Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

TomTom rider Winding Routes example.

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Videos
View previous topic : View next topic  

Bonneville63
Borekit Bruiser

PostPosted: 19:07 - 11 May 2015    Post subject: TomTom rider Winding Routes example. Reply with quote

I decided to see where the 'winding routes' mode took me on my TomTom. So I drove out into the countryside and selected winding routes back home.

The roads were mentally demanding (concentration and all that) but it was generally good fun.

Not recommended for long journeys!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2h2vDNxlA0U

weasley
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:58 - 11 May 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last year I was riding home, from North Lincolnshire to South Oxfordshire, and set the winding routes option. Holy crap, there are some cattle tracks in Lincolnshire that I may have actually been the first to take a vehicle down!

It was sort of fun, but I got a bit wound up at riding and riding and getting nowhere. Plus there were no fuel stations en route. I bailed out after a while and went fastest route (avoiding motorways).

Doovy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:20 - 19 May 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hehe. I've lead a few BCF rideouts and the 'winding roads' option always makes things a little interesting Laughing
Old Thread Alert!

There is a gap of 1 year, 292 days between these two posts...
motorcyclejay... This post is not being displayed because it has a low rating (Spam). Unhide this post / all posts.

BumpingUglys
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 21:15 - 06 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

motorcyclejayce wrote:
If you're looking for more winding routes near you, I stumbled upon a site called driveslate.com that lets you search winding routes near you. Maybe you'll get lucky and find some new winding roads in your area!

I suspect I might find routes near *you*. But routes near me? In the generous 300 mile search radius I allowed, I found a grand total of zero listings.

For reference; that search radius included three major land masses, across at least two seas, and crossed the borders of seven countries.

Poor show Thumbs Down
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 7 years, 24 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Videos All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1