Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

2 Stroke Ludix snake bogging down.

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop
View previous topic : View next topic  

Shucky
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 20:02 - 18 Jan 2017    Post subject: 2 Stroke Ludix snake bogging down. Reply with quote

Hi All

I have purchased a 2004 Peugeot Ludix Snake 50cc moped as a none running project to go on a charity long distance challenge/adventure.
I have fitted a new cylinder, piston, crank bearings and oil seals, battery, plug, variator, exhaust, gaskets, air filter, and clutch.

I have stripped and cleaned the carb, and it starts and runs fine.
It accelerates nicely up to 30 mph, and then just bogs down and won't do more than 20mph.
If I back the throttle off, it will pick up again but gets bogged down and slows down to 20 again.

I've put bigger jets in, adjusted the needle height, changed the air filter to a KN type, changed the plug, but still no change.

Does anyone have any suggestions

Nope.
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:49 - 18 Jan 2017    Post subject: Re: 2 Stroke Ludix snake bogging down. Reply with quote

Shucky wrote:
Hi All
I've put bigger jets in, adjusted the needle height, changed the air filter to a KN type, changed the plug, but still no change.

Does anyone have any suggestions

Yeah, undo all that. You don't need a K&N airfilter, and unless you've fitted an after-market exhaust you don't need different jetting. Fit a standard air filter, standard exhaust and put the jetting back to standard. I'd also be checking the inlet manifold for cracks or splits in the rubber. You can test this by spraying easy start around the inlet whilst the engine is running and seeing if the revs pick up.

Since you've changed the plug and jetting, have you done some plug chops to make sure it's right?

Shucky
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 12:48 - 19 Jan 2017    Post subject: Ludix snake bogging down Reply with quote

Hi
I have run the bike with original air filter and jetting, the exhaust is an aftermarket micron type though. The exhaust was changed because the old one was full of holes, there are no holes in the inlet that has been replaced and sealed.

Can you tell me what you mean by chop the plug.

Do you think the exhaust change will make all that difference.

Regards

Nope.
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:47 - 19 Jan 2017    Post subject: Re: Ludix snake bogging down Reply with quote

Shucky wrote:

Do you think the exhaust change will make all that difference.

Yes.

Shucky wrote:

Can you tell me what you mean by chop the plug.

https://www.kawtriple.com/mraxl/carb/plugchop.htm

jaffa90
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 01:18 - 20 Jan 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would check the fuel flow and the carb float height.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 7 years, 95 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1