Lexmoto Venom 125-22 issues and solutions

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic : View next topic  

TheCherryCore
Derestricted Danger

PostPosted: 20:16 - 19 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Teflon-Mike wrote:
(Lots of stupid answers too, come to think of t!)

It's quite interesting assumption, I have to agree with, and also what I find particularly funny is that I actually did not ask about how or when or why to change filter, oil or air, or measure tire pressure or whatever.

I'm having a lego set to play with, documenting some steps for other people, who may:
1. find themselves having one of those lego sets;
2. wanting to learn how, when and why to do some manual labor.
and 3. alternatively, but not mandatory limited to altering some bits and pieces, saving themselves stops, drinks, rushes to halfords and baby oil roleplay.

But yes, indeed, very much appreciated Very Happy

TheCherryCore
Derestricted Danger

PostPosted: 20:21 - 19 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Baggyman wrote:
First question:

Why are you replacing the plug?

Cause I dont feel comfortable having no oil filter and higher chance of moulding leftovers, taking into account this is chinese manufacturing.

Baggyman wrote:
Measure several then divide. (if you have that many) for obvious reasons

Yeah, can't imagine many people having that type of callipers in their toolbox. It was 7 in my case, nicely divided, and result was published in the above update message I posted yesterday.

Baggyman
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 20:29 - 19 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheCherryCore wrote:
Baggyman wrote:
First question:

Why are you replacing the plug?

Cause I dont feel comfortable having no oil filter and higher chance of moulding leftovers, taking into account this is chinese manufacturing.

You take the sump plug out to drain the oil. You then put it back again (see other threads about washers). It is not normal practice to put a new sump plug in

If it is magnetic, just wipe the bits of metal off with a rag or a bit of kitchen roll

TheCherryCore
Derestricted Danger

PostPosted: 21:00 - 19 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Baggyman wrote:

You take the sump plug out to drain the oil. You then put it back again (see other threads about washers). It is not normal practice to put a new sump plug in

If it is magnetic, just wipe the bits of metal off with a rag or a bit of kitchen roll

Thats what I mean - someone else have thought about this before me and put the magnetic one, way before I was enjoying my morning tea, spamming the forum and waiting for rain to stop that particular day.

TheCherryCore
Derestricted Danger

PostPosted: 22:05 - 09 Apr 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good news, everyone! (c)
Just to keep thread updated for anyone who may need these bits of information for some reason - got my hands on a similar bike recently, and it seems, magnetic sump plug has been a default feature on these.
I'm impressed, I have to say, this was very unexpected from a Chinese bike with no oil filter as such.
On the other hand - found some unexpected rusty dust around the engine, on the right. This seem to come off a stamped number on the frame, which rusted slightly.
Lights are very low, and adjustment doesn't seem to work, will need to take that apart.
Plus, condensation in the instrument cluster, will need to look at this too.
Cheers Very Happy
Old Thread Alert!

There is a gap of 1 year, 26 days between these two posts...

TheCherryCore
Derestricted Danger

PostPosted: 20:34 - 06 May 2018    Post subject: Lexmoto Venom 125-22 Reply with quote

Quote:
Good news, everyone! (c)

So it's been a year since... so far so good. After the whole winter outdoors (under the cover) couple of switches got oxidised, so that took some time to take apart, clean and grease before re-assembly. Nothing got too oxidised to require a replacement. Ah yes, remains of the least year's fuel (95 octane) had to be drained to make the start.
First MOT also passed.
Two major annoyances:
1. Rear brake pedal is way too high (adjustment can be done, but just to a point, which to me personally does not make much of a difference).
2. Clutch biting point is kinda floaty too, especially if relelasing slowly.

In case if anyone is having valuable ideas to share on furhter than standard adjustments for the rear brake pedal - please post Smile If it requires half of the bike disassembly, please describe well.

Sincerely yours,
TheCherryCore
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 5 years, 357 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2