BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Phoning the police

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic : View next topic  

Mark_F
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 17:23 - 09 Apr 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I might be the exception here, but having had lots of problems in the last place I lived (not too far from you Jayy), and a complete lack of interest from the popo in doing anything:

I last rang them in Oct. They took about 5-10 mins to turn up, cut me free, spent about 90 mins sorting me until someone could pick me up (during this time I got into an argument with them about something said over the radio), and on their way to where I was going to stop for the night they caught the 2 muppets who had my bike and lots of other little bits.

Nemo
Could Be A Chat Bot

PostPosted: 17:29 - 09 Apr 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mark_F wrote:
They took about 5-10 mins to turn up, cut me free

I feel there may be some detail missing Shocked
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Mark_F
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 17:32 - 09 Apr 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nemo wrote:
Mark_F wrote:

I feel there may be some detail missing Shocked

It's in another thread.

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 17:44 - 09 Apr 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mark_F wrote:

"Firefighters have blamed a rise in callouts involving sex games on kinky blockbuster Fifty Shades of Grey.

The London Fire Brigade said the number of people who had to be released from handcuffs almost doubled in two years, from 15 in 2014-15 to 27 in 2015-16.

There were nine callouts involving "men with rings stuck on their penises" since April, it said.

The brigade urged adventurous couples to be careful in order to to avoid an "embarrassing" visit.

In the last five years the capital's fire crews have been called out to:
- 102 incidents involving people being trapped in handcuffs
- 810 rings removed, including 23 instances of men with rings stuck on their penises
- Other incidents including releasing men's genitals from toasters or vacuum cleaners"

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-38959746

Shocked

fredsredhat
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 18:22 - 09 Apr 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I work very close to a railway viaduct, which is locally believed to be unused but is actually used a few times a day by the fright train going to the steelworks. a few yrs ago 2 kids were pratting around up there. i stood in the yard and rang 101. I was on hold for literally 15 mins all the time watching these kids. as soon as they stated throwing things off the bridge onto the road below i hung up and dialled 999. by the time i gave all the details they wanted a copper was up there and frog marched the kids away. can't complain really.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

GhostRider
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:02 - 09 Apr 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Was going running along the canal towpath, as I came down a slope some guy had another dude by the neck up against the wall, shouting something or other at him. The guy being roughed up had a guilty look about him, probably owed money or something. Normally I'd have just been on my merry way, none of my business, however, the guy doing the roughing up had two american pitbulls with him running loose, and they were getting worked up as dogs do when things are kicking off.

I weren't keen on that. Sure, guy owes you money, kick fuck out of him for all I care, but leave the dogs at home, cuz that shit ain't cricket. I carried on up the stairs of a bridge onto the main road, and called 101 I think, can't remember exactly, but told them what was going down and where. As I was on the phone the guy had tried to make a run for it, with the bloke and his dogs giving chase. Of course you ain't outrunning the pooches so the guy hits the deck and the dogs are circling him, growling and going in for little nips. Only a matter of time before they went full maul. I relayed this to the police.

The copper asked me my name and details, I was like "errr, I'd rather not" simply because I was far too busy to be fucking around giving statements and what not at later date if it came to it, he gets all arsey with me saying "well if you dont want to help then thats your choice". I'm like motherfucker Im phoning you now ain't I? Coulda just fucked off on my merry way.

Anyways, after the call was over I did just that, no point hanging around cuz I sure as fuck weren't getting no dog bites on a strangers behalf, not to mention probably having the fight the dogs owner as well, get stabbed or whatever. Fuck that noise. Besides, if the dude was that worried about getting bitten and had any fucking sense about him he'd have jumped in the canal to get away - even if the dogs gave chase its easier to fight a dog in the water where you can drown it quite easily if you had to, and the dogs owner prob wouldnt want to get his garms wet that badly to jump in after him.

No idea if the police showed up mind.

GhostRider
I have all the characteristics of a human being: blood, flesh, skin, hair; but not a single, clear, identifiable emotion, except for greed and disgust. Something horrible is happening inside of me and I don't know why. My nightly bloodlust has overflown into my days. I feel lethal, on the verge of frenzy. I think my mask of sanity is about to slip.

TheSmiler
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:30 - 09 Apr 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

When the k got stolen, they were useless. The bike was chased by them several times including helicopters and they never caught the bike or the idiot on it. They then had the nerve to say no new evidence was found so they were closing the case. This was after I had been told personally the bike was seen twice on consecutive days.

Don't trust the police to sort anything out now if I have any problems; more chance on the lottery.

DOS
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:07 - 10 Apr 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Of bike stolen from me I'v got more back myself than police did.

They are sh1t unless they catch someone one with your bike doing other crimes and need your info.

Mawsley
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 00:43 - 10 Apr 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I called them to report an attempted financial rape by Aaron Adams Aarons. To my knowledge the sexual fiscal deviant still runs free, ready to fistfuck your wallet without your permission.

Stevie GooGs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 08:08 - 10 Apr 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

mentalboy wrote:
Stevie GooGs wrote:
A few months ago, was driving down to Inverness and see a slow moving trailer with a boat on it only to then realise its parked on the road..... no vehicle hooked up just sitting there in a 60mph road.

...and you didn't nick it? Confused

Ahahaha no, was to busy laughing and had to try and stop myself when i called the police, yeah theres a boat in the road..... honest this not a prank call.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Baggyman
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 13:32 - 10 Apr 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stevie GooGs wrote:
Ahahaha no, was to busy laughing and had to try and stop myself when i called the police, yeah theres a boat in the road..... honest this not a prank call.

Its a boat. Tie a rope to it and claim salvage Twisted Evil

MarJay
But it's British!

PostPosted: 13:53 - 10 Apr 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I called them back in about 2009 when my garage was broken into. They sent a PCSO a day later, then closed the case through 'lack of evidence' despite me having some good leads on it.

They don't care about petty crime unless they catch the offender doing it.

Commuter_Tim
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:35 - 10 Apr 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Baggyman wrote:
Stevie GooGs wrote:

Its a boat. Tie a rope to it and claim salvage Twisted Evil

Negative, I believe the correct response to a boat on the motorway, is to call in Jason Momoa to flood the road, then enjoy your new boat.

I ride a Bandit 600... badly.

andyscooter
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:26 - 10 Apr 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I called them to tell them a tree was lieing on a blind bend and going to cause an accident

They said it was highways job to sort

About twenty minutes later they were there as had to close road as somebody drove into it and rolled the car

Lord Percy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:45 - 10 Apr 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Called 101 when my bike was nicked in east London.

Got a call back at 4am - two coppers had seen some lads bunging a bike into a garage who, once spotted, dropped it and ran off. So it was sort of pot luck, but I got my bike back.

Coppers gave me a lift to get my bike, which was nice.

And for the joy of spreading outrage I'll add that the victim report card thingy they gave me was written in three languages - Urdu, Hindi and Arabic - with no English, because 'east London'.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:51 - 10 Apr 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lord Percy wrote:
And for the joy of spreading outrage I'll add that the victim report card thingy they gave me was written in three languages - Urdu, Hindi and Arabic - with no English, because 'east London'.

Not surprised at all, worked a lot round East London and parts of it feel like a foreign country.

Fisty
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:29 - 10 Apr 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Had sever thousand litres of red diesel stolen from work over the weekend.
Clear CCTV of the people breaking open the gates.

as of 5pm still waiting on a call back from plod.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 23:02 - 10 Apr 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you considered YouTubing it and getting the local rag on the case? Just for devilment, really.

andyscooter
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 08:21 - 11 Apr 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fisty wrote:
Had sever thousand litres of red diesel stolen from work over the weekend.
Clear CCTV of the people breaking open the gates.

as of 5pm still waiting on a call back from plod.

we had something nearly the same at work

clear cctv footage and footprints etc as it had been snowing
they left a pipe and generator they where using as a pump

broke into and emptied all the vans opened the diesel tank but it was empty (luckily so were most of the vans as when we ran out the vans ran on a tenners worth at a time )
as far as I know police still didn't investigate

but just before I left they did turn up moaning someone had complained they had injured themselves round the back of the building as the company had installed barbed wire across the back passage (ooer)and we could get in trouble for it

bloke had jumped over a locked gate to get into the passage and had no right to be there

angryjonny
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:11 - 11 Apr 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I lived in London and had my place robbed. Properly turned over.

Police turned up, made pleasantries while someone dusted for prints. I could never get that dust out of the carpet.

Some weeks later I was sent an IR pen so I could scrawl my name on my remaining belongings.

Jayy
Mr. Ponzi

PostPosted: 11:26 - 11 Apr 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

MarJay wrote:

They don't care about petty crime unless they catch the offender doing it.

Not even... they told me to ring 101 as it wasn't an emergency and they were very busy with actual emergencies.

Funny thing was, they were still in there 1.5 hours later when the plod turned up and hung around for 30 seconds and drove off.

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 11:42 - 11 Apr 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jayy wrote:
they were very busy with actual emergencies.

Did Shania-Tequila call La'Shazni a slag on Facebook again?

chris-red
Have you considered a TDM?

PostPosted: 11:52 - 11 Apr 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was in the shower and my dad shouted "Chris some people are nicking your bike"

"Which one?

"The Suzuki"

"Oh don't worry about it then"

I finished my shower and called the police. I made a report but am not too bothered. I was breaking it and there was fuck all left and TBH was glad to be shot of it.

I go to work and come home and the remnants of the fucking GS has been dumped in my alleyway.

Turns out the old bill had left the local station to come visit us and the van went past them the other way.

The bloke said it was less than a minute between pulling out the station and finding my bike Laughing

I said to the copper can you tell the blokes had they knocked and asked I would have given it to them Laughing Turns out they had been nicking manhole covers too and had a van full out them. I think they went down for a few years in the end.

I later sold the GS for £22 on ebay Laughing

pudder
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 15:07 - 11 Apr 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

My wife and her sister both worked in BHS before it closed down, and were on the alarm call out list. 10pm on a sunday evening, and she got a call to say the alarm had been triggered. All the other people on the list are unavailable, so could she and her sister go.

Alarm call-outs weren't exactly uncommon, pretty much guaranteed to be a poster fallen down and set off the motion detector etc.

I gave them a lift into town, and even though I wasn't technically allowed to go into the store (not an employee), I wasn't letting two young women go into a huge dark department store alone.
Did I mention it was dark, as the main electrical room was right at the back of the store..

Headed towards the alarm panel, and suddenly sister-in-law shouts that there are other people in the store. Shocked
We head back out the doors sharpish and lock them in, then get on the phone to 999.
Watched one guy slowly pack up a hold-all with product and wander towards the back of the store.

To be fair, three cars turned up within 5 minutes, and 2 officers went into the store with tasers drawn.
Whoever was inside had manage to force their way out through the back door, and had dumped the stock.

Turned out he/they had got onto the roof, forced their way through an air vent, kicked through a wall into another room, broken through the floor and dropped down through the suspended ceiling on the room below.

We helped the police do a full sweep of the store, still in the dark with many nooks and crannies... All good fun.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 7 years, 14 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2