on half arsed uneven bodge jobber 'repairs' that often last a matter of weeks.

2012: R125 killed by white van. 2016 R125 killed by 30,000 miles of redline. Current: 2016 Kawasaki ER6f.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 7 years, 104 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1