BCF: Bike Chat Forums

CF650MT

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Biking News & Rumours Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
View previous topic : View next topic  

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 21:12 - 04 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I got my dodgy shoulders sorted, should hopefully have the 690 back going this year, so maybe swapping for a ride could be in order...
Maybe the MT does have some bit of magic that other heavy low power bikes don't Smile.

CrusaderPhil; What aspects are better than the other two bikes you mention?

CrusaderPhil
Renault 5 Driver

PostPosted: 21:37 - 04 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

G wrote:
If I got my dodgy shoulders sorted, should hopefully have the 690 back going this year, so maybe swapping for a ride could be in order...
Maybe the MT does have some bit of magic that other heavy low power bikes don't Smile.

CrusaderPhil; What aspects are better than the other two bikes you mention?

The fairing on the TR is second to none, it keeps the wind and the rain off, until you stop, it is quick for a 650 and feels it, yet it is comfortable but the TR-G is better still

The Honda even though a 750 is not as quick, it is very light, gets blown about a bit in the wind, very docile and boring, might be better as an Off road trail bike, it is an ideal big bike for a youngster to graduate to after qualifying.

The Triumph Sprint GT is very good, although it does not feel like 1050cc machine, and it is not as comfortable as the TR, it also does a lot less to the gallon, it is nearly 3 times the price but does not Justify it, the bars a far to low for a touring bike, it puts a lot of pressure on the shoulders.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:34 - 04 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

CrusaderPhil wrote:
This Topic is about the WK/CF 650-MT, not Yamaha MT-03, start your own topic

Why the fuck am I getting blamed for this? I didn't send this topic off on a tangent or bring up my bike, it's a consequence of having it listed in your signature (I'll fix this).

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 22:47 - 04 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm guessing you haven't ridden any of the big tourers, with massive fairings. Nor I would guess that big a range of other bikes.

The Honda NC750 is not light weight - it's heavier than bikes with 4x the power that have much better spec kit. Off road bikes with that sort of power can weigh half as much.

Your bike is slower than my 98 SV650 with the later cams and exhaust system was (over 72hp at the rear wheel.)
Also a good bit slower than something like the current CBF650.
So not really 'fast for a 650' I'm afraid.

When you say the Sprint 'does not feel like a 1050cc'... as in it feels big, heavy and slow compared to most 1000cc bikes? Not sure if you're saying it's power/weight/size is good or bad.

Nice that you're enjoy this bike.
If you get the chance, worth trying out others to see how they compare.

Oh and finally; 5 happy owners is a nice anecdote - the people who weren't happy with their bike, had to return it due to faults or whatever probably weren't there Smile.

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 22:54 - 04 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

CrusaderPhil wrote:
it is quick for a 650

See, this is exactly the kind of comment that leads people to believe that CFMOTO owners are suffering from a Chinese form of Stockholm Syndrome. Beijing[*] Syndrome?

Is it faster than an SV650, or a V-Strom, a Versys, an ER6F, or an MT-07? Tested how, by how much, and under what circumstances?

It's your statement, nobody forced you to make it. Can you back it up?

[*] I note that CFMOTO are very coy about even admitting who they are or where they are based. Not the most confidence-inspiring About Us page I've ever read.

CrusaderPhil
Renault 5 Driver

PostPosted: 23:01 - 04 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

G wrote:
I'm guessing you haven't ridden any of the big tourers, with massive fairings. Nor I would guess that big a range of other bikes.

The Honda NC750 is not light weight - it's heavier than bikes with 4x the power that have much better spec kit. Off road bikes with that sort of power can weigh half as much.

Your bike is slower than my 98 SV650 with the later cams and exhaust system was (over 72hp at the rear wheel.)
Also a good bit slower than something like the current CBF650.
So not really 'fast for a 650' I'm afraid.

When you say the Sprint 'does not feel like a 1050cc'... as in it feels big, heavy and slow compared to most 1000cc bikes? Not sure if you're saying it's power/weight/size is good or bad.

Nice that you're enjoy this bike.
If you get the chance, worth trying out others to see how they compare.

Oh and finally; 5 happy owners is a nice anecdote - the people who weren't happy with their bike, had to return it due to faults or whatever probably weren't there Smile.

The TR is 70BhP as supplied with any mods being done to it, it is possible to Tune them, I think you get 103bhp

Not having ridden any other Big bikes other than the Sprint I cannot say what they are supposed to feel like, all I can say is that it felt like a sluggish old plodder.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

CrusaderPhil
Renault 5 Driver

PostPosted: 23:03 - 04 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogerborg wrote:
CrusaderPhil wrote:
it is quick for a 650

See, this is exactly the kind of comment that leads people to believe that CFMOTO owners are suffering from a Chinese form of Stockholm Syndrome. Beijing[*] Syndrome?

Is it faster than an SV650, or a V-Strom, a Versys, an ER6F, or an MT-07? Tested how, by how much, and under what circumstances?

[*] I note that CFMOTO are very coy about even admitting who they are or where they are based. Not the most confidence-inspiring About Us page I've ever read.

CFMOTO are 50% owned by KTM

CrusaderPhil
Renault 5 Driver

PostPosted: 23:06 - 04 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogerborg wrote:
CrusaderPhil wrote:
it is quick for a 650

With a racing Fairing they came 4th in the TT last year, but for a failed restart at pit stop could have been second

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:08 - 04 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

CrusaderPhil wrote:

So are Wuyang (50% owned by a big manufacturer (Honda)), but they still make shit bikes.

stevo as b4
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:23 - 04 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm out of this thread.
A Chinq 650 that just maybe an ok bike and have 70bhp is a quick bike for its size, but on page one we established the Japanese nicely built ER6 was a hateful, boring, shit bike to all of mankind! Wtf?

G, I think it's best to leave MC is his MT03 shaped bubble. Its a good looking and slightly funky different bike with good brakes, and that's about all I can say about them. The engine is a solid unit but not KTM perky for its size. In fact compared to an XT600 it's pretty pathetic actually.

If he has found a bike thats fun then all well and good, I am happy as we all need something to love. But I can't help think if I was head over heals with the Yamaha 660 engine, I'd have a better ride on an XT660X or even an SZR if I could fit on one?

CrusaderPhil
Renault 5 Driver

PostPosted: 23:33 - 04 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

stevo as b4 wrote:
I'm out of this thread.
A Chinq 650 that just maybe an ok bike and have 70bhp is a quick bike for its size, but on page one we established the Japanese nicely built ER6 was a hateful, boring, shit bike to all of mankind! Wtf?

G, I think it's best to leave MC is his MT03 shaped bubble. Its a good looking and slightly funky different bike with good brakes, and that's about all I can say about them. The engine is a solid unit but not KTM perky for its size. In fact compared to an XT600 it's pretty pathetic actually.

If he has found a bike thats fun then all well and good, I am happy as we all need something to love. But I can't help think if I was head over heals with the Yamaha 660 engine, I'd have a better ride on an XT660X or even an SZR if I could fit on one?

When I had a test ride on an actual ER6 it scared the shit out me, that was before I had the TR.

CrusaderPhil
Renault 5 Driver

PostPosted: 23:37 - 04 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

M.C wrote:
CrusaderPhil wrote:

So are Wuyang (50% owned by a big manufacturer (Honda)), but they still make shit bikes.

I can not comment on that make, the only other bikes I can compare it to are the Sprint and the NC750.

The build quality of the Sprint is good, the build quality of the NC 750 is shite, rust all over the place, decals coming off, paint pealing, rear wheel bearing shot at 9000

As for BMW RT's they seem to blowing gearboxes like they have gone out of fashion

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 00:09 - 05 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

CrusaderPhil wrote:

Source for that is?

CrusaderPhil wrote:
With a racing Fairing [WK/CFMOTO] came 4th in the TT last year, but for a failed restart at pit stop could have been second

If you think that there are any CFMOTO components left on that bike rather than custom parts intended for an ER6, then can I interest you in purchasing this fine bridge?

Also:
CrusaderPhil wrote:
it is quick for a 650

Your credibility is entirely based on the things that you choose to say, and whether you can back them up or not.

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 00:59 - 05 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

103hp isn't going to be a reliable state of tune - that'll be a race spec with regular rebuilds etc.

With the claimed power of 70hp, that puts it at the same place as the original 1998 SV650's claimed power of 70-72hp which also weighs a chunk less.

The Sprint needs to have it's neck wrung and it will get a decent clip on - unfortunately the engine character tends to lead you to shift up early and not make full use of it.
Similarly, while you've got it manhandle it a bit, it can be leant decently.
However, certainly no where near wringing the neck of a modern superbike.

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 01:00 - 05 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

CrusaderPhil wrote:

The TR is 70BhP as supplied with any mods being done to it, it is possible to Tune them, I think you get 103bhp

Not having ridden any other Big bikes other than the Sprint I cannot say what they are supposed to feel like, all I can say is that it felt like a sluggish old plodder.

The sprint is 123 bhp and you are saying its slower than the TR? Laughing

My Trophy is 125bhp, weighs a ton and is way faster in both feeling and actual than your TR. I know this because my wife has an ER6, the Kawasaki original, which I find as slow as a a slug on mogadon and I doubt if the Chinese have released any more ponies from that parallel twin than Kawasaki. So if my bike is/feels faster I'm sure the Sprint does as well.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 7 years, 46 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Biking News & Rumours All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3