Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

gs500 rear shock

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop
View previous topic : View next topic  

strike750
Derestricted Danger

PostPosted: 20:36 - 21 Mar 2017    Post subject: gs500 rear shock Reply with quote

hi all I have tried to uprate the rear shock on my gs500 , I have done this using an sv650 shocker following some advice. After the install I was told I should have used the yellow shock rather than the white one what I would like to know is what is the difference as it hasn,t improved things if they are the same I am thinking of getting a progressive spring to try and improve it

hmmmnz
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:40 - 26 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

how did you even manage to even to get the white one on?
they are vastly different,
any way, the sv shock is a budget shock so is still shit, just way less shit than a standard gs shock.
the obvious, would be to buy a hagon shock,
they are not too expensive and are pretty good

strike750
Derestricted Danger

PostPosted: 21:21 - 14 Apr 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi all update on rear shock . Fitted yellow shock but upon stripping linkage found the needle bearings had been toyed with and had no needle bearings in .New repair kit fitted and yellow shock jobs a goodun

A100man
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:30 - 10 Jul 2017    Post subject: White shock, yellow shock Reply with quote

thread resurrection apologoes however..

I have GS500 that I'm dicking about with in a vague notion of making some kind of Dual Sport. It's been done before and the suggested way to get some more rear travel is use the SV650 shock in yellow. Of course I also missed this vital information and got a white one. Thing is I cant really see much difference (white v yellow) from the pics I can see. The clevis (U section) is wider on the white from a side view (30mm vs 27.5mm) but a few mins on a grinder should sort that out - so does anyone else know any other difference that will prevent adapting the white 'un?

Cheers

Then: Fizz, RS200, KL250, XJ550, Laverda Alpina, XJ600, FZS600
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 6 years, 284 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1