Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

BCF Track day Attendance 2017:

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Racing & Trackdays Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

skatefreak
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:45 - 10 Apr 2017    Post subject: BCF Track day Attendance 2017: Reply with quote

Right ya anti social sods.
Lets start up a post, anyone doing a track day give a shout and maybe others off the BCF will be attending as well?!
Track days are always better when there's a cuppa T and good company (bring a cup, we've got kettles/gennys...)

Last edited by skatefreak on 11:54 - 10 Apr 2017; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

skatefreak
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:52 - 10 Apr 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll go first then....
Will be attending,

15'thApril -> Bedford AutoDrome.
24'th April -> Snetterton (evening).
1'st May -> Bedford AutoDrome.

Anyone likely to be about, let us know. There's got to be some track addicts out there...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

MattJ
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 02:00 - 22 Apr 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll be at Bedford on 1st May with my brother. Look out for a green ZX6R and a yellow K1 GSXR1000.

chrisdubya
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 20:22 - 24 Apr 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oulton 24th June for me Smile black and silver R1 5pw

skatefreak
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:12 - 24 Apr 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just got back from snetterton. Not a happy chappy...
Waste of half a day,holiday from work, 2 hours + driving and £45 track fee.
Couldn't be helped, someone emptied their tank/crank case of the track 'shrugs'.... but am still pissed.
Red flag on 4'th corner first session (sighting laps).
red flag on 5'th corner second session.
Track closed for an hour and then sent home...
No word yet if there will be any discount/refund:::

Will quit my whining now...

Let's hope we can fit in more than 3 minutes track time next Monday at beds (O_o)...

skatefreak
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:59 - 25 Apr 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

£45 credit given for anyone interested.

In all fairness, last night is not representative of the average track day experience, fair play to MSV for giving credit towards another booking.

MattJ, will see you on the 1'st, will be on a white/blue GSXR 600 K1 (orange wheel of course) with a bud on a green ZX6R Very Happy.

Conzar
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:17 - 25 Apr 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ill be interest if you do any at donnington/mallory
11:05:35 Rob Fzs: i just wanna own an rd350 valve before they send us to war with durkadurkastan

skatefreak
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:42 - 18 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Snetterton 29'th May (no Limits).

May get some pix/vid up from Siverstone, ended up in novice group.. Ohh dear lordy we should not have been in novice.
Appologies to anyone I may have spooked *grins*.

NooBish-AbbZ
Nova Slayer

PostPosted: 21:24 - 18 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, couple of weeks until my first track day (june 3rd (or 4th?) at Oulton Park Novice Only day, followed by a day at RAF Benson on the airfield on July 15th Smile New front tyre last week which has been scrubbed in but getting a little nervous to be honest :p

chrisdubya
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 13:45 - 19 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

NooBish-AbbZ wrote:
So, couple of weeks until my first track day (june 3rd (or 4th?) at Oulton Park Novice Only day, followed by a day at RAF Benson on the airfield on July 15th Smile New front tyre last week which has been scrubbed in but getting a little nervous to be honest :p

Oulton is brilliant. Take your time to learn the track - it took me until lunch time to start getting confident. Enjoy!

redeem ouzzer
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:46 - 01 Jun 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Currently booked -

June 24th / 25th Classic bike trackday weekender - Cadwell

July 15th - Cadwell MSVT

September 22nd - Cadwell MSVT (pre 1992)

Fancy booking MSVT at Oulton, i'm assured it's awesome.

chrisdubya
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 21:07 - 01 Jun 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oulton 24th June 😊

Bozzy
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 23:02 - 01 Jun 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm hoping to do at least one track day this year. Hopefully more. What do you guys do about insurance? Do you get track day insurance or do you wing it? Would your insurer give cover for an extra fee?

Apologies for all the questions!

skatefreak
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:15 - 01 Jun 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Insurance? Get a track dedicated bike...
Sounds a bit over the top but it will all make perfect sense after your first 3 track days or so...

I thought 'ahhh just one or two' last year which became 6 in 3 months (about every 2 weeks) and have had to settle with one a month Sad

Don't take a shiny bike... did that with my R1 once... 1/10. Do not reccomend compared to something you don't mind chucking...

redeem ouzzer
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:15 - 01 Jun 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bozzy wrote:
I'm hoping to do at least one track day this year. Hopefully more. What do you guys do about insurance? Do you get track day insurance or do you wing it? Would your insurer give cover for an extra fee?

Apologies for all the questions!

Don't bother with insurance personally. But then I take a bike that I use 80% on track, and if it all goes tits up I have a loft full of spares.

Bozzy
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 07:38 - 03 Jun 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the replies guys.

I'd love to have a track day only bike but it isn't possible. In an ideal world an old gsxr stuck in a van or on a trailer would be great though, and certainly a better option than using my roadbike.

The odd track day appeals so I can open the bike up more and enjoy the handling without fear of being caught by the police or deaded by a tractor. Hopefully the odd track day will make me a better road rider as well. I certainly don't want to be the next Rossi chasing those last tenths.

Which brings me back to track day insurance. There's obviously a certain risk element on a track day and I think having insurance to cover me would be sensible. I'm not well off enough to chuck my bike down the track and write it off without cover.

Cheers, Bozzy.

chrisdubya
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 07:47 - 03 Jun 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's a few companies offer it, although I'm not sure how expensive it is and if they screw you with excesses should you need to claim. Bemoto do it I think and I've heard they're good to deal with.

I was in the same boat, so I bought some second hand track fairings for £130 and used them in case I slid off. It's always a risk though, and this won't prevent it cartwheeling if it hits the gravel but will protect you from minor crash damage.

Have you thought about hiring a bike? Doesn't work out too much more expensive once you factor in tyres, fuel, insurance or fairings

robertw95
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 11:31 - 03 Jun 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone at cadwell next week myself and a mate racing aintree next saturday then monday tuesday wednesday at cadwell with no limits

skatefreak
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:52 - 13 Jun 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Snetterton this Sunday (18'th).
Looks like I'll be going solo, buddy chucked his zx6 (at snetts ironically) so is unlikely to be attending.
Getting quicker on Corams Laughing (there's a reason my Go-Pro obscures my view of the speedo Laughing). I dread to think what BSB speeds are like round this corner Shocked

https://cdn.bcf.44bytes.net/files/8fdd5850-0bde-4953-8c88-9b5e9c7be73e.jpg

Ilfenesh Hadera
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 00:12 - 15 Jun 2017    Post subject: Scary Reply with quote

That picture looks scary lol.

Suntan Sid
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:44 - 15 Jun 2017    Post subject: Re: Scary Reply with quote

Ilfenesh Hadera wrote:
That picture looks scary lol.

Oh dear, yet another troll, no doubt!

NooBish-AbbZ
Nova Slayer

PostPosted: 10:10 - 16 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just got back from Benson track day. Weather started off pretty bleak, first session wet, second session we had a dry line, all was going well, and then it rained again for a good hour or so. Organisers bought lunch forward to start at around half 11ish while the rain was at it's worst(Though this wasn't communicated very well) But then after lunch, really brightened up, no more rain throughout the day but not a huge amount of sun so took a good couple of sessions to burn off. Last session, not sure what happened, but we as novices got 40 minutes with no red flags Very Happy I believe inters and/or advanced joined us on track as quite a lot had headed home by that point.

The layout... Interesting to say the least Surprised Lots of changes of surface, and due to the taxiways being used, a hell of a lot of slipping early on in the day with the rain across the painted lines. They'd removed most of the cats-eyes (which are far bigger than motorway cat's eyes) though they'd left a couple in after the first double apex left hander which wasn't really an issue, but equally, they'd removed lots of others i feel like they could have removed those last 2.

Generally I quite enjoyed the layout to be fair, although there were two changes of surface in particularly awkward places. One in quite a tight left hander, which opened up massively onto a decent length straight, changing from concrete to tarmac, and at the end of the runway coming into another relatively tight left hander changing from one type of tarmac to another type of tarmac. Not as bad as the first change, but still something to be aware of. Piano keys at the start of the straight are a nightmare aswell. Even in the dry at the end of the day i had wheelspin on them Sad Very slippy all day long.

To be fair, a decent day and I am absolutely knackered. Think I actually got the bike over a little further than i did at Oulton, despite the surface apparently being less grippy Smile No noise-testing Wink and saw quite a few instructors with various students throughout the day. All in all, not bad for a £75 trackday, not bad at all Smile Hopefully have some pictures once the photographer gets them up Smile

MarJay
But it's British!

PostPosted: 12:03 - 09 Aug 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm doing a double Cadwell 21st and 22nd of August, and a Snetterton 300 on the bank Holiday Monday 28th.

As far as I know I'm doing the Cadwell ones on my own. Anyone else on here booked on them?

Dave V4
Nitrous Nuisance

PostPosted: 01:14 - 12 Aug 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

MarJay wrote:
I'm doing a double Cadwell 21st and 22nd of August, and a Snetterton 300 on the bank Holiday Monday 28th.

As far as I know I'm doing the Cadwell ones on my own. Anyone else on here booked on them?

I don't know how you do 2 days on the trot tbh, I was at cadwell yesterday and even with loads of red flags the morning I'm still knackered, my legs were even cramping up in the last session lol. fair play to you fella, for me atleast old(ish) age sucks!

notabikeranym...
Formerly known as
meef

PostPosted: 01:14 - 13 Aug 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just booked brands hatch indy for 22nd Aug. First track day so novice group with all the slow wobbly folk (probably me included for at the first few laps/sessions tbh).
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 6 years, 229 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Racing & Trackdays All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2