Am I ghey?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic : View next topic  

Baggyman
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 13:36 - 28 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lord Percy wrote:

what did he have to do to get a badge with a picture of a banana on it?

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:48 - 28 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Baggyman wrote:
Lord Percy wrote:

what did he have to do to get a badge with a picture of a banana on it?

Ask Sadie Nightshade, she knows all Wub

pepperami
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:12 - 28 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ste wrote:

What about if they like potatoes?

I like to ride potatoes. My bike are all potatoes!

talkToTheHat
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:21 - 29 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you a poor excuse for a homophobic slur? Yep. Are you going to become desireable to other men? Only hipsters.

You'll want that front fender if you ever ride in the rain, the coils are just above the front cylinder head and are prone to soaking.

Rear fenders that aren't cut up or majorly repaired are really quite rare. I've got one (I think) in need of a minor repair and repainting if you want it.

Pods are not airbox. Frame is airbox. Don't remove airbox, bike will get bendy.

The solenoid reserve is notoriously unreliable. Consider replacing with mechanical reserve, certain grizzly quad parts work well. Expect 80 miles to reserve unless you're riding very gently. Irridium plugs improve cold weather starting and throttle response immensely. Check valve clearences, they wander.

Avon roadrider on the front and i think cobra on the rear was significantly less shit than conti milsestones, brembo make a ceramic pad for the front brake that feels ok but you need to be quite firm. I won a spill counter entry for demonstrating that these do stop.

It's popular to fill front forks with thick oil and extra preload spacers. This stops braking dive but destroys handling. Works much better with stock spacing and 10w oil.

dydey90
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:34 - 29 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lord Percy wrote:
I saw some Leeds Angels lads in a bar once a year or so ago, talking about utter nonsense like the meaning of their patches and other cliquey shite. Don't think it would have been too pretty if someone waltzed in dressed like they meant business when actually they were just trying to look cool. And I think that's how the hell's angel image got it's ghey label. It became a fashion statement.

Not Angels, they're Satans Slaves and they're a Bradford based MC. I know a few of the nicer members, but a lot of the younger ones can be dicks. I saw a few of them smash a guys phone because he'd taken a picture of their chromed up Harleys.
From what I've heard, Hells Angels basically outsource business to them on this side of the pond and they have similar rules and initiations, although bike style and engine size isn't as restrictive.

oscar777
Nova Slayer

PostPosted: 19:24 - 29 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

talkToTheHat wrote:
Are you a poor excuse for a homophobic slur? Yep. Are you going to become desireable to other men? Only hipsters.

You'll want that front fender if you ever ride in the rain, the coils are just above the front cylinder head and are prone to soaking.

Rear fenders that aren't cut up or majorly repaired are really quite rare. I've got one (I think) in need of a minor repair and repainting if you want it.

Pods are not airbox. Frame is airbox. Don't remove airbox, bike will get bendy.

The solenoid reserve is notoriously unreliable. Consider replacing with mechanical reserve, certain grizzly quad parts work well. Expect 80 miles to reserve unless you're riding very gently. Irridium plugs improve cold weather starting and throttle response immensely. Check valve clearences, they wander.

Avon roadrider on the front and i think cobra on the rear was significantly less shit than conti milsestones, brembo make a ceramic pad for the front brake that feels ok but you need to be quite firm. I won a spill counter entry for demonstrating that these do stop.

It's popular to fill front forks with thick oil and extra preload spacers. This stops braking dive but destroys handling. Works much better with stock spacing and 10w oil.

Thanks for the tips.

I've checked the carb diapraghms as apperently common problem but were fine. Oil should have been replaced but will put some fresh Motul 5000 10w40 in anyway once i get a chance.

Took her out (closed circuit of course) and she sits at 85mph no problem. I should expect about 100mph max right?

I have noticed that the black widow pipes last owner put on are blueing quite a lot. Header on front cylinder especially. Thinking its running lean. So next step is to have a look at the pilot screw adjustment once i grind down a flathead to fit inside the holes. Also check for any intake leaks.

Otherwise Im impressed by this bike. Pulls in pretty much any gear I ask it to. Very smooth, so easy to manoeuvre at low speeds.

Have not tested reserve yet. Just using the milleage counter and expecting about 100 miles to fill up.

secretagentmo...
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 21:53 - 29 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ghey? Black Widow Exhaust?
These Black Widows?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yXhl6TOyq3k

RobinoTyrell
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 22:01 - 29 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know. Can we get a picture of how you would look like in a full leather suit and no helmet?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

owl
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:32 - 29 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://i.guim.co.uk/img/static/sys-images/Guardian/Pix/pictures/2015/2/11/1423657228292/11191f9a-17d4-4335-a55b-89c2001f941b-620x372.jpeg?w=700&q=55&auto=format&usm=12&fit=max&s=e990e9061775477b246e23423937b13d

talkToTheHat
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:02 - 30 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

100 absolutely maxed. But it will do 95+ on gps 2-up with luggage for as long as fuel lasts on as geared short to sit comfortably in 5th at 55

Pigeon
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:08 - 30 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

stevo as b4 wrote:
I don't think it's the bikes so much as the lifestyle and all that's associated with it.

People seem friendly / decent enough, more so than many "Adventure" riders. For me it's the bikes, jeeezus the bikes. Massive, heavy, slow, ridiculous ground clearance, tanker turning circles, lots of "loooook at me" noise and shiny, but you just look like a wannabe yank.

I was loaned a Triumph Speedmaster for a day and there was 20 seconds of laughter to be had before hating everything else.

If in America then it would make more sense. But this is the UK. We don't have an abundance of arrow straight roads for hundreds of miles with limited traffic and 55mph speed limits that everyone obeys.

Each to their own of course. But, fuck, no!

stevo as b4
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:49 - 31 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a very fair point of view that some have. I don't particularly hate bikes with laid back geometry and slow steering and poor ground clearance if they are powerful. I imagine I'd quite enjoy (some of the time) riding a stripped back to the minimum hard tail chopper with an FJ1200 engine or similar?

I'd like a KTM 125exc supermoto too, but again you could argue that the UK has the wrong roads for it, hardly like the twisting Positano coast road that suit an on/off two stroke.

Yet also we are a nation of scream our fireblade's though the first 4gears and sod the law too. Its especially amusing as we don't as a nation have particularly high speed limits compared to some, and we don't have that much space, open roads, or traffic free nice mountain canyons or the Stelvio pass etc.

Its like because we are a little congested island, we have to take every chance we get for half a mile or so of mad thrashing, between congestion and snarled up town traffic?

In the US a Harley that lopes along at 55mph makes sense, but then so would a stretched extended rear end Hayabusa as, there are enough roads to wind every last rpm out of one in top gear, which is more than you can say for most of the UK.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Pigeon
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:34 - 31 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

stevo as b4 wrote:
Said many reasonable and valid things

Good points, well made. I guess a 200bhp bike is equally as unsuitable for UK as a Road King.

All down to personal preference in the end.

Alex A
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:21 - 31 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

stevo as b4 wrote:
...we don't have that much space, open roads, or traffic free nice mountain canyons or the Stelvio pass etc.

Its like because we are a little congested island, we have to take every chance we get for half a mile or so of mad thrashing, between congestion and snarled up town traffic?

You need to get out more (further). The UK is exactly as you describe in the places where most people live. I avoid those places. It's also delightfully sparsely populated, scenic and far from congested elsewhere (e.g. most of Scotland, most of Wales, and almost anywhere North of Preston/Harrogate/York). Long may that continue.

By the way, I'll take the Highlands over the Alps any day. My experience of the better known Alpine passes consists of congestion and hairpin fatigue. They aren't actually great for fast riding.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:47 - 31 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alex A wrote:
stevo as b4 wrote:
nonsense

You need to get out more (further).

He does. He definitely does. All that crap from a guy who lives near to arguably UK biking's greatest Mecca Rolling Eyes
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
THERE'S MILLIONS OF CHICKENSTRIPS OUT THERE!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 7 years, 17 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2