Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Pluse adrenaline 125 2012 model

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop
View previous topic : View next topic  

Parky
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 18:58 - 25 Apr 2017    Post subject: Pluse adrenaline 125 2012 model Reply with quote

Hi I'm new to this site I have bought a pluse adrenaline 125 and I know now that was a mistake but I'm stuck with it for a bit now can anybody help me in sourceing a big bore kit for it or any other way of making it go faster I have done the exhaust the air filter don't fancy playing with the gearing would like to fit a bigger barrel and piston if it posssible but can't seem to find one

Fisty
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:20 - 25 Apr 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sell it.
Buy a faster bike.
??????
Profit.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Bozzy
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 21:20 - 25 Apr 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Save your time/money and get your A2 licence done as soon as you can. Get an A2 bike.

pepperami
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:30 - 25 Apr 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Throw it off a very high cliff, it'll go bloody fast on the way down and no mods needed Thumbs Up

Paulf
Nova Slayer

PostPosted: 21:49 - 25 Apr 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I assume you have am A1 licence already if not and you fit a big bore kit ok best it might give you a little speed, but you have a accident the insurance assessor will look for a big bore kit and cancel your insurance. Best outcome you get 3 points for no valid insurance. Worst is paying out for a damaged car and the unlucky person you hit losses. If you don't believe me ask your insurance because your insurance is only valid for a stock bike and any modifications you tell them.
Past bikes simsom mofa 1s, suzuki hustler 250 (£35 in 1973), suzuki ts125k, mz150, yamaha yb 100, honda pc50, honda vision 50, all 2 stroke - then cars - honda pcx 125 (sold) own honda fes 125 and Mrs 125 spares or repairs. Started 1972 all accidents walked away no insurAnce claims
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Parky
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 22:16 - 25 Apr 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paulf wrote:
I assume you have am A1 licence already if not and you fit a big bore kit ok best it might give you a little speed, but you have a accident the insurance assessor will look for a big bore kit and cancel your insurance. Best outcome you get 3 points for no valid insurance. Worst is paying out for a damaged car and the unlucky person you hit losses. If you don't believe me ask your insurance because your insurance is only valid for a stock bike and any modifications you tell them.
sorry I forgot to mention that I have been riding since I was eight years old and past my full motorbike test when I was 17 I've had a number of bikes including a bandit 1200 with stage two kit on I've been off my bikes for abit so lost all my no clam so thought I would get something cheap to play on at the week end by the way I'm 35 now

Paulf
Nova Slayer

PostPosted: 22:46 - 25 Apr 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am glad you have a full licence it is hard on a forum to know the others background. My advice about declaring the big bore kit to the insurance remains because they like getting out of paying.

The pro of fitting a big bore kit is about 10-15 mph.

The cons increase fuel consumption reduction in main and big end bearing life, possible need a new exhaust.

Malossi and tangeka (sorry could be spelt wrong) both have good and bad reviews. Do not know if they do a kit for the pulse. I think riding a 21st century 125 is much slower than a 125 2 stroke of my youth in the 1970's. The ideal would be a 60 mph all day with capability up to 70mph when required for dual carriageway like my future commute on the a38. The honda pcx 125 previous commuter bike barely made 60 mph and lorries are governed to 58 mph. So I can see why you would want a little more speed. If you decide on going the route of big bore try not to go to the max look at the approximately 150-170. I think I read of a 212cc big bore not sure if that's for 125 but costs approx £1000. For that money I personally would get a 250cc on full licence.
Past bikes simsom mofa 1s, suzuki hustler 250 (£35 in 1973), suzuki ts125k, mz150, yamaha yb 100, honda pc50, honda vision 50, all 2 stroke - then cars - honda pcx 125 (sold) own honda fes 125 and Mrs 125 spares or repairs. Started 1972 all accidents walked away no insurAnce claims
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 22:53 - 25 Apr 2017    Post subject: Re: Pluse adrenaline 125 2012 model Reply with quote

Parky wrote:
I'm stuck with it for a bit

Were you cursed by a gypsy?

Don't spend a penny on it that you don't absolutely have to. Get rid of it at the earliest possible opportunity.

If you think Chinese 125s are cheap to insure, I can only assume that you didn't do comparative quotes against... well, pretty much any other bikes.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 6 years, 339 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1