Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

20 Years old...

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Pictures
View previous topic : View next topic  

Chris45
Nitrous Nuisance

PostPosted: 17:29 - 23 Mar 2017    Post subject: 20 Years old... Reply with quote

Finally completed the refurb on my gpz today. Been working through the winter most evenings and weekends to get her back in top condition. Work included frame refurb down to bare metal and repaint, leaking rad sorted, underside of tank taken back to bare metal and repainted, new chain, sprockets, rear bearings, cush drive and vacuum petrol tap sorted (OEM). New rear tyre. Exhaust downpipes now have titanium coated exhaust wrap (minor blow at the 2 into 1 area sorted and sealed). All finished with autoglym high resin polish. The bike looks ten years younger, so I might try the same technique on the wife Laughing The engine/gearbox/clutch are all working perfect so let's hope we have a great summer this year.

davethekwak
Nitrous Nuisance

PostPosted: 17:38 - 23 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking very smart. I a fan of the older bikes. New designs seem to be based on transformers. Shocked
Quite fancy a GPZ500 for local stuff but will have to wait until current project finished.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:49 - 23 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

davethekwak wrote:
Looking very smart. I a fan of the older bikes. New designs seem to be based on transformers. Shocked
Quite fancy a GPZ500 for local stuff but will have to wait until current project finished.

GPZ500, an older bike. Just hit as hard as you can below the belt, why don't you Laughing
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
THERE'S MILLIONS OF CHICKENSTRIPS OUT THERE!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Bloggsy
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 20:41 - 23 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where do you get the titanium wrap on the headers and is it expensive

pompousporcup...
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:28 - 23 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice. looks clean and shiny Thumbs Up

Chris45
Nitrous Nuisance

PostPosted: 22:51 - 23 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the compliments guys, appreciate it. Yes, the bike is 20 years old this year, but she still pulls brilliantly, handles really well, and is very, very reliable. The exhaust wrap is here

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/251306721386?_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

and for my bike with a Nexus 2 into 1 - I used two tapes.

Chris45
Inverness

davethekwak
Nitrous Nuisance

PostPosted: 09:35 - 24 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:
davethekwak wrote:

GPZ500, an older bike. Just hit as hard as you can below the belt, why don't you Laughing

Er my two are 18 and 21 years old. The 18 yo still looks great even when sharing the garage with my lads 16 plate ninja. The 21 yo is a pile of bits atm. Rebuild starts this weekend Smile
Both my bikes are still wet behind the ear compared to me though Embarassed

myvision
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 10:22 - 24 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice.

Confusion
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 10:27 - 24 Mar 2017    Post subject: Re: 20 Years old... Reply with quote

Chris45 wrote:
Finally completed the refurb on my gpz today. Been working through the winter most evenings and weekends to get her back in top condition.

Time well spent. Thumbs Up

My ZZR is also 20 years old, but it doesn't look half
as good.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 7 years, 6 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Pictures All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1