BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Land Rover discovery or freelander

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic : View next topic  

Northern Monkey
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:01 - 14 Apr 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just put a roof box on the Picasso. You can get a lot of shit in a Picasso if you take the seats out

diesel dog
Renault 5 Driver

PostPosted: 13:07 - 14 Apr 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just for comparison. I had a 2007 Honda CRV and then dumped that off and then bought a BM'er 530i saloon. All our camping gear I could cram into the CRV with the seats down was easily put in the BM'er.

That was an 8 berth tent, porch, windbreakers, tables, patio chairs, cooker, gas bottles, inflatable bed & sofa and so much more inc 2 people, our dog, his bed, etc.

The only handy thing about the Honda is that it had it's own picnic table, was derv and returned at least 40mpg no matter how hard I peddled it.

stevo as b4
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:46 - 14 Apr 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

IMO you'd have to really need the 4wd and or have the need to tow large braked trailers to make a 4x4 or soft roader viable or necessary for most people that just drive on the road and do the miles, while needing good economy and car like driving comfort and handling.

An estate or MPV is much more useful for most people, and paying extra to run something with 4wd and the additional tyre wear and fuel consumption is pointless for alot of people.

These 4wd estate cars like Subaru's, and more classy premium choices like Audi all roads etc, will go as far off road as 90% of most road users ever will too.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

growler
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 21:51 - 19 Apr 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well ended up with a 2 litre turbo zafira😳 Nice car huge boot for the dogs and easily pull a 6x4 twin axle trailer
Feel it was a good deal for quite a lot of car and the only real change to running costs is the tax
But typically for a private buyer it now after 4 days won't recognise the key has been removed from the ignition! Found to be a common fault and just Sod's law
Hopefully an easy diy fix remove barrel and clean
Even if we do have to pay to get it fixed it was cheaper than the budget so have some money for this

growler
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 21:42 - 21 Apr 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fixed it with a clean and some fine sand paper Thumbs Up
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 6 years, 342 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2