50%  [ 2 ]
no
50%
 50%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 4

adamw666
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 01:18 - 25 Apr 2017    Post subject: bike build Reply with quote

hi im adam im looking to build a bike this year for something to do with my spare time i have alot of spare time and looking to fill up that spare time with a project im 15 never built a bike before but im looking to invest alot of time and some money into a little bike build let me know if its worth doing or is a far stretch.

thanks.

Baggyman
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 07:41 - 25 Apr 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Depends.

how much money are you prepared to throw at it?

what experience have you got? What have you mechaniced on before? What practical stuff generally?

Who do you know with skills/experience who will show you stuff or help you with a problem?

What access to tools/garage space do you have?

Suntan Sid
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 08:27 - 25 Apr 2017    Post subject: Re: bike build Reply with quote

adamw666 wrote:
hi im adam im looking to build a bike this year........................... let me know if its worth doing or is a far stretch.

I assume your surname's not aarons and I assume you mean re-build a bike, using an old one as your starting point and not build one from scratch.
As you've posted in the offroad section then it's more than likely you'd be looking at a single cylinder bike, which immediately cuts down the complexity level of engine building, even more so if it's a 2 stroke.
It's not a particularly difficult thing to do, but to do it well takes time and effort. If you simply want to get something up and running it could take minutes, it could take weeks.
Money, space, time, tools, logic and patience are all you need!
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 6 years, 339 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Offroad & Supermoto All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1