Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Advice for 2 night trip to Belgium

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Touring & Exploration
View previous topic : View next topic  

Jimnibob
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 22:30 - 05 Mar 2017    Post subject: Advice for 2 night trip to Belgium Reply with quote

Hi,

I am looking for advice about, where to stay and what some good biking trips are in Belgium.

The trip is at the end of April. I am travelling from Calais to Belgium and will be staying 2 nights (possibly 3).

Where are some good places to visit, explore and stay overnight at? Bruges, Ghent, Brussels or perhaps somewhere else?

Are there some must see sights or journeys that are recommended?

Thanks

Enduro Numpty
Could Be A Chat Bot

PostPosted: 23:14 - 05 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

My wife and me had a very pleasant day and overnight stay in Bruges a couple of years ago. No other experience of Belgium orher than busy underwhelming roads.

orcster
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 23:32 - 05 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

My wife and I plus a group of 4 other bikers stayed in Durbuy last year, and heading there again this year. Lovely little village with plenty of different places to head out to in the area. Captive market so pricing in the restaurants was a bit high and almost identical in each restaurant.

We stayed in La Librairie hotel which was a small but nice hotel with great breakfast Very Happy

raesewell
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 18:00 - 06 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

My wife and I have stayed in Brugge and Brussels, both very nice cities. The roads in the North are rubbish the roads in the South are better.

philbuck
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 15:49 - 24 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Surely a trip to Belgium must incorporate the Menin Gate at Ypres. Lovely town too, plus the evening ceremony at the gate. has to be done, if only once in your lifetime.

raesewell
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 00:47 - 25 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will be in Ieper (Ypres) on the 24th April with a group of six. So if you are about look us up. The last post is a spectacle not to be missed.

-Matt-
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:15 - 25 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bastogne area is very good if you're into the war-history side of things. Also means you can quite easily day-trip out from there to the Ardenne's and some other areas with a good mix of scenery/historic stuff quite easily, or even pop down into Luxembourg if you wanted.

Mawsley
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 00:32 - 30 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hotel for bikers

https://sites.google.com/grd.be/eng
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 7 years, 19 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Touring & Exploration All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1