Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Letters for PO

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF...
View previous topic : View next topic  

mudcow007
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:23 - 17 Mar 2017    Post subject: Letters for PO Reply with quote

We have lived in our house for 8 years now, but still receive letters (from O2) for the previous owners

Have tried sending them back with "Not known at this address" etc but it hasnt stopped them.

I know this is bad, but i opened one a few weeks back an it was about a contract that had been renewed.

what should we do!?

My worry is if anything happens with their account - they dont pay etc, its a black mark at my address
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 10:32 - 17 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phone O2 to ask them to take your address off their mailing list because you've been receiving mail for the previous occupant for eight years now and sending it back hasn't made it stop.

Andy_Pagin
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:35 - 17 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

We had the same problem, not with O2 in particular, lots of random stuff. Legally all you can do is send them back. I believe interfering with the mail, including opening someone else's is a criminal offence. That said PO's mail did frequently accidentally end up in the shredder. Business correspondence often has the senders address on the back of the envelope. You could try emailing or even phoning them. I've often found this works.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

arry
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 10:37 - 17 Mar 2017    Post subject: Re: Letters for PO Reply with quote

mudcow007 wrote:
its a black mark at my address

Don't worry on that front; it won't affect you.

Pjay
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:54 - 17 Mar 2017    Post subject: Re: Letters for PO Reply with quote

arry wrote:
mudcow007 wrote:
its a black mark at my address

Don't worry on that front; it won't affect you.

Yeah they stopped with the address based system years back, now it's all experian/similar personal based for credit checks.

mudcow007
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:48 - 17 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorted cheers Thumbs Up

Spoke to O2

Wonko The Sane
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:57 - 17 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andy_Pagin wrote:
We had the same problem, not with O2 in particular, lots of random stuff. Legally all you can do is send them back. I believe interfering with the mail, including opening someone else's is a criminal offence. That said PO's mail did frequently accidentally end up in the shredder. Business correspondence often has the senders address on the back of the envelope. You could try emailing or even phoning them. I've often found this works.

it's only an offence if your intent is to steal idenity / money / impersonate the addressee or you are not the addressee

they're addressed to your house, you can open them.

I've e-mailed with the reference number on the letter to explain that the house has changed owners and I don't know where they are, I point out that zoopla shows when ownership of the property changed.

the exception to this is santander where I took the letters into the branch un-opened

two months later, new bank cards turned up in the post!

J4mes
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:02 - 17 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

mudcow007 wrote:
Sorted cheers Thumbs Up

Spoke to O2

You spoke to one part of O2.

I'll bet my left nut that the other 600 databases at O2 that hold the address will keep sending letters.

Very Happy

I burn everything I get for the previous occupants of my place. I spent a year phoning people, sending back, handing on to known family members and it made fuck all difference so I light my logburner with it all now.

P.
Red Rocket

PostPosted: 18:05 - 17 Mar 2017    Post subject: Re: Letters for PO Reply with quote

mudcow007 wrote:
I know this is bad, but i opened one a few weeks back an it was about a contract that had been renewed.

Only open the non-folding ones, sometimes you get a birthday card and cash.

I only open them when they say "Police" or similar, just for a laugh. The rest go in the bin.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 7 years, 12 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1