Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Wales MotoGP track gets the go ahead

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Biking News & Rumours Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

wristjob
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:15 - 28 Apr 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

thats just 64 pages of some guy saying "dont give HOV any more money"
and concluding that the money they have "invested"is unlikely to see a return.
to quote southpark "its gone"
https://youtu.be/UJ5NWSqKzoo

Going
Nearly there...

PostPosted: 04:31 - 29 Apr 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogerborg wrote:

Wow, that Michael Carrick comes across as a right Grima Wormtongue. His face when "BMW World" was thrown at him. Laughing

Oh come on, you can't say something like this and not post the exact time of it. I don't have time to watch Big Brother Channel of propaganda.

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 07:28 - 29 Apr 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Going wrote:
Rogerborg wrote:

Wow, that Michael Carrick comes across as a right Grima Wormtongue. His face when "BMW World" was thrown at him. Laughing

Oh come on, you can't say something like this and not post the exact time of it. I don't have time to watch Big Brother Channel of propaganda.

@ 22:45.

Even allowing for 'reality' editing, he's clearly flummoxed.

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 14:39 - 17 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aaaand kick the can down the road again.

Decision delayed for "a final few weeks", i.e. we'll tell you to GTFO on June 9th.

This thread title just gets funnier all the time.

c_dug
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:27 - 17 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Comedy genius I am Very Happy

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 11:17 - 25 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welch academic (i.e. paid from the public purse) says fund it, it'll create 3,000 jobs long term even if it fails. Eh?

@£27K each (average full time salary), I make that £81 million in projected annual income, plus the materials and asset depreciation costs. Let's call it a round £100 million a year, or £274,000 a day, each day, every day, 7 days a week, 52 weeks a year, summer, winter, Christmas day.

Sounds legit. Economists. Rolling Eyes

But wait! If it's not built in Wales... the weasel Scotch will steal it!

6,000 jobs and £50 million in that article, so £8333 per job, if they spend nothing maintaining the track or facilities.

Thing is, the SNP probably are daft enough to fund it with my tax money. Pale

Build it in Wales! Build it now! Praying

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 10:27 - 28 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

TVR are bawwing because they're buying a factory near the proposed track site.

More fools them, I reckon.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 10:45 - 28 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

TVR still exist? Confused

Howling Terror
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:36 - 28 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm disappointed ....with myself for thinking this could ever happen. Embarassed
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:06 - 28 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

To hell with a MotoGP track in Wales. What Wales (and the whole of the UK) needs is road racing!
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
THERE'S MILLIONS OF CHICKENSTRIPS OUT THERE!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Suntan Sid
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:28 - 28 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:
To hell with a MotoGP track in Wales. What Wales (and the whole of the UK) needs is road racing!

Not sure about that, real Road racing is restricted to, relatively, difficult to get to places in the UK and Ireland, consequently ChavscumBykelifeMcfuckwits don't attend!
They would however be attending any, (insert location of your choice), road races. There will also be an army of nimbys hell bent on disrupting the events!
Despite what the politicians said it'll never happen, too many hand wringers, kitten protectionists and chavscum will ensure it, which, IMO, won't necessarily be a bad thing!

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:09 - 28 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Suntan Sid wrote:
chickenstrip wrote:

Not sure about that, real Road racing is restricted to, relatively, difficult to get to places in the UK and Ireland, consequently ChavscumBykelifeMcfuckwits don't attend!
They would however be attending any, (insert location of your choice), road races. There will also be an army of nimbys hell bent on disrupting the events!

Lay down and give up mentality Tut Tut
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Suntan Sid
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:35 - 28 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Surely part of the awesomeness of the TT or the NW etc. is the journey to get there, this at least weeds out the vast majority of window licking chavscum!

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:03 - 28 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

The TT won't be any less exclusive unless they decide to build a bridge across to the IoM. I take the view that you eliminate chav scum, not stop everyone else from doing the things they threaten.

https://www.goldismoney2.com/attachments/20534/

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 16:10 - 28 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

M.C wrote:

Owned by the Russian mob legitimate businessmen, aren't they?

Suntan Sid
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:38 - 28 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

The TT and the Irish races are good, they're even better because of where they take place.
I can't believe, in this day and age, that any road racing organised on the mainland will allow spectators to be dangling there feet over a grassy bank, within inches of a 200mph racing bike, a la Cronk-y-voddy!
The only reason they get away with it in the IOM and Ireland is "tradition"!
The armies of, whiny, H&S freaks will not allow it at a new venue, you'll need a pair of, bleedin, binoculars to see anything!
Remember, 'nanny knows best', you need to be saved from yourself, but most of all fun is 'verboten', in our 'strong and stable', austere, brave new world!

In other news, motorbikes to be banned sometime soon! Wink

Wafer_Thin_Ham
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:13 - 28 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogerborg wrote:
M.C wrote:

Owned by the Russian mob legitimate businessmen, aren't they?

You mean the same pepole financing CoW?

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 20:13 - 28 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm pretty sure that the only people who will ever put their own money into financing the CoW are the Welch taxpayers.

Like, both of them.

almostthere
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 21:35 - 28 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

thought TVR had been bought back into English hands from the Russian mafia Confused

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 21:52 - 28 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

almostthere wrote:
thought TVR had been bought back into English hands from the Russian mafia Confused

Looks like you're right - even the legitimate businessmen couldn't find a way to turn any profit on it. Sad

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:45 - 28 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogerborg wrote:
even the legitimate businessmen couldn't find a way to turn any profit on it. Sad

Twice!
https://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/lancashire/6388109.stm

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 09:09 - 30 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kawasaki Jimbo wrote:
Rogerborg wrote:
even the legitimate businessmen couldn't find a way to turn any profit on it. Sad

Twice!
https://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/lancashire/6388109.stm

"TVR Phoenix"?

On Topic, talk of a Circuit of Scotchland intensifies.

<aww-HELL-no.jpg>

Strongly worded emails sent to all my MSPs.

[UPDATE] "We'll look into it" replies received. Nice try, but you're keeping it, Wales. Hand

arry
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:08 - 30 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
luxury car firm TVR

Heard it all now Laughing

Howling Terror
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:42 - 30 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Regarding RoadRacing on the mainland; Won't happen if what I'm hearing on RadioTT is true.
Expensive to enter unless you're in the top 30. H&S pressures each year... makes the IOMTT a modern day miracle.

Say for example some group managed to stage a Brit TT and the weather doesn't play ball, or someone complains that their business is suffering with road closures That'll be a loss that the promoters would find difficult to recover....and bikes are not that important to...well put it this way there is nobody at work who knew who Nicky Hayden was. Some have heard the name Rossi and 2 old boys have heard of the Dunlops. None have paid to see a motorcycle event.
Everyone knew who won the FA cup and everyone knows the name Lewis Hamilton.

World Superbike got relegated from EurosportHD to Quest TV in Vaseline Vision because the tennis was on. Neutral
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:42 - 30 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Howling Terror wrote:
nobody at work who knew who Nicky Hayden was.

It was disappointing how little coverage there was, maybe I missed it but I didn't even see a mention on the news, yet someone who once helped write a script on a show you've barely heard of from years ago gets coverage.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 6 years, 303 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Biking News & Rumours All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 6 of 9