Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Got a pull this morning

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat
View previous topic : View next topic  

chris-red
Have you considered a TDM?

PostPosted: 11:54 - 04 Jan 2017    Post subject: Got a pull this morning Reply with quote

On my usual work run It hit the A13 and it is totally clear. Saw it as a reason to open it up didn't realise it was clear because the old bill had put a stop on behind me.

I was well into 3 figures when the limit dropped to 50, being conscious I rolled off to about 80. Then followed a bit of undertaking all at about 30mph above the prescribed limits. They followed me for about 10 minutes before they tugged me.

Sick Embarassed Proper cacked myself I had been pretty naughty did the usual copper things, listed all the things he could do me for. Said he rode a bike (not a fireblade). In the end he was very kind and did me for 63 in a 50. He seemed alright TBH I think I was lucky!

Praying

Last edited by chris-red on 12:03 - 04 Jan 2017; edited 1 time in total

binge
Emo Kiddy

PostPosted: 11:58 - 04 Jan 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad you got off lightly dude. I think passing the old 'attitude test' goes a long way with most coppers.
(Some just can not be helped though)

Reminds me of when I was on my way to Bristol with Dam_Buster from this forum, we were 2-up on my TLR1000.
Passed an unmarked 5-series in Whiltshire at about 150mph.
He eventually caught up (After we'd slowed off a bit) and pulled us over.

Gave it the usual spiel, then went on to admire my bike.

And then, did me for 99mph (SP70), 3 pts and a £60 fine at the time.

Could have sucked the guy off there and then. I've seen people take a jail sentence for less.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

owl
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:00 - 04 Jan 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

got a pull and a tug myself this morning, mine also had a happy ending... Laughing

Bonnie Lad
Nitrous Nuisance

PostPosted: 12:01 - 04 Jan 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've had a lucky escape with a friendly copper too

130 in the company car, down the M69 late for a meeting. Fella pulls me over in an unmarked Skoda, mild bollocking follows and asked how I feel about 96 mph and 3 points.

Felt fucking good about it tbh
Beehive Bedlam This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

chris-red

PostPosted: 12:07 - 04 Jan 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

binge wrote:
Glad you got off lightly dude. I think passing the old 'attitude test' goes a long way with most coppers.
(Some just can not be helped though)

Reminds me of when I was on my way to Bristol with Dam_Buster from this forum, we were 2-up on my TLR1000.
Passed an unmarked 5-series in Whiltshire at about 150mph.
He eventually caught up (After we'd slowed off a bit) and pulled us over.

Gave it the usual spiel, then went on to admire my bike.

And then, did me for 99mph (SP70), 3 pts and a £60 fine at the time.

Could have sucked the guy off there and then. I've seen people take a jail sentence for less.

It's total luck, I got pulled once and given 3 points buy some humourless arseholes that did me for 55 in a 50 because I accelerated too fast from a traffic light. Rolling Eyes

chris-red

PostPosted: 12:38 - 04 Jan 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

A question though. I didn't get any paperwork, is the NIP verbal now? Is there a time limit for anything?

He said I might get a course might get 3 points but they are backed up at the processing place.

tom_e
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 12:48 - 04 Jan 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't know about the paperwork but he's very nicely stuck you in just below the top end for a 50mph speed awareness course which is 64mph.

So a good result all round.

chris-red

PostPosted: 12:51 - 04 Jan 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

tom_e wrote:
Don't know about the paperwork but he's very nicely stuck you in just below the top end for a 50mph speed awareness course which is 64mph.

So a good result all round.

yeah he was showing me the chart. Every limit I broke I was in ban territory Shocked

ADSrox0r
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:59 - 04 Jan 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aloysius Parker wrote:
How did you not clock an unmarked car following you for ten minutes?

Us mere mortals haven't done spy/bodyguard training like you.

Kris
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:10 - 04 Jan 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like a decent result. Thumbs Up

Anywhere in to triple digits I'm checking the mirror more often than a Geordie Shore Z-lister... Razz

duhawkz
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:21 - 04 Jan 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aloysius Parker wrote:
How did you not clock an unmarked car following you for ten minutes?

How did you not send off your pass certificate and end up having to redo your test

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 13:24 - 04 Jan 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

chris-red wrote:
is the NIP verbal now?

It always has been. The postal notification only applies if you weren't tugged by the fuzz at the scene.

I guess that rozzer got some from his wife / girlfriend / boyfriend last night then. Thumbs Up

chris-red

PostPosted: 13:43 - 04 Jan 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogerborg wrote:
chris-red wrote:
is the NIP verbal now?

It always has been. The postal notification only applies if you weren't tugged by the fuzz at the scene.

I guess that rozzer got some from his wife / girlfriend / boyfriend last night then. Thumbs Up

He told me he retires soon and doesn't really care anymore Laughing

Kris
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:44 - 04 Jan 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

What car was it anyway?

chris-red

PostPosted: 13:56 - 04 Jan 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

530d

BTTD
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:59 - 04 Jan 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Poor obs Wink

It doesn't sound like something I wouldn't do in the same circumstances, although I would hope that I'd notice the same car behind me / keeping pace. I learnt that lesson several years ago after being pulled doing 105. Doh! I now pull in and let suspicious cars pass me.

Congrats on the light raping though. Thumbs Up

c_dug
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:52 - 04 Jan 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

You may have been saved by the fact that you didn't notice him to start with, if he followed you a fair way then I'd imagine the attitude test probably started with how you were riding. Fast and undertaking aren't the same as unobservant and dangerous.

The alternative is that you noticed him within half a mile, he tugs you, but only has your three figure speed to go on.

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 15:17 - 04 Jan 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is a little gear-grindy that some unlucky sod who actually did 63 in a 50 could be given the exact same penalty by a different Dibble.

Need moar Dredd. Whistle

P.
Red Rocket

PostPosted: 16:38 - 04 Jan 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought I was very lucky at 128 in a 70 and 107 in a 70.... you were VERY lucky Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

goto10
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:47 - 04 Jan 2017    Post subject: Re: Got a pull this morning Reply with quote

chris-red wrote:
On my usual work run It hit the A13 and it is totally clear. Saw it as a reason to open it up didn't realise it was clear because the old bill had put a stop on behind me.

I was well into 3 figures when the limit dropped to 50, being conscious I rolled off to about 80. Then followed a bit of undertaking all at about 30mph above the prescribed limits. They followed me for about 10 minutes before they tugged me.

Sick Embarassed Proper cacked myself I had been pretty naughty did the usual copper things, listed all the things he could do me for. Said he rode a bike (not a fireblade). In the end he was very kind and did me for 63 in a 50. He seemed alright TBH I think I was lucky!

Praying

I'm impressed the car managed to stick with you [on the A13] for ten minutes without needing blue lights.
That said - it _was_ pretty quiet on the A13 this morning. What time did this happen?
Beehive Bedlam This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

chris-red

PostPosted: 17:40 - 04 Jan 2017    Post subject: Re: Got a pull this morning Reply with quote

goto10 wrote:
chris-red wrote:

Praying

I'm impressed the car managed to stick with you [on the A13] for ten minutes without needing blue lights.
That said - it _was_ pretty quiet on the A13 this morning. What time did this happen?

This was about 9:45, he said he had shut the road off, I assume for a while so it was pretty dead, I came on and booted it just in front of him.

chris-red

PostPosted: 12:55 - 15 Feb 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not heard anything yet Shifty

ScaredyCat
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:04 - 15 Feb 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

chris-red wrote:
Not heard anything yet Shifty

Verbal NIP at the scene, no 14 days get out. They have 6 months to lay before court. He might have lied about the 63 in a 50 bit...

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/188253/_bcf/mowa/tf.jpg
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 7 years, 70 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1