BCF: Bike Chat Forums

How To Progress

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> New Bikers Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic : View next topic  

LongRoad
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 15:14 - 22 Apr 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, went out and completed my CBT today, so I'm now the proud holder of the certificate!

Managed to finally get over my fear of the front brake. Not gonna lie, it did take me a while today, but now I feel comfortable with it. Was on some unfamiliar roads which were a bit nervy cos they were twisty turny and some very tight bends. Once I got on to the roads I know, round where I live, I felt much more confident.

I know I still have a lot to work on, especially going down steep hills and trying to get my speed up a bit more. I did love being out and about, more the bits on the roads I know. I think that's just familiarity.

As fun as it was, the 125 does feel rather...rickety. While riding down a particularly poor surfaced road, I felt every little bump and it put me off a bit. While on a dual carriageway, an oil tanker passed and I felt a bit wobbly.

I definitely do want to progress. My instructor is quite keen on all his students getting a 125 to practise on. I'm still torn on it. I can see his point and think that it probably would be a good idea to get used to riding on the road. On the other hand, I'm not a fan of how they feel on the road, plus I don't know if I could be arsed locating one, buying it, insuring it and then getting rid of it again.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 6 years, 360 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> New Bikers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2