BCF: Bike Chat Forums

best and worst thing you bought for your bike

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic : View next topic  

MarJay
But it's British!

PostPosted: 09:21 - 19 Apr 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Best? Magura hydraulic clutch conversion for the Buell.

Worst: Rotary steering damper for the FireBlade I had. Put it on for a couple of days, then removed it. It removed all feel from the bike.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

zark
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 11:24 - 19 Apr 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Best: ACF50, cheapo RST rain suit, gallons of cheap supermarket oil

Worst; tank bag with only couple of magnets to hold it on. Tried to fly off the YBR coz of the raised filler cap. And USB charger. Worked fine but never used it as couldn't be arsed having to disconnect a wire from my pocket every time i got off the bike.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Hong Kong Phooey
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:55 - 19 Apr 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Best, by a long way - pr4's.

Worst, shitty eBay £11 LED indicators. Tried to return them but even the seller didn't want them back, so just got refunded and kept them.

mrmistoffelee...
Nova Slayer

PostPosted: 13:25 - 19 Apr 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Best, umm my new bike now it's all fixed..... or failing that my new hein gericke summer jacket/ or new HJC helmet.

Worstest: my first crash helmet, nitro flip up job or the t30 tailpack that i bought for my old bike, fitted it, decided it looked shit and then put it in the garage

Nexus Icon
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:37 - 19 Apr 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Best: Bar end mirrors. I can finally see behind me!

Worst: Dominator headlights. Yes, they may look marginally better than the droopy, "I've had a stroke", standard lamp but I didn't realize quite how many people have them until I fitted some - plus they're shit.

waffles
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:17 - 19 Apr 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Best - PR3's and Supersprox rear sprocket.

Worst - one of those cramp buster things. Was advertised to fit all bike didn't all bikes.

ackack
Nitrous Nuisance

PostPosted: 18:24 - 19 Apr 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Best - A booster plug

Worst - Dunlop tyres, my first and ever lowside in 9 years of riding.

Arfa__
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 02:09 - 20 Apr 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Motorhate wrote:
Arfa__ wrote:
Best: Nautilus Stebel Air Horn - proper loud and has saved my bacon on many occasions from dosy idiots about to head into my path.

Mine lasted about three weeks before it packed up, never to work again. Was really pissed off about it too as it wasn't cheap. Apparently it's a common fault with them.

Oh right, never knew they had a common fault. Had mine on several years now, still going strong. Though I noticed there's one sold under a different name here, that looks very similar, as there're not so readily available to buy in the UK anymore.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

wr6133
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:05 - 20 Apr 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

MarJay wrote:

Worst: Rotary steering damper for the FireBlade I had. Put it on for a couple of days, then removed it. It removed all feel from the bike.

GPR?

I like mine though it's annoying I can't mount my little yoke mount satnav bag because of it.

redeem ouzzer
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:25 - 20 Apr 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Best. - Scottoiler on my GSXR1100. I'd always hated these things, thought they were for sad bastards who wear hi viz and ride like they are trying to pass their test. But I was wrong. I find myself going for rides just to enjoy the scottoiler.

Worst - single seat cover for the above. Looks cool but vibrates and makes it impossible to put on the paddock stand as a one man job.

Hawkeye1250FA
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:47 - 20 Apr 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Best : PR4s or the steibel airhorn

Worst : rainpal / space invaders tank protector

Shinigami
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:16 - 21 Apr 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

fz6
Best: Scorpion cans

worst: Chain oiler (have since removed)

GPZ
Best: Suspension replacement (would have failed MOT without)
Worst: nothing so far, everythings been put on to fix it

Enduro Numpty
Could Be A Chat Bot

PostPosted: 18:55 - 21 Apr 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Best: Garmin Sat Nav

Worst: Garmin Sat Nav

Great at times, Absolute shite on (lots of) occasion(s) Cool Shocked

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:42 - 21 Apr 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Enduro Numpty wrote:

Oh great, typical! This is just what I need to hear, having just bought one.
In what way have you found it to be shite?
I'm only planning on using mine for navigation in towns, and to get from one region to another, not for exploring the regions I'm actually interested in.
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
THERE'S MILLIONS OF CHICKENSTRIPS OUT THERE!

Enduro Numpty
Could Be A Chat Bot

PostPosted: 20:09 - 21 Apr 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:
Enduro Numpty wrote:

Oh great, typical! This is just what I need to hear, having just bought one.
In what way have you found it to be shite?
I'm only planning on using mine for navigation in towns, and to get from one region to another, not for exploring the regions I'm actually interested in.

Oops!!

The good:
Absolutely brilliant for getting from A to B if you don't care about the route and it does take some bizarre routes. Generally brilliant in cities - has guided me to many city centre locations that I would never have attempted without it. Anything that can talk me through Istanbul traffic can't be all bad.

The Bad:
Making up pre-planned routes using numerous way points. This is where it's absolute shite. I've tried numerous times to pre-plan routes on our small computer that we lug around on holiday. The route looks good on the computer and on the Sat Nav in the hotel but it generally all goes tits up at some point. By this, I mean it just ceases to show the route and "Emily" can no longer be heard calmly issuing instructions. Last year things were going well heading over a nice pass heading for Switzerland from France. Route on the Garmin and road we were on stopped matching up and eventually the route disappeared. We ended up in Italy and had an unplanned trip through the Mont Blanc tunnel which wasn't so bad but it wasn't the intended route. This happens regularly and it can be a real pain in the arse. Rode for 7 hours in Bosnia heading for Montenegro and ended up less than 30 miles from Mostar where we started due to it losing the plot.

I have to confess that this type of technology isn't my strong point but I've spent a lot of time on it and according to my tech savvy adult kids I'm doing nothing wrong.

This year I'll definitely be taking it but I'll have lots of individual destinations rather than complicated routes full of way points. Also buying maps for first time in years Wink Evil or Very Mad

stevo as b4
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:10 - 21 Apr 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

For my 125, the best thing so far I've bought for it is a fully adjustable Wilbers shock.

The worst thing, was the Oxford battery charger that broke, and then the replacement that exploded my battery.

The cheap plastic oil containers for pre-mixing arnt much cop either.

Hoping to balance it out with some good stuff soon like the stainless exhaust and programmable ignition when it's finally installed.

Glad my old ZX6R isn't still here to see the amount of cash I'm spunking all over a learner bike.

talkToTheHat
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 03:45 - 25 Apr 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to say fender externders are so good I forget about them. On the 535 i fitted one and it stopped the coils getting soaked with salty water during the winter rain, the bandit came with one and i haven't dared remove it. PR4s feel a bit slow steering but they surpass every expectation I have of wet grip and last well.

myvision
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 11:57 - 25 Apr 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Best: A tank bag so i can fit all my shit in there instead of my pockets hangs on well it hasn't slid about. (yet).

Worst: Satnav mount that fits the bars. Without much force the mounting bracket broke whilst tightening it up.

Liam_
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:12 - 25 Apr 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Worst Thing:
Stadium Pal, used as a piss bag on the bike.
https://www.stadiumpal.com/product/stadium-pal-kit/

Best Thing:
Sena 20S bluetooth
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 6 years, 361 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2