Thinking of a Honda CBR300R wait before parting with cash

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
View previous topic : View next topic  

Mark65
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:59 - 17 Feb 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paddy. wrote:
Must ask. Why not get the slow 650 rather than the equally as "wheezy as the 300" 500cc? Surely you'd see more excitement and progression on that, than the old new modern ancient 500?

Paddy,
The 650 is £2000 more, double the power @11k but only a 3rd more torque i believe, 500 has max torque @7k, the bike is used for work and running around and small trips so i offset what the savings are in fuel compared to my car so the bike usually pays for itself after 2 years (1k a year) and becomes an asset. Plus Im not overly keen on screaming engines. I was getting 90mpg on the 300 and this is capable of high 70`s to low 80`s in mpg
If i had a company car and fuel card then my choice would be a lot different because then it would be a toy for weekends and nice days, in that case I would like a XJR1300 Twisted Evil .
Same with my car, bought a 54 plate at 3 years old with 3.5k on it, so it will be 13 years old this summer and now has 78k on it, a few knocks and dents but mechanically solid. If it does what i need I see no reason in changing for the sake of it, i let the Joneses get on with it.
If the 300 had not melted i would prolly have kept it and got a used 600 through the summer.
Anyway quite liked the yellow.

P.
Red Rocket

PostPosted: 15:44 - 17 Feb 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gotcha Thumbs Up I'm sure you could have scored some of the cash off but yeah, if it's a suitable bike in your eyes then fine. I'd rather have it and not use it than need and not have but ymmv
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 7 years, 41 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3