BCF: Bike Chat Forums

hi

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> New Bikers
View previous topic : View next topic  

deeds33
Derestricted Danger

PostPosted: 20:51 - 16 Jan 2017    Post subject: hi Reply with quote

Hi all, im a fairly new biker - 34 - passed my test last summer after years and years of wanting to do it but people around me not being to keen!
I passed, and purchased a KTM RC390 - which I had for 10 weeks before it go stolen!! Sad
So on the hunt for a replacement for the summer - test rode a Triumph Street Triple at the weekend - wow, what a machine!
Anyway, thought I would say hello! Smile

SophR so good
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 21:52 - 16 Jan 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you replace your stolen bike with a striple, you will have had 2 stolen bikes 2 weeks later.

trevor saxe-coburg-gotha
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:52 - 16 Jan 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

eh up

Mobylette Type 50 ---> Raleigh Grifter ---> Neval Minsk 125

deeds33
Derestricted Danger

PostPosted: 22:05 - 16 Jan 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

SophR so good wrote:
If you replace your stolen bike with a striple, you will have had 2 stolen bikes 2 weeks later.

You saying its another poplar bike to nick? I was amazed they took at baby bike!! Sad

Barnoe
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 23:44 - 16 Jan 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

All depends on your security to be fair.

If you don't have any.....any bike will get stolen even an old rusty wreck!

We all learn by our mistakes, I'm sure deeds33 has already decided on more security this time.

ThatDippyTwat
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 07:59 - 17 Jan 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Striples are flavour of the month at the moment with the thieves. Get a very big, heavy chain (Pragmasis, Almax), and lock it (Squire 65 or 85, Rotalock) when you park up at work or on a ride etc. Don't worry about buying one, but make sure you lock it up, it'll see more attention than most bikes.

Any 'crossers or supermoto's are also popular.

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 10:38 - 17 Jan 2017    Post subject: Re: hi Reply with quote

deeds33 wrote:
Hi all, im a fairly new biker - 34 - passed my test last summer after years and years of wanting to do it but people around me not being to keen!

A familiar story. Good on you for saying nay to the naysayers and getting on with it - you won't regret it.

Well, unless you keep getting bikes nicked. And sorry, but yes, Striples are like crack to pikeys. Triumph were very late to add immobilisers and their popularity for pinching seems to have continued. Have a look on eBay for the number of examples being sold by salvage agent as stolen/recovered with theft damage.

Sadder news, if you'd have a bike nicked, the scrotes are very likely to come back to see what you've bought with the insurance money.

If you're going to get anything nice (or anything, really) you absolutely must secure it, preferably to a solid ground anchor, and ideally hide it away. If you're going to be leaving it out in the open, I might even consider a Bike Trac system, although they don't run cheap and it's not guaranteed to get your bike back.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 7 years, 94 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> New Bikers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1