Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

ACTIVATE! 8pm - BBC2

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 12, 13, 14  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

c_dug
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 10:15 - 07 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I enjoyed that episode, but the YouTube clip was more excitement in one clip than the entire BBC episode. Not sure what differs in the rules, but the BBC should change them to suit!

In related news, I spent a few hours with Noel Sharkey recently. Properly nice guy Thumbs Up

rpsmith79
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:19 - 07 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

c_dug_the_bastard wrote:
I enjoyed that episode, but the YouTube clip was more excitement in one clip than the entire BBC episode. Not sure what differs in the rules, but the BBC should change them to suit!

In related news, I spent a few hours with Noel Sharkey recently. Properly nice guy Thumbs Up

Yeah, the US version has more action per fight, but they spend so long waffling on and building up to each fight that i think they only have about 4 fights per 1 hour episode

I also saw an advert the other day for the latest series of Battlebots being shown on Spike in the UK (didn't catch when though), but you really need to record it first and fast forward all the long drawn out trash talking and inane commentating

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:11 - 07 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nutz getting tossed out of the arena was oh so satisfying, I know they did that on purpose Laughing Jellyfish, err yeah, shame they got back in after the 25k robot broke Smile

Battlebots seems more developed, but I can't take the American presentation.

arry
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:15 - 07 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

M.C wrote:

Battlebots seems more developed, but I can't take the American presentation.

That needs to be recorded, and then just skip straight to the fights. DoB is bad enough but the 'mericuhs are far too irritating Confused
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 23:22 - 07 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

M.C wrote:
Jellyfish, err yeah, shame they got back in after the 25k robot broke Smile

I love bots like Jellyfish and Gabriel. Sure, they're daft, and real competitors should be able to rek them in seconds. So... do it then. What are you waiting for? Hey... hey, I'm still standing. Hey...

https://thechive.files.wordpress.com/2014/12/randy-marsh-24.jpg?quality=85&strip=info&w=600

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:53 - 07 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

They were disabled with a single axe blow. I think as battle bots show you want the evolution of weapons and armour, not wanky little machines trying to stay out of trouble.

thx1138
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:59 - 07 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Series 1 in the 90s had some robots with no weapons, there was a ball with a remote control car in it.

and also, they didn't all fight did they? Obstacle courses and that?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 00:22 - 08 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

thx1138 wrote:
Obstacle courses and that?

I seem to remember that.

rpsmith79
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:02 - 08 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

1 hour warning, BattleBots on at 8pm on Spike tonight if anyone is interested..............

................. i of course will be recording it so i can fast forward all the yank commentary Wink

arry
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:10 - 08 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

10 mins in and nothing has happened yet Laughing introducing the teams takes 5 minutes each. Bet this is going to adverts before the bloody fight even starts too.

arry
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:14 - 08 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok the first fight was worth the 15 minute wait!

rpsmith79
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:06 - 08 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did warn you, lol

thx1138
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:36 - 12 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

tonights robot wars had some odd judges decisions

Ben90
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 22:32 - 12 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Poor Behemoth. Eighteen years and can't catch a break. That grab type weapon they had was utterly useless, they were beaten by some children younger than their robot. Twice.

I hope Razor comes back this series and actually gets a chance to put holes in stuff this time Praying

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:44 - 12 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ben90 wrote:
Poor Behemoth. Eighteen years and can't catch a break. That grab type weapon they had was utterly useless, they were beaten by some children younger than their robot.

Who were more mature Smile Did seem the judges were favouring them but that was a flipping good episode.

c_dug
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 10:32 - 13 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I always thought it'd be a good show to see live, but I think so less seeing that last battle. Imagine waiting in an uncomfortable chair for the two hours allotted repair time to pass, only for the fight to be over in 5 seconds!

thx1138
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:22 - 13 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

c_dug_the_bastard wrote:
I always thought it'd be a good show to see live, but I think so less seeing that last battle. Imagine waiting in an uncomfortable chair for the two hours allotted repair time to pass, only for the fight to be over in 5 seconds!

I think they probably film the whole thing in a day, so the battles come thicker and faster than they do on the telly, probably they have some sort of entertainment between bouts too?

Matt B
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:25 - 13 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

M.C wrote:
[Who were more mature Smile

Loved the way he flounced off after the judges decision Laughing

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 12:03 - 13 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would have too. Quite apart from the daft team decision to switch to the agricultural implement, the judges' bias towards the plucky kids was pretty cringe inducing in its pandering.

The Kiddie Kart didn't even have a weapon, and so shouldn't have been in the competition in the first place (yeah, rules and that). It did take some impressive hits, but by that token you could field a Big Trak covered in breeze blocks set to drive straight forward and get the same amount of credit.

Being rekt so hard that their disabled carcase took out the arena wall should have resulted in a straight loss.

Matt B
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:16 - 13 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogerborg wrote:
a Big Trak covered in breeze blocks set to drive straight forward

Cheers Rog Thumbs Up

That's my entry for next year sorted. Right, off to Wickes then.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:27 - 13 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogerborg wrote:
I would have too. Quite apart from the daft team decision to switch to the agricultural implement, the judges' bias towards the plucky kids was pretty cringe inducing in its pandering.

The Kiddie Kart didn't even have a weapon, and so shouldn't have been in the competition in the first place (yeah, rules and that). It did take some impressive hits, but by that token you could field a Big Trak covered in breeze blocks set to drive straight forward and get the same amount of credit.

Being rekt so hard that their disabled carcase took out the arena wall should have resulted in a straight loss.

It was less annoying than Gabriel Smile I didn't understand why they stopped the fight when it got stuck under the floor flipper, tough shit.

CaNsA
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 06:57 - 14 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://i.imgur.com/poBf3Iu.gifv

arry
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 07:17 - 14 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's an epic flounce.

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 09:02 - 14 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Must... not... autie... rage...

Oh, Esme has recovered, you'll all be glad to hear, and will be legal next year.

Dr. DaveJPS
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:01 - 31 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

How crap was the plastic bot last week! surely at least one of the kids should have churped up at the designing stage!

(although if you had armour made from extruded PTFE that could cause spinners some issues...)

Last edited by Dr. DaveJPS on 14:44 - 31 Mar 2017; edited 1 time in total
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 6 years, 364 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 6 of 14