Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Kawi 125 eliminator HELP!!!! LOSING MY MIND!!!!

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop
View previous topic : View next topic  

rickoshay93
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 20:19 - 21 Apr 2017    Post subject: Kawi 125 eliminator HELP!!!! LOSING MY MIND!!!! Reply with quote

Hi Guys!! sorry for the rant, basically i own a kawi 125a8 eliminator cruiser, lovely bike, dont want to get rid, but, i have a weird issue that no mechanic i have seen can figure out without having to take it off road for 3 months and do nothing! i need it for work and everything,

basically long stopry short, when i start the bike it starts perfectly, let her warm up, then i flick it into 1st and start pulling off, now the issue arrises as soon as i start moving where i have to either have the full beam lights on and tap the front break or just tap the front break, the bike loses all power, it revs up then drops like the bike has been turned off during moving, then when i tap the break it jumps back up to the rev it was and works fine, just my fingers get numb after a few miles, eventually the problem stops and i can ride it freely without any problem, then when i come to start it again and move off it does it all over again! its difficult to explain.
i have gone over the entire wiring harness and everything is perfect, i have replaced some plugs that had corroded away and there isnt an issue with that, its a new gel battery in it and its fully charged, no charging loss either so it is charging the battery, checked over the relays and things and they all seem to look fine no corrosion what so ever, i have removed the kick stand safety switch as i had been told to do by a mechanic, and that didnt solve the problem, theres no idea anywhere and i cant even find a video on utube explaining it or showing someone else with the problem!!! urgent help please!!! :'(
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 20:25 - 21 Apr 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/2/26/Plonk.png

WD Forte
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:28 - 21 Apr 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brake

Teflon-Mike
tl;dr

PostPosted: 12:07 - 22 Apr 2017    Post subject: Re: Kawi 125 eliminator HELP!!!! LOSING MY MIND!!!! Reply with quote

rickoshay93 wrote:
where i have to either have the full beam lights on and tap the front break or just tap the front break, the bike loses all power, it revs up then drops like the bike has been turned off

So, bike running and on it's stand, NOT moving.

1/What happens when you turn the headlight on?
2/Headlight 'off'; What happens when you pull front rake lever?
3/ Headlight 'off'; What happens when you press back brake pedal?
Do brake lights come on, as they should? Does engine 'die' when brake light turned 'on'?
Repeat 2 & 3 headlight 'on'
Next set of tests would be best done on a center stand, the back wheel off the floor, so you can put it in gear, as if you were riding it and repeat above. Do you have access to a padock stand/couple of car axle stands/pile of bricks?

Assumption is that if the engine bogs and dies when the brake is applied, that the brake lamp switch, and you have two, one on each brake lever/pedal, is redirecting the electric that should be going to the sparks, rather than sending fresh electrics to the light bulb; you have a short circuit 'some-where'... so try and elmnate the variable's a bit.

Then get a wiring diagram & a multi-meter, and work LOGCALLY
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Baggyman
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 15:01 - 22 Apr 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

What TM said.

somewhere in the wiring for the brake switches/lights.

Is it just on the front brake or also when you hit the back brake?

Try unplugging each in turn to see if it goes away.

Try connecting the unplugged wires manually to see if it is in the wiring or the unit

Write it all down and take photos Smile
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 7 years ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1