We Ride London

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Biking News & Rumours Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
View previous topic : View next topic  

thx1138
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:22 - 22 Dec 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wafer_Thin_Ham wrote:
Surely they should be banning pre-2997 cars, vans and buses first???Or I am I missing the point?

I think banning all cars made before the year 3000 is in the Green Parties manifesto.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

normanzb
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 15:32 - 19 Jan 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

motorcycles indeed ARE more polluting than cars with euro 5 6 ... whatever standard,

saying motorcycle is less polluting just because we have little traffic is illogical, we do generate more smog than cars. (less CO and CO2 than cars, of course because less fuel consumption.)

unless they removed claim on pollution or correct it in a way that emphasis CO and CO2 emission, i wouldn't support the campaign.

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 00:36 - 20 Jan 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Depends how you define pollution. We've been obsessed with CO2 up until recently, on which bikes always have done better as it's essentially a function of fuel used.

On NOx, we've been worse, but are catching up.

Particulates are the current Big Bad, and 4 strokes we do much better than diesels. 2 strokes, well, OK.

However, the critical thing to bear in mind is that point-to-point in the real world, we do well, because we spend less time stuck going nowhere. We also help other vehicles to keep moving too.

Sure, no engine is best, electric is OK at the tailpipe (sucks to be the chaps making it though, and don't ask where the energy is coming from), but I'd far rather be stuck behind four x 4-stroke bikes than one diesel taxi.

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 12:01 - 01 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

MAG wrote:
The group of bikers based around the Bike Shed are still keen to oppose threats like the Ultra Low emissions Zone charges which would make biking effectively uneconomic for anyone with an older bike. However, Leon reports that the We Ride London campaign team are starting to find that gaining high profile celebrity support is harder than they originally thought.

<you-dont-say.png>

Sauce.

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 11:02 - 25 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

You may not have heard about their first planned #RageRide, but don't fret, it was called off to due to heavy showers of body parts.

Mawsley
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 22:07 - 28 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

"We are the solution to traffic problems, so we're now going to cause traffic problems on the 6th."

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:17 - 28 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogerborg wrote:
You may not have heard about their first planned #RageRide, but don't fret, it was called off to due to heavy showers of body parts.

Geordie fight video was fairly entertaining. Sorry what was the article about?

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 08:20 - 29 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mawsley wrote:
"We are the solution to traffic problems, so we're now going to cause traffic problems on the 6th."

I'm sure Rufous will take command and get them well disciplined. They may not even realise that it's happened, so secret will the organisation be.

Anyway, they're not rage rides, they're "awareness rides". I'm just not aware of the point, or when the next one is. April 6th? Rage Ride Awareness Ride URL is 404.

Mawsley
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 00:28 - 30 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogerborg wrote:
I'm just not aware of the point, or when the next one is. April 6th? Rage Ride Awareness Ride URL is 404.

They are the solution to internet traffic problems too, then.

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 08:25 - 30 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, I see. Despite their web site being the top Google hit, the awareness is being, er... organised... through their FaceTweets (which aren't linked to from their own web site).

Apparently the ride will be from somewhere in London to somewhere else in London at some time next Thursday afternoon. Very mysterious, maybe Rufous is involved. Can't you just feel that throbbing organisation?

I've asked them a very simple question on TweetFace. I wonder if I'll get a cogent reply.

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 08:58 - 10 Apr 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, I forgot, They Rode London.

Their response was: "Hi. This actually has the endorsement of MAG and they think to do it as their rides really helped them"

So, they're delusional. OK, noted.

Hilariously, they timed their "awareness" ride to coincide with a black cab protest about Uber, which rekt the not-a-rage-ride. I know what the black cab protest what about because there was news coverage of it:

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=black+cab+protest&tbm=nws

The bike "awareness" ride, who knows? Not the press, or anyone who bothered to search and try and find out.

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=we+ride+london&tbm=nws
https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=motorbike+protest+london&tbm=nws

So, what now?

Mawsley
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 13:24 - 11 Apr 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogerborg wrote:

The bike "awareness" ride, who knows?

Rufous.

But he'll not be telling.

Val
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:09 - 17 Apr 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

It can be only good if there is one more motorcycle lobby.

I hope somebody will do something.

About sorry state of London streets regarding motorcycles. I ride London and after the new cycle lanes The Embankment is completely useless for motorcycling.

Although I am not holding my breath here.

I mean seriosuly the way these guys propose to resovle the problems is by:

1. Responding to TfL useless consultation survey.
2. Posting a photo on FB hodling a helmet.
3. Riding with them like a true hipster with an open face helmet.

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/564x/9d/7e/f1/9d7ef1f32d60efe7029d6abe44d0e126.jpg
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 6 years, 347 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Biking News & Rumours All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3