Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Another dintdonuffink

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 12:28 - 08 Jan 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fizzoid wrote:
Family business?

Like the several generations of Pyjama People[*] that have moved in next door to a relative of mine. House covered in CCTV, vans dropping stuff off, and cars and scootays picking it up all hours.

Lovely folk mind, apart from the drug dealing, they put Christmas cards through all the doors.

[*] Shalwar Scrotes if you prefer.

arry
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:47 - 08 Jan 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I particularly liked this one:
https://www.examiner.co.uk/news/west-yorkshire-news/who-real-mohammed-yassar-yaqub-12412603

Quote:
His father Mohammed Yaqub, a well-respected businessman in Crosland Moor, was adamant that the fast cars were a by-product of his legitimate business interests and that his beloved son was merely a car enthusiast who had loved smart motors from a time before he could drive.

Legitimate businesses that generate turnover significant enough to be affording lambos? Dad's business is:
https://sbperformanceltd.co.uk/find_us.php
Top end performance cars. Yet the 'find us' page links you to an absolutely tragic grim northern residential street? Hasn't even got a landline number FFS.

Son's business (dissolved business, that is), is:
https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/06925750

Yes that's right, a mock claims and accident management company. A not at all suspect way of laundering money.

Yup, I can totally see how they've made fortunes out of dodgy car sales from backstreet housing slums and accident management businesses that fold after a few suspect years.

Righto.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

Jewlio Rides Again LLB
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:31 - 08 Jan 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 wrote:
Another Asian in a high performance car is injured in a high speed chase in Huddersfield. Smile

https://www.examiner.co.uk/news/west-yorkshire-news/driver-run-over-car-during-12415673

He had a hard life for a 25 year old.

A Toyota Yaris?
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 17:26 - 08 Jan 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jewlio Rides Again wrote:
mpd72 wrote:
a high performance car

A Toyota Yaris?

Whoosh. Razz

owl
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:49 - 08 Jan 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jinx?

Jewlio Rides Again LLB
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:20 - 08 Jan 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Going off the bikes in your signature, I can see why you would say a Yaris is high performance.

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 20:30 - 10 Jan 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.gofundme.com/justice-4-yasser

Only five people have donated.

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 09:41 - 11 Jan 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Black lives matter St Louis website has had some changes made.

https://blacklivesmatterstl.com/

Conzar
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:11 - 11 Jan 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

On the Just Giving page

"3 days ago
£5 - Hassan Izmetbegovic
He was such a good boy. Let me stay over when my boyfriend kicked me out, cuddled me through the night and then fed me bacon sarnies in the morning. Everyone from the Brighton scene will miss him! With love, Hassan from Bosnia."

Please tell me this was one of you Laughing
11:05:35 Rob Fzs: i just wanna own an rd350 valve before they send us to war with durkadurkastan

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:43 - 11 Jan 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Conzar wrote:
Please tell me this was one of you Laughing

Val? Thinking

Bosnia/Bulgaria same thing innit

Jmoan
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 17:21 - 18 Jan 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

The problem people here are making is assuming that this state hit incident is for their benefit rather than the possibility the deceased wasn't paying his tributes to the right people.

Monkeywrenche...
Nearly there...

PostPosted: 17:38 - 18 Jan 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jmoan wrote:
The problem people here are making is assuming that this state hit incident is for their benefit rather than the possibility the deceased wasn't paying his tributes to the right people.

Well then...I would be more upset if I found out he Wasn't shot because he did pay the right people.

Whether or not bent coppers can Kill drug dealers so brazenly is a side issue. He got shot because he was a known violent criminal with a history of firearm use, with a firearm in the car. Why they sent the bangbang police to check his glovebox is largely irrelevant.

janner_10
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:16 - 18 Jan 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jmoan wrote:

Who cares, he's dead.

thx1138
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:58 - 19 Jan 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've never understood criticism of police "shooting to kill"

I can understand scrutiny of police shooting someone, and accept that there will be criticism from some quarters regarding any incident when police shoot someone regardless of the circumstances, no matter what the facts, some criticism will come, it always does.

But, surely, if Police shoot someone, they are trying to kill them using lethal force, they are not trying to "hurt them a bit to make them stop".

In fact wouldn't one would worry about the competency of police marksman if they start shooting and missing all over the place?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Fizzoid
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:30 - 19 Jan 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

thx1138 wrote:
I've never understood criticism of police "shooting to kill"

I can understand scrutiny of police shooting someone, and accept that there will be criticism from some quarters regarding any incident when police shoot someone regardless of the circumstances, no matter what the facts, some criticism will come, it always does.

But, surely, if Police shoot someone, they are trying to kill them using lethal force, they are not trying to "hurt them a bit to make them stop".

In fact wouldn't one would worry about the competency of police marksman if they start shooting and missing all over the place?

Had this 'discussion' before with people. They seem to think real life is like the movies, and they can just shoot the gun out of someone's had or maybe just in the arm.

They're trained to put 3 rounds centre mass because it's the largest area to hit, and it's going to put them down. If that ends up fatal, so be it.

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 14:40 - 19 Jan 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the police are going to shoot someone then they've got choices of what firearm to use. They could zap you with a taser or shoot you with a baton round, both of which are less lethal than a handgun or rifle.

There must be so many factors to consider when making those decisions that we can only guess about.

But I would be quite happy to bet that if at all possible they'd much rather avoid however much of a mountain of paperwork they have to fill out if someone ends up deaded. Laughing

Aky208
Nova Slayer

PostPosted: 14:53 - 19 Jan 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

thx1138 wrote:

I've had a chat about this with before with my Missus' Cousin who is an SFO in the Met. They are taught to fire at centre mass to stop the threat, if that means taking life, so be it. But they are also taught extensive "negotiation tactics". Apparently that's why they are reluctant to take on ex forces in a firearms role (although not unheard of), too trigger happy I guess.

Aky208
Nova Slayer

PostPosted: 14:58 - 19 Jan 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ste wrote:
If the police are going to shoot someone then they've got choices of what firearm to use. They could zap you with a taser or shoot you with a baton round, both of which are less lethal than a handgun or rifle.

I imagine those decisions are made before confronting the threat in a breifing somewhere. As this peice of lowlife was a known weapons dealer, I guess they weren't taking any chances in this case.

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 15:07 - 19 Jan 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ste wrote:
They could zap you with a taser or shoot you with a baton round, both of which are less lethal than a handgun or rifle.

Especially when deployed against a car windscreen.

Ste wrote:
But I would be quite happy to bet that if at all possible they'd much rather avoid however much of a mountain of paperwork they have to fill out if someone ends up deaded. Laughing

The Reflex might be hard to resist though.

arry
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:27 - 27 Jan 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

This has got a Dindu written all over it for me:
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-leeds-38767596

Grandma's saying all the right things; lovely lad, would do anything for you, I told him not to get into trouble!
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 7 years, 84 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3