Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

S/H bike prices and other ramblings

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat
View previous topic : View next topic  

jjdugen
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:17 - 13 Apr 2017    Post subject: S/H bike prices and other ramblings Reply with quote

Anyone on the look out for a reasonably cheap bike with a bit go can't fail to notice the price increases being asked lately.
Even yesterdays 'has beens' the ZZR 600, Thundercats, even early FZR's are now commanding something approaching serious monies. These are 20 year old bikes for goodness sakes!
So, where are all the personal finance trade ins? There should be a good supply of them by now, the scheme has been very successful for at least the last four years if not longer. My straw poll of the bike meet places I visit show a parade of late registered, very modern tackle. So where do they all go once the lease period is ended and the final settlement payment comes due. Most of the people I've talked to use it as a down payment on the next shiny bauble they lease. God knows how many GS's there are in some store room, because they sure as hell are not coming into the market place. Almost as if they are being removed so they can't affect the new bike sales/leases...... Or am I being paranoid?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

CaNsA
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:24 - 13 Apr 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sell in the summer.
Buy in the winter.

Freddyfruitba...
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:59 - 13 Apr 2017    Post subject: Re: S/H bike prices and other ramblings Reply with quote

jjdugen wrote:
Almost as if they are being removed so they can't affect the new bike sales/leases

Wouldn't surprise me. I bought my current ride from a franchised dealer (yeah, OK, I know...) last year, and later I got in touch with the previous owner about something I wanted to know about the bike. He told me it was over a year ago that he'd traded it in there, and we worked out it was in exactly the same condition/miles etc so they'd evidently had it stored, unadvertised, for all that time. Very odd, I thought.

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 16:05 - 13 Apr 2017    Post subject: Re: S/H bike prices and other ramblings Reply with quote

jjdugen wrote:
So, where are all the personal finance trade ins?

On a lorry to Europe, is my theory.

iooi
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:28 - 13 Apr 2017    Post subject: Re: S/H bike prices and other ramblings Reply with quote

jjdugen wrote:

So, where are all the personal finance trade ins? There should be a good supply of them by now, the scheme has been very successful for at least the last four years if not longer.

Well without some figures to say. How can you tell?

Could be that the vast majority keep them.

andys675
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:36 - 13 Apr 2017    Post subject: Re: S/H bike prices and other ramblings Reply with quote

jjdugen wrote:

So, where are all the personal finance trade ins? There should be a good supply of them by now, the scheme has been very successful for at least the last four years if not longer.

just doesn't happen, the GMFV or balloon payment is often less than the market value as per your title, PCP gets to the end and bike gets traded in same as normal and PCP settled like HP, the only thing I've noticed is the next bike they take on PCP doesn't have as big a deposit or no deposit at all, so at the end there will be no equity leaving no deposit for the third full term PCP

Wafer_Thin_Ham
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:40 - 13 Apr 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

New bike prices are going up. This props up the used market. Pound is also weak compared to the Euro meaning that a lot of bikes are still ending up in Europe (Poland mainly).

Suntan Sid
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:29 - 13 Apr 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Second hand bikes and cars here in Cyprus are way overpriced compared to the UK.
I imported my FZ1 and Tracey imported her Smart Roadster from the UK, taking into account the import cost and duty, we could easily sell them for a good profit.
When I was collecting the bike from customs, there were bikes and cars, sitting in the car park, fresh off the boat, still with the UK plates on, with Cypriot "For Sale" signs stuck on 'em.
There are plenty of firms here offering to buy and import your choice of second hand bike or car from the UK!
03 CBR 600 This post is not being displayed because it has a low rating (Off Topic). Unhide this post / all posts.

andyscooter
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:12 - 17 Apr 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

three different threads about this wrecked cbr

I will say the same as the others said

don't buy a fucked bike if you have no clue how to work on them
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

ScaredyCat
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:47 - 17 Apr 2017    Post subject: Re: S/H bike prices and other ramblings Reply with quote

03 CBR 600 wrote:
Hey my name is Ronnie

Pickering...

Wafer_Thin_Ham
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 10:50 - 17 Apr 2017    Post subject: Re: S/H bike prices and other ramblings Reply with quote

ScaredyCat wrote:
03 CBR 600 wrote:
Hey my name is Ronnie

Pickering...

Who the fuck's that?

Evil Hans
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:12 - 17 Apr 2017    Post subject: Re: S/H bike prices and other ramblings Reply with quote

03 CBR 600 wrote:
Hey my name is Ronnie trying to find some ppl talk to for opinions on wat I should pay for it its my second bike I can ride snuff to stay alive but always worked on cars not bike I think I found a really good deal on a wrecked cbr600 f4i

Stop hijacking other people's threads with this and START A NEW TOPIC. FFS.

arry
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:21 - 17 Apr 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

andyscooter wrote:
three different threads about this wrecked cbr

I will say the same as the others said

don't buy a fucked bike if you have no clue how to work on them

Or, if you can't work out how a forum works, just die.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 7 years ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1