Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

6' 6" Rider - Trousers

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> New Bikers
View previous topic : View next topic  

Totall90
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 23:01 - 23 Apr 2017    Post subject: 6' 6" Rider - Trousers Reply with quote

Hi all,

Really struggling to find some textile trousers to fit me.

Traditionally I am a 38 inch waist with a 34 inch inside leg. All seem to come up very short. Was hoping some fellow norml sized people could assist with some options for me to look at.

Many thanks.

chris-red
Have you considered a TDM?

PostPosted: 23:08 - 23 Apr 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm the same (well 6'5) but I wear 38/34

I have Halvarsons textiles, the girl in the shop said to me that Halvarsons fit proper sized people because they are Swedish(I think) she says all the Scandinavian brands are better for large folk.

Alpineandy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:16 - 24 Apr 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you visited one of the big bike gear places (like J&S) to see if they've got anything that fits?

Totall90
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 00:57 - 24 Apr 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alpineandy wrote:
Have you visited one of the big bike gear places (like J&S) to see if they've got anything that fits?

Yes and although I can get the waist to fit ok the legs always come up short.

Saraya
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 09:52 - 24 Apr 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hubby got his 34" Kevlar jeans from Bikers Paradise. I don't know if they have other gear in the same length though.

Alpineandy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:13 - 24 Apr 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Totall90 wrote:
Alpineandy wrote:
Yes and although I can get the waist to fit ok the legs always come up short.

You're unusual but not completely freak sized, so I'd expect any of the bigger shops to at least have something your size (even if it's not what you want Laughing ).
I'd have expected them to have one or two pairs in and the possibility they could get others in for you.

Roughly what area are you?
And which places have you visited?

Baggyman
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 12:52 - 24 Apr 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Longer boots?

Teflon-Mike
tl;dr

PostPosted: 13:34 - 24 Apr 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

^ That.

I'm 6'3".. 34, 36, dark brown eyes, almost full head of hair... oooh sorry wrong site Wink

LOL...At last you under-square proportioned folk don't have the 'rodeo-clown-pants' problems us under-square folk do! I can get trousers to (almost!) fit me in the leg, or I can get trousers to fit me in the waste, but never the twain shall meet!

I tend to either have the waste band some-where up under my arm-pits, or the bum banging just above my knees, with enough space for a Bangkok brothel between my thighs!! And STILL the bottom of the trousers climbs half-way up my thigh when I sit!

Tall-boots, are about the only solution I have ever come up with in thirty years!!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

chris-red

PostPosted: 14:57 - 24 Apr 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Teflon-Mike wrote:
^ That.

I'm 6'3".. 34, 36, dark brown eyes, almost full head of hair... oooh sorry wrong site Wink

LOL...At last you under-square proportioned folk don't have the 'rodeo-clown-pants' problems us under-square folk do! I can get trousers to (almost!) fit me in the leg, or I can get trousers to fit me in the waste, but never the twain shall meet!

I tend to either have the waste band some-where up under my arm-pits, or the bum banging just above my knees, with enough space for a Bangkok brothel between my thighs!! And STILL the bottom of the trousers climbs half-way up my thigh when I sit!

Tall-boots, are about the only solution I have ever come up with in thirty years!!

Did you ever try going to a motorcycle clothing shop and asking them? Because that is all I did to find textiles that fit.

It isn't like it is an impossible problem and to claim no solution after 30 years is insane. I got a 2 piece leather suit made to measure. It cost slightly more than a mid range suit at the time £700ish I think.

For textiles as I said I asked someone and was directed to Halvarssons. Rukka also sell gear measured by length. I'm sure there are other brands too.

Teflon-Mike
tl;dr

PostPosted: 15:48 - 24 Apr 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

chris-red wrote:
Did you ever try going to a motorcycle clothing shop and asking them? Because that is all I did to find textiles that fit.

I HAD a motorcycle clothing shop!
And a Swift 1-piece made-to-measure.
And I don't think I have bought a piece of motorcycle clothing 'on-line', like ever!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

chris-red

PostPosted: 18:06 - 24 Apr 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Teflon-Mike wrote:
chris-red wrote:

I HAD a motorcycle clothing shop!
And a Swift 1-piece made-to-measure.
And I don't think I have bought a piece of motorcycle clothing 'on-line', like ever!

Then how could tall boots be the only solution? Laughing

Totall90
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 21:06 - 24 Apr 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't like the idea that Long boots are the answer.

I'll persevere in the shops. rev'it appear to do some long leg options.

talkToTheHat
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:38 - 24 Apr 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think IXS do long leg options. Certainly I've had short leg options from IXS that were a nice fit.

Try also Hood jeans, they do upto 36" inside leg if you order direct.

Are Scott still trading? their website is OLD https://www.scottleathers.co.uk

Dave81
Derestricted Danger

PostPosted: 06:40 - 25 Apr 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Although they're not a great make, Amazon do a 36" leg motorbike trousers for about £40, I've got a pair which I've used through the winter and they've been great.

Alpineandy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:52 - 25 Apr 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

talkToTheHat wrote:
Are Scott still trading? their website is OLD https://www.scottleathers.co.uk

I know they did/do made to measure/custom leathers (like all the main riding leather companies) but did/do they also do MTM textiles?

Alpineandy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:37 - 26 Apr 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

These guys seem to offer longer leg options ; https://www.bikeweardirect.co.uk/

Yorkshire Geek
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 18:37 - 26 Apr 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

talkToTheHat wrote:
Try also Hood jeans, they do upto 36" inside leg if you order direct.

Second that. I'm 6'6" and wear their jeans. Plenty long enough even when in riding position.

Dave70
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:40 - 26 Apr 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

These https://www.motolegends.com/trousers/furygan-duke-trouser-black.html have and adjustable hem, so you can lengthen them.

2012: R125 killed by white van. 2016 R125 killed by 30,000 miles of redline. Current: 2016 Kawasaki ER6f.

mas101
Borekit Bruiser

PostPosted: 11:19 - 29 Apr 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're pretty much the same size as me.

I bought bullit jeans (long leg) from infinity bikes for £50 (clearance section of the web site) and a pair of fieldsheer leather trousers 40 Long on ebay for £40 (being slightly bigger means that I can get a back protector on that fits down over the coxyx).
Bullit seem to be a reputable brand, aramid lined.

I don't anything about fieldsheer but they were being sold by a dealer that was discontinuing the brand. They seem OK. knee/hip armour, comfortable.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 6 years, 335 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> New Bikers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1