hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:37 - 03 Mar 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Portley wrote:
hellkat wrote:
Haarlem

Flower gardens?

Work,not pleasure, unfortunately.
We literally flitted in and flitted out of everywhere (except Utrecht where we stayed with some friends and went to see an awesome French gypsy jazz band Cool )

Hopefully will go back and check out other cultural aspects another time.

GhostRider
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:07 - 03 Mar 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will bookmark this thread as the missus booked us a weekend in April for my Birthday , so this is now relevant to my interests.

GhostRider
I have all the characteristics of a human being: blood, flesh, skin, hair; but not a single, clear, identifiable emotion, except for greed and disgust. Something horrible is happening inside of me and I don't know why. My nightly bloodlust has overflown into my days. I feel lethal, on the verge of frenzy. I think my mask of sanity is about to slip.

andys675
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:48 - 03 Mar 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

mmm

I remember having a kebab, not like the shit they sell here, the guy opened the pitta bread at the end and sliced meat off a beef joint on the skewer in to it, so nice I had another

and there was an eaterie with loads of postbox sized metal flaps, through the glass you could see things that looked like corn dogs and other sausage based items, you had to put guilders in the slot and open the flap to take the food out, behind this were the guys refilling the boxes

bit vague, but you can understand why

Alpha-9
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:56 - 03 Mar 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good times were had, some fine ass women in the Red Light District.
My feel hurt from wandering around so much but it was a damn good weekend.

Recommend it Thumbs Up
Stayed at Ibis hotel near falcon plaza which had damn comfy beds and a big nice shower.

Pricey place, but weed was good prices and top notch, nice to know I am getting decent haze back here but not as quality or economic as that stuff.

Tried most the brand stuff i've heard off before, all good stuff
Pollen hash, amnesia haze, sour deisel, white widow etc

Spend a decent amount of money, maybe 300 euro total
Full service Thumbs Up Would go again for sure.
Old Thread Alert!

There is a gap of 3 years, 21 days between these two posts...

The Artist
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 07:31 - 24 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://i.imgur.com/MTeSbl5.jpg

Anyone been recently?

I am going alone for a few days next week and want to know best coffee shops for a single traveller. A lot seem like they are designed for groups of 5-10 'Muricans and I want to avoid those really.

Ste, Barneys lounge or Barneys coffee shop?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

owl
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 08:58 - 24 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Banana Bar, it's not a coffee shop though Laughing

Barney's is decent, prefer the less "commercial" more independent places, my favourite is probably Grey Area coffeeshop, also places like Rick's Cafe and Abraxas

Any of these on the this list are actually worth a visit

https://www.timeout.com/amsterdam/en/restaurants/the-best-amsterdam-coffeeshops

Where about are you staying?

Holdawayt
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 09:13 - 24 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Greenhouse effect is a decent coffeeshop that is incredibly laid back and not very touristy. Try Café 420 too.

The weed is stronger over there than what you'd get in the UK so take it easy if you're not a regular smoker. Also the hashcakes - listen to what they tell you regarding the bigger ones. Eat half then wait a few hours. If you want more then go for it. If you ignore the advice and scoff the lot you'll have a lot of fun but not if you're new to it all. Note - this was the larger cake from Greenhouse effect. Blew me away lol.

Holdawayt
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 09:14 - 24 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bananabar Very Happy what an experience that was.

grr666
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 09:18 - 24 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Barneys breakfast bar is usually my first stop. We did 5 days in an air bnb last year. It was a trip for me really, my
wife isn't into all the drugs and stuff. Some very odd shops there, and you can buy some interesting stuff. We did lots
of walking, visited the vondelpark a couple of times (it was near where we were staying) and where we were staying
had a private roof terrace so I could smoke back at base. It's better for the mrs than us sitting in coffeeshops.
Still getting some decent deals of good gear from Bluebird which has always been a favourite coffeeshop of mine.

The Artist
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:33 - 24 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

vice wrote:
Banana Bar, it's not a coffee shop though Laughing

Barney's is decent, prefer the less "commercial" more independent places, my favourite is probably Grey Area coffeeshop, also places like Rick's Cafe and Abraxas

Any of these on the this list are actually worth a visit

https://www.timeout.com/amsterdam/en/restaurants/the-best-amsterdam-coffeeshops

Where about are you staying?

Which Barneys? Looking at a map there are at least 2!
I have read good things about grey area also. I will check that list out.
Staying in the Park Plaza Victoria hotel. Very central which is decent.

Holdawayt wrote:
Greenhouse effect is a decent coffeeshop that is incredibly laid back and not very touristy. Try Café 420 too.

The weed is stronger over there than what you'd get in the UK so take it easy if you're not a regular smoker. Also the hashcakes - listen to what they tell you regarding the bigger ones. Eat half then wait a few hours. If you want more then go for it. If you ignore the advice and scoff the lot you'll have a lot of fun but not if you're new to it all. Note - this was the larger cake from Greenhouse effect. Blew me away lol.

Daily smoker until mid 2016 when I went cold turkey for work reasons so I expect it will fuck me over big time. Laughing

grr666 wrote:
Barneys breakfast bar is usually my first stop. We did 5 days in an air bnb last year. It was a trip for me really, my
wife isn't into all the drugs and stuff. Some very odd shops there, and you can buy some interesting stuff. We did lots
of walking, visited the vondelpark a couple of times (it was near where we were staying) and where we were staying
had a private roof terrace so I could smoke back at base. It's better for the mrs than us sitting in coffeeshops.
Still getting some decent deals of good gear from Bluebird which has always been a favourite coffeeshop of mine.

Barneys breakfast bar is close to my hotel so that sounds like a good starter.

Seems like I have plenty of good places to check out. Cheers all. Thumbs Up Karma
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

owl
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:50 - 24 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Barney's is a chain, so they're all fairly similar, the one on Haarlemmerstraat is nice.

Thing to note, some places are funny about smoking clean green (no mix) others are okay with it, this seems to change according to the mood they are in as well.

they also prohibit selling weed and alcohol in the same establishment, however some places get around it by having a coffeeshop next door to a bar.

the guy who owns grey area is a scottish lad married to a south african girl, really nice bloke, name escapes me now, but he's bred some killer lines, if they have any variant of DOG definitely worth a try.

some other things to try if you haven't are the volcano vapes and oil rigs
oils and waxes, absolutely incredible stuff.

also they don't sell normal shrooms anymore, you can still get them but it will be under counter stuff, generally they have "truffles" now which are sold wet

man you getting me itching for a trip over there now

grr666
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:17 - 24 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found a lot of places supplied free 'weed' leaf to mix your good stuff with although I found that it ruined the flavour.
I'm 4 years off the tobacco anyway and smoke my green straight either in a pipe or I make little pure zoots at home
so the tobacco ban didn't bother me.

owl
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:41 - 24 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

grr666 wrote:
I found a lot of places supplied free 'weed' leaf to mix your good stuff with although I found that it ruined the flavour.
I'm 4 years off the tobacco anyway and smoke my green straight either in a pipe or I make little pure zoots at home
so the tobacco ban didn't bother me.

that mix stuff was abysmal Puke

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 20:42 - 24 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just avoid the Bulldog and the other tourist traps.

Barneys lounge or Barneys coffee shop? Yeah do both. Thumbs Up

Whether or not the weed in Amsterdam is several times stronger than what you get in the UK depends mostly on if you're getting shit weed or top shelf weed in this country. Wink

I've never heard of anywhere objecting to people smoking pure. Laughing I've also never had a problem with using a tobacco mix but I think that's largely down to if you're being a good customer buying more than a gram of their very cheapest bud and if you're being at least a bit subtle with the pouch of tobacco. A spliff that is mostly tobacco with a sprinkling of weed smells very different to a spliff that is mostly weed with a sprinkling of tobacco mostly towards the roach end of the spliff. Just don't take the piss and they're not bothered.

Last time I was in Amsterdam I had a tab at Barneys. Laughing
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 7 years, 31 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2