Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Film review thread

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 107, 108, 109 ... 192, 193, 194  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Lord Percy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:51 - 17 Feb 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Revenant - 5/10

Brother stuck it on so I thought I'd give the film another shot. Maybe I was missing something last time.

Nope, it's still the most unrealistic, cardboard acting, piss-poor, clueless, disconnected attempt at making a believable movie about wilderness survival I've ever seen. Given the amount of praise it got from Hollywood, the only thing this film does is act as a signpost for showing how many people must have absolutely zero idea about what life is like in the outdoors.

Aside from the things he wouldn't have lived through anyway, there are countless 'instinct errors' where the character does something that no man would do in his position. From the moment he wades knee deep into winter river water to complete the simple task of filling a water canister, the film descends into absurdity.

An over-sensational mockery of a survival movie.
Poundshop Dave This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

Tracey Suntan-King
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:20 - 17 Feb 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Knight & Day 1/10

Yes I know it's ancient (2010) but we watched it last night only because I'd read that Smart Roadsters make an appearance. They do, 3 of 'em in a car chase right at the end, through the streets of Seville.

To be honest it's a jolly romp and action movie with all the usual shootin/punchin/jumpin/shirt-off/toothy grins from Tom Cruise. Even some Ducati monster action!

I would give it a 9/10 but for the fact that the Roadsters all get wrecked on account of being driven by the baddies and being shot at by Cameron Diaz sitting backwards on the tank of the Monster.

Sacrilege I tells ya!

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 22:38 - 17 Feb 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interstellar √-7 / 10

An hour of moping around, an hour of reasonable silent-space travel, an hour of weeping metaphysical deus ex wormhole mong-magic.

If me could communicate with me's past self, me would tell me to do me a favour and skip it.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:46 - 17 Feb 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tracey Suntan-King wrote:
Knight & Day 1/10

Yes I know it's ancient (2010) but we watched it last night only because I'd read that Smart Roadsters make an appearance. They do, 3 of 'em in a car chase right at the end, through the streets of Seville.

To be honest it's a jolly romp and action movie with all the usual shootin/punchin/jumpin/shirt-off/toothy grins from Tom Cruise. Even some Ducati monster action!

I would give it a 9/10 but for the fact that the Roadsters all get wrecked on account of being driven by the baddies and being shot at by Cameron Diaz sitting backwards on the tank of the Monster.

Sacrilege I tells ya!

I barely remember the film but I remember it was a hypermotard (apparently not for the jump - they used a modified dirt bike to save Tom's spine)?

pinkyfloyd
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 00:40 - 18 Feb 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Passengers - 9/10

I loved it. At some points I was gripping onto the seat all white knuckled.... at some point.... Embarassed
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:33 - 19 Feb 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a yen to watch Midnight Cowboy tonight, which got me wondering what peoples favorite miserable movies are?

Lord Percy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:18 - 19 Feb 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogerborg wrote:
Interstellar √-7 / 10

An hour of moping around, an hour of reasonable silent-space travel, an hour of weeping metaphysical deus ex wormhole mong-magic.

If me could communicate with me's past self, me would tell me to do me a favour and skip it.

I thought it was good and realistic... up to the point where love became a law of physics.

CaNsA
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:54 - 19 Feb 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Assassin's Creed - 8/10

Really enjoyed it, as did the missus and she hates everything about computer games.

Did not expect it to be that good, but we found ourselves getting really drawn into it.

Would watch again.

Dave....
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 22:56 - 19 Feb 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ribenapigeon wrote:
I have a yen to watch Midnight Cowboy tonight, which got me wondering what peoples favorite miserable movies are?

Surprisingly one of my favourites is Das Boot, best watched with subtitles.
Three hours long but really got into it.
9/10

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 09:16 - 20 Feb 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lord Percy wrote:
I thought [Intersteller] was good and realistic... up to the point where love became a law of physics.

Spacecraft takes off from earth in a 3 stage rocket on a huge pillar of flame.

...later...

Spacecraft takes off from 1.3G planet using Magical Space Engines.

Humanity has the technology to build totally sealed biospheres (biocylinders) in deep space, but apparently can't do so on earth.

The correct gender ratio for starting a space colony is 3 penises to one 32 year old womb.

Frozen clouds? Frozen clouds?

Far too much suspension of belief - and basic common sense - required.

andym
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:34 - 20 Feb 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

CaNsA wrote:
Assassin's Creed - 8/10

Really enjoyed it, as did the missus and she hates everything about computer games.

Did not expect it to be that good, but we found ourselves getting really drawn into it.

Would watch again.

I tried to watch it last night, but Kodi only had one with foreign subtitles.

If they are going to make computer adaptations, why can't they follow them? I don't know if they changed the Animus after Black Flag, but I remember it being a bed that the character lay on rather than (from the few minutes I seen), something that appears to throw the character around the room.... but I guess that would make sense later in the movie
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

CaNsA
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 09:50 - 20 Feb 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

andym wrote:
CaNsA wrote:
Assassin's Creed - 8/10

Would watch again.

I tried to watch it last night, but Kodi only had one with foreign subtitles.

If they are going to make computer adaptations, why can't they follow them? I don't know if they changed the Animus after Black Flag, but I remember it being a bed that the character lay on rather than (from the few minutes I seen), something that appears to throw the character around the room.... but I guess that would make sense later in the movie

https://www.opensubtitles.org/en/subtitles/6891922/assassin-s-creed-en

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:06 - 20 Feb 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dave.... wrote:

Surprisingly one of my favourites is Das Boot, best watched with subtitles.
Three hours long but really got into it.
9/10

Oh yes 😊 Das Boot a grim journey indeed.

I ended up watching Brian De Palmas Dressed to Kill. Kind of cheesey but well shot and scripted plus Nancy Allen in her knickers Laughing
Poundshop Dave This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

Lord Percy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:05 - 20 Feb 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogerborg wrote:
Lord Percy wrote:
I thought [Intersteller] was good and realistic... up to the point where love became a law of physics.

Spacecraft takes off from earth in a 3 stage rocket on a huge pillar of flame.

...later...

Spacecraft takes off from 1.3G planet using Magical Space Engines.

Humanity has the technology to build totally sealed biospheres (biocylinders) in deep space, but apparently can't do so on earth.

The correct gender ratio for starting a space colony is 3 penises to one 32 year old womb.

Frozen clouds? Frozen clouds?

Far too much suspension of belief - and basic common sense - required.

Heh, fair point. I guess I'm a belief suspender. I tend to only pick up on the little things that are directly on scene, or when an absurd script is used. Clearly not enough quantum matter entanglement in the spacetime loop.

Jayy
Mr. Ponzi

PostPosted: 19:42 - 20 Feb 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interstellar was fucking superb. Better made than 95% of the trash that comes out year on year and continues to do so.

I'm not a theoretical physicist (don't you know?) so I don't really care about the science behind it being real or not, I've never seen space nor will I.

People seemingly can't get their head past book shelves... well why not?

Hetzer
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:50 - 21 Feb 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man Down 8/10.

45 minutes in you're starting to think about ditching it, what the fuck was Shia thinking of doing a plot like this, then another 20 minutes and the plot-hammer drops. Yeah, didn't see that one coming. Shocked

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:57 - 21 Feb 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jayy wrote:
Interstellar was fucking superb. Better made than 95% of the trash that comes out year on year and continues to do so.

I'm not a theoretical physicist (don't you know?) so I don't really care about the science behind it being real or not, I've never seen space nor will I.

I agree, its not a bloody documentary its a movie.

Jayy
Mr. Ponzi

PostPosted: 00:00 - 22 Feb 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ribenapigeon wrote:
Jayy wrote:

I agree, its not a bloody documentary its a movie.

The irony is... they had Kip Thorne who IS a theoretical physicist, doing all the sciencey stuff on the film. It's probably more correct than most space films have ever been.

pinkyfloyd
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 01:02 - 22 Feb 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ribenapigeon wrote:
Jayy wrote:

I agree, its utter shite

I fixed that for you.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 01:06 - 22 Feb 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't notice any of the science stuff, I disliked getting lured in expecting a good sci-fi film, which turned into some soppy bollocks about a parent and their kid (like Arrival). Looper is a good example of how you can have that theme without wrecking the whole movie.

Poecilotheria
Nova Slayer

PostPosted: 00:56 - 23 Feb 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I watch so many movies, own 5000 ish but starting to go digital anyone else doing that?.

Of all the latest I have watched
Deadpool 10/10 huge DP fan so..
Suicide squad 6/10 not that great Joker not really in it and with all the hype about joker before release. Movie held together with basically will smith parts.
Star trek Beyond 4/10 love trek and the new film series but not this one, did not feel so much trekkie IMO
John wick 2 10/10 easily, as good as the 1st and did not disappoint.
Resident evil final chapter 7/10 love resident evil but felt a little off the mark.
Hitman agent 47 (2nd one) 3/10 yawned through it.
Central intelligence 2/10 boring with a capital B
Ride along 2 2/10 boring far from the 1st one.

and many more, movies are getting so rubbish I want to see XXX return of xander but know it will be a let down.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 01:00 - 23 Feb 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Poecilotheria wrote:
I watch so many movies, own 5000 ish but starting to go digital anyone else doing that?

I've a friend who's a film buff and he's going digital. Personally I rarely watch a film more than once so streaming's preferable.

Going
Nearly there...

PostPosted: 05:04 - 23 Feb 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Poecilotheria wrote:
I watch so many movies, own 5000 ish but starting to go digital anyone else doing that?.

Went digital as soon as I got the internet, now I don't have to worry where all my DVDs are.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 7 years, 61 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 107, 108, 109 ... 192, 193, 194  Next
Page 108 of 194