Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Videos Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic : View next topic  

skatefreak
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:10 - 11 Apr 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Baggyman"]
SuperMike wrote:

As for what to do, does anyone carry any 'tools' on them? I am thinking one of these would suffice....

Wink

Big can of RAID held with clips...

They pull up and get insecticide to the eyeballs/lungs, should give you a chance to get away.
Doubt the plod could prosecute you for having insect spray on your bike?

Maybe even deep heat/penetrating fluid (good if sprays as a stream!) or expanding foam... get a gob in their face and hope they layer their whole face with it because anything they touch afterwards is gonna get covered...

Think creatively!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 10:28 - 11 Apr 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd much prefer to have to explain why I broke as many traffic laws (as possible Laughing) when making a rapid get away from scummy bike thieves rather than why I sprayed them in the face with the can of RAID or expanding foam I was carrying in an easily accessible place.

Also bear in mind that there have been cases where scummy thieves have thrown or sprayed acid in peoples faces.

There's a time and a place for everything, a situation like the above is the time and the place to make use of how fast your bike is.

Fizzoid
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:46 - 11 Apr 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ste wrote:
SuperMike wrote:
The officer who attended when my scooter got stolen said that intel was useful as they build patterns from it - time of day, location, how many etc so that when they come to doing something about it they can have a better guess at the places and times that these evil little shits operate at.

Looks like you've answered your own question about is it worth sending the video to the police. Wink

Let them decide if it's of any use. Post it to all the relevant neighbourhood police teams on Facebook.

If it gets passed to the Met Police Organised Vehicle Crime Unit then that can't be a bad thing. Same goes for The National Vehicle Crime Intelligence Service. There's no harm in mentioning them when posting it to the local neighbour police facebook pages, I'm guessing here but there's a good chance their facebook is monitored by civilians rather than uniformed cops who know every detail about which direction information should be passed.

Realistically, not a great deal is going to come from you giving them your video but if you don't give it to them then you can be 100% certain that nothing is ever going to come from it.

As Ste said, report it. It's up to the Police what they do with the information, but they can't act if you do nothing

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:49 - 11 Apr 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

defblade wrote:
Time to fit one of those immobilisers that only works when the fob is nearby?

I'd probably do that, pull up somewhere quick, stick the steering lock on and run inside a shop or something. They might come in after you but they won't be riding off with the bike.

Baggyman wrote:
I think, all things considered, the best outcome would be if scumbag lost control of his scoot whilst trying to jack you and ran himself into a skip, lamppost or parked car. If your bike is heavier and more powerful, that would seem the logical outcome from a "physics" point of view

Wink

Or this Smile Scooters are fairly light, I'm sure a well directed kick would send the assailant towards an appropriately placed heavy object. Just don't do this:

https://iruntheinternet.com/lulzdump/images/instant-karma-biker-kicks-car-falls-off-fail-car-kick-14283983870.gif?id=

SuperMike
Nitrous Nuisance

PostPosted: 17:44 - 11 Apr 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah the CS gas was kind of tongue in cheek, but the deep heat isn't a bad shout. I was thinking my most likely action if stopped by these scum would have been to whip out the keys and run. Had they pushed it I have a satellite tracker on the bike so assuming a reasonably quick police response, they wouldn't get too far.

As for tools - they were both carrying bags. I don't think it takes too much imagination to assume they had a kitchen knife of some sort in there. I would have thought their routine is something along the lines of stop you, wave a knife or gun, profit.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 17:54 - 11 Apr 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

SuperMike wrote:
so assuming a reasonably quick police response, they wouldn't get too far.

Laughing

If bad things start happening then holding the horn button down will at least attract attention which increases the chances of someone calling 999. It's probably wishful thinking and people who get their phone out are probably going to video it rather than phone 999.

I'm guessing a bit here but police are more likely to respond quickly if a violent bike jacking is happening right rather than after the event when they might be able to find it from a tracker.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 00:44 - 12 Apr 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ste wrote:
SuperMike wrote:
so assuming a reasonably quick police response, they wouldn't get too far.

Laughing

If bad things start happening then holding the horn button down will at least attract attention which increases the chances of someone calling 999. It's probably wishful thinking and people who get their phone out are probably going to video it rather than phone 999.

I'm guessing a bit here but police are more likely to respond quickly if a violent bike jacking is happening right rather than after the event when they might be able to find it from a tracker.

Do bikes need rape alarms?

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 01:06 - 12 Apr 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

M.C wrote:

Why don't you go and ask your mummy?

arry
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 07:48 - 12 Apr 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ste wrote:

She's not a grown man.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:19 - 12 Apr 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ste wrote:
M.C wrote:

You're a f**king piece of crap troll rubbish.

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 13:36 - 12 Apr 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Aarons soundboard is so versatile. Very Happy

With a bit more chopping up of the sound clips, he could say things like:

"does your mother know <snip> you're a little fucking <snip> piece of shit?"
"does your mother know <snip> you <snip> do <snip> man to man?"

johnsmith222
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:04 - 13 Apr 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm glad this isn't really a problem in Scotland yet. Any ideas what's changed for more bike jacking attempts, rather than lifting them from the street?

Surely it's easier to just take bikes unattended? Also avoids any assault charges etc?

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:28 - 13 Apr 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

bluezedd wrote:
I'm glad this isn't really a problem in Scotland yet. Any ideas what's changed for more bike jacking attempts, rather than lifting them from the street?

Surely it's easier to just take bikes unattended? Also avoids any assault charges etc?

I thought Edinburgh was the epicentre. I'm guessing immobilisers, a bit like how thieves break into houses to steal car keys.

SuperMike
Nitrous Nuisance

PostPosted: 11:08 - 15 Apr 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yup I think that if you are looking to rob a powerful bike for use as opposed to stripping down in a chop shop, then you need to have the keys. My bike has the Honda HISS system on it which as I understand it is pretty much invincible. Means tearing out the wiring system and putting a new one in which I think is in the region of 2 - 3 grand. Given that the tossers get about 1500 I think from memory for a new Fireblade / R1M etc, there is no point in doing this.

Scooters tend not to have any sort of immobiliser on them so can be wired and used for crime. You want a fast super bike then you need the keys too.

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 11:16 - 15 Apr 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't they just need a new ignition and a new ECU to get round HISS?

And there's loads of threads on here from people asking how to get around the immobiliser on their scooter as they've lost their keys.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:14 - 15 Apr 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

SuperMike wrote:
Yup I think that if you are looking to rob a powerful bike for use as opposed to stripping down in a chop shop, then you need to have the keys. My bike has the Honda HISS system on it which as I understand it is pretty much invincible. Means tearing out the wiring system and putting a new one in which I think is in the region of 2 - 3 grand. Given that the tossers get about 1500 I think from memory for a new Fireblade / R1M etc, there is no point in doing this.

Allegedly it's not that secure Smile I thought the same thing regarding immobilisers but there are ways round them/cheaper 'hacks'. I assume the average yoof CBA with that and wants your keys for convenience.

johnsmith222
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:28 - 16 Apr 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

M.C wrote:
bluezedd wrote:

I thought Edinburgh was the epicentre. I'm guessing immobilisers, a bit like how thieves break into houses to steal car keys.

Yeah, plenty of bikes are stolen in Edinburgh, but as far as I know, thefts while riding aren't anywhere near as common, as they are in london.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 6 years, 347 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Videos All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2