Therapy "Bang for buck"

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
View previous topic : View next topic  

Private therapy - good return?
I spent quite a large sum, and saw a massive improvement in life quality/skills
27%
 27%  [ 5 ]
I spent quite a large sum, and saw improvement. Glad I did it.
11%
 11%  [ 2 ]
I spent quite a large sum, and saw no real improvement. Should have had a holiday.
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
I spent quite a large sum, and felt worse afterwards because of the money use.
5%
 5%  [ 1 ]
I started it, but bailed when it wasn't working.
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
I started it, but bailed when I realised the cost.
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
I did it on the NHS, and it was cracking!
5%
 5%  [ 1 ]
I did it on the NHS, and it was worth my time, but glad I didn't pay.
22%
 22%  [ 4 ]
I did it on the NHS, but it would have been worth the GBP1000
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Is that chair firmly bolted down? Good.
27%
 27%  [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 18

stevo as b4
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:46 - 07 Apr 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

You'll already know or will need to know what the underlying cause is of your mental health issues IMO before going for help or counselling and starting any behavioural therapy. Its one of them that if you don't know the cause, or won't change the situation that's causing it, you'll generally achieve fuck all from therapy.

My work has spent a few quid on helping me with a previous issue, but a slight role change made more difference as did alternative working arrangements and conditions.

Oh and yes BCF is mainly about the 'start your fireblade and thrash the tits off it until your satisfied and a proper real man/women again'

But in the last year I've added myself to the list of people with this anxiety Bullshit bollocks, but actually the best advice and help with it I've had came from reading a BCF post by the big Hetz.

I'd approach therapy/professional help though these days with an open mind, and be prepared to work at it not just turn up and say 'none of this applies to me'. As others have said it's a big exciting world with shit loads of things to experience and want to do. You need to get your own ECU working well before you can enjoy all the stuff you want to be out there doing. If that means paying for it and admitting hard to express issues, then fuck yeah, just do it!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

RhynoCZ
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:01 - 07 Apr 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

stevo as b4 wrote:
I'd approach therapy/professional help though these days with an open mind, and be prepared to work at it not just turn up and say 'none of this applies to me'. As others have said it's a big exciting world with shit loads of things to experience and want to do. You need to get your own ECU working well before you can enjoy all the stuff you want to be out there doing. If that means paying for it and admitting hard to express issues, then fuck yeah, just do it!

https://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net/mafia/images/c/c7/Tonyintherapy.png/revision/latest?cb=20081017004240

stevo as b4
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:20 - 07 Apr 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wack a guy, argue with the wife, try to fuck the therapist or at least put hand on leg for later solitary moments. Think he had it all covered tbh! Thumbs Up
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Alpineandy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:39 - 08 Apr 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

stevo as b4 wrote:
try to fuck the therapist or at least put hand on leg for later solitary moments.

What if he's not my type (as in, he's a bloke and I'm not into blokes) ?

WD Forte
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:07 - 09 Apr 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

To quote Tropic Thunder "we all got issues man"
Sometimes a chat with a trusted person to get things off your chest is all you need
Deeper ingrained issues may need more work.
Talking therapy can be positively useful or expensively useless so do some research
ask questions etc before spending any dosh

You can 'go to' therapy or 'use' therapy, so if your not ready to spill yer guts
and go through boxes of tissues to wipe away the tears and snotters, you may not be ready.

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:40 - 09 Apr 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

My view of therapists

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/02/30/94/0230943b7ffa445f3c3d2730c48a9b09.jpg
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 7 years, 19 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3