Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

210 malossi bore kit... worth it?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat
View previous topic : View next topic  
marky sharky This post is not being displayed because it has a low rating (Off Topic). Unhide this post / all posts.
Beehive Bedlam This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

marky sharky
Derestricted Danger

PostPosted: 21:26 - 20 Feb 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fazer. wrote:
I assume you have a full license then?

I do indeed, I would not disrespect the global biking community riding around with voided insurance....

I'm 32 now, my irresponsible days are over Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

andyscooter
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:02 - 20 Feb 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

No its not

Mallossi are shit

Respected scooter owners won't touch them
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

marky sharky
Derestricted Danger

PostPosted: 22:05 - 20 Feb 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

andyscooter wrote:
No its not

Mallossi are shit

Is that due to destroying the reliability or the whole 'stereotypical yob' a highly tuned scoot can often portray?

Also are any bore kits worth while if you uprate everything else nessesary too??

mattyfattyboo...
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 22:46 - 20 Feb 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nothing to add other than big up the full licence holding scooter rider, from a BV350 rider Very Happy

marky sharky
Derestricted Danger

PostPosted: 22:56 - 20 Feb 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

mattyfattyboomboom wrote:
Nothing to add other than big up the full licence holding scooter rider, from a BV350 rider Very Happy

Haha thanks pal, I now have to do so much riding in London, that most of the time a fast scoot is quicker than a big bike, plus as I'm sure you know, busy traffic filled cities are bike bike killers!

used to ride an rs250 round town which beat many an r6, just like the twist and go convenience of a scoot + the scoot can take more of a pounding over all the perfect tarmac surfaces the mayor of London has blessed us with! Hahahaha! Not! its either a duke or a scoot for me round town, the RSV mille is reserved for motoway and b road blasting.... Very Happy

wristjob
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:25 - 20 Feb 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

the start of your post says its running how you want.
why mess ?
just enjoy having a nippy scoot in town.
if/when it dies ,then look into best options.

Pjay
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:27 - 20 Feb 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fazer. wrote:
I assume you have a full license then?

Is that like a Licence?

Edit:
Oh, what the f**k would you know about licences anyhow?

marky sharky
Derestricted Danger

PostPosted: 23:36 - 20 Feb 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

wristjob wrote:
the start of your post says its running how you want.
why mess ?
just enjoy having a nippy scoot in town.
if/when it dies ,then look into best options.

you have a very good point, the voice of reason! just I like to get the absolute out of everything... Very Happy nippy is great fun, but genuinely quick is better, Its a toy to me, and you can feel that the standard suspension and brakes on the runner st will more than cope with more power.....
Beehive Bedlam This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

Pjay
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:51 - 20 Feb 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fazer. wrote:

More than most I've gone A1 > A2 > A.

About 12 times too.

andyscooter
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 08:57 - 21 Feb 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

marky sharky wrote:
andyscooter wrote:
No its not

Mallossi are shit

Is that due to destroying the reliability or the whole 'stereotypical yob' a highly tuned scoot can often portray?

Also are any bore kits worth while if you uprate everything else nessesary too??

just the fact malossi became a name for expensive cheap tat
and tried to convince people their belts were better as they had Kevlar in them (at the time so did all belts) and were proved to be a worse quality then oe and they were nearly twice the price)

to be honest you wouldn't really notice the extra 10cc the kit would give you anyway

World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:40 - 21 Feb 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fair play to you OP!
As pointed above I'm not sure the minor cc increase would be worth it my view - it'd depend on the cost of it. I put a 150 big bore kit (and other carb and gearing mods) on my Chinese 125, which made a big difference, but the bbk was less that £50....

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 09:41 - 21 Feb 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

marky sharky wrote:
I would not disrespect the global biking community

Pics of scootay with a tin of custard on it, please.

stevo as b4
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:33 - 21 Feb 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another vote for leave it well alone if it's running so well as you say already.

Im amazed if your getting even an indicated 85mph out of a 200cc though? I thought the 300/350cc Vespa's only did around 85 mph genuine?

The other thing is that there doesn't seem to be much if any tuning parts for 200cc four stroke engines in scooters, as they are often bored or stroked 125cc based designs, so have little potential left for increasing capacity or power.

If you wanted to tune a scooter with a big bore kit etc, it might be better to upgrade to a 250cc machine, as they often have more tuning options than 200cc models.

I do get where your coming from with wanting to tune your machine just to see what it could do, especially if budget and daily dependability are not really an issue. I still regret spending over £600 on getting 14mph and 3.8bhp more out of a Peugeot 100cc scooter years ago. Mainly because apart from it being a tad unreliable after, I couldn't get the ideal parts for it, and I was disappointed with it after tuning as the gains didn't justify the expense.

Only tune a bike either for racing, or if your already very happy with the performance as std.

AshWebster
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 17:04 - 23 Feb 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

why an over 30's male would choose to 'tune' a scooter is beyond me.

stevo as b4
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:24 - 23 Feb 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do get your point, but someone might choose to tune a scooter or small capacity bike for lots of reasons. Two of which could be:

1, They might not be able to afford the parts to tune a GSXR1000?

2, Percentage wise you can sometimes make massive gains with big bore kits and tuning parts, that you'd never be able to do on a GSXR1000 because either it's too expensive, or because there isn't much extra potential and performance left to extract from an almost WSB spec engine. A lowly tuned commuter or all rounder engine might have much more that could be improved or changed to increase performance.

The Yamaha R125 makes around 12.5bhp r/w std for example. A 180cc big bore kit, with cam, ported head, piggyback ECU, exhaust, big bore throttle body etc etc could increase that to say 18-19bhp. You thus might see 40-50% increase in power.

Try getting 40-50% more power out of a GSXR1000 engine, it ain't ever happening with Nasp tuning.

andyscooter
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:49 - 23 Feb 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

AshWebster wrote:
why an over 30's male would choose to 'tune' a scooter is beyond me.

Same reason they would tune anything

Because they can

Also 20000 people who do isle of wight scooter rally can't all be wrong

Scooters have a massive dollowing
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 7 years, 63 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1