BCF: Bike Chat Forums

So general legal questions regarding L plates

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic : View next topic  

AndyCF
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 17:26 - 28 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Never really understood why you need to have a front L on a bike when you do not have to have a front number plate, I know its not quite the same but...

Yes I'm obviously aware older machines have a front plate, nicely 'side fitted' to avoid it being read easily by static units.

Smile

When I passed my car test in 91 I still had my Simson 50, I took the L's off that and carried on with it as I could not afford either a car or a faster bike. I was doing a 10 mile commute (each way) to work like that for nearly a year without the L's (legal as I got my 'ped' cover) and never attracted any attention...

Bear in mind I'd been riding the Simson for about 18 months at this point though (legally)

I was semi forced into a CBT from what I recall only to find out I did not actually need one afterwards Sad hmm.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:41 - 28 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Untitled1995 wrote:
What is the price if caught though? will 6 points get you a ban if you have already been banned?

I have no points currently but still have driving convictions that are unspent. A good few.

How long had you had your license when you got caught in your 'rocket car' Laughing Was it revoked? Did you have to re-apply for your license? How long have you had your current license?

With no outstanding points it'll normally be 12 unless you're still under new driver probation.

andyscooter
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:55 - 28 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

this is simple

you are a learner so need to display L plates front and rear

my rear one kept snapping so I got a little bit of thin aluminium and made a bracket for it so it didn't snap

if you don't you can be fined £100 for each plate and have three points per plate missing they could also do you for not in accordance which would be more points and another fine

6 points may or may not be enough to get a ban we don't know how long you have had a licence
if you have had a full licence more then two years then you are not under the new drivers rule

if less then it will be revoked again

so either pass a test or display the L plates

easy
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

ThatDippyTwat
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:09 - 28 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

andyscooter wrote:
if you have had a full licence more then two years then you are not under the new drivers rule

Possibly un-simpling this...

What if you have to re-sit your test(s)? Do you have to go though the 2 year probationary period?

andyscooter
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:12 - 28 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

ThatDippyTwat wrote:
andyscooter wrote:

Possibly un-simpling this...

What if you have to re-sit your test(s)? Do you have to go though the 2 year probationary period?

fucked if I know Embarassed

guessing it would still run like it was your first licence

so the remaining two years would carry on
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Waaarrrggghhh
Nitrous Nuisance

PostPosted: 17:09 - 01 Apr 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did my A1, ride my YBR 125 without L plates and never been pulled for it, even though the examiner said afterwards I'm going to get pulled over a lot for it. So I can only guess either police in my area aren't bothered or they can run a check with just my number plate.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 7 years, 24 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2