Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

General Election: 8th June 2017

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 67, 68, 69  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 20:24 - 30 Apr 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lord Percy wrote:
Has anyone actually seen anything to do with Tory policy or pledges?

I saw another clip too where a Tory candidate on QT pretty much said, "Oh our policies will be published next week." Screams of 'rabbits in headlights' to me. The election was clearly called for other reasons, and now the Tory's lack of substance is showing fantastically.

All parties are telling people to wait until they've published their manifestos.

They're just testing the water right now. Seeing what policies and ideas of their own are popular with the public and seeing which policies and ideas from other parties are popular with the public and so worth adjusting slightly (or not at all) before claiming them as their own.

As to whether the election was clearly called for other reasons, there are new conspiracy theories every day about why the snap election has been called. Razz

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:31 - 30 Apr 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hate to appear to defend the Tories but if you Google the official Labour Party Manifesto right now you're merely invited to sign up to be the first to know. Meanwhile Corbyn is offering whatever you ask for, whatever you might like, with no idea how to deliver. In a TV "debate" he'd be making the same simplistic case and asking why the incumbent hasn't delivered the same. Those "shows" are a nonsense, however entertaining. Of course the media love them though.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Jewlio Rides Again LLB
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:34 - 30 Apr 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lord Percy wrote:
Jewlio Rides Again wrote:

What reasons have been given for the swing?

https://i.imgflip.com/1o6ckg.jpg

I suspect if opinions really have slipped, it's likely because the Tories have done naff all to show what people are voting for if they vote Tory, other than that they'd be voting 'Not Labour'.

Has anyone actually seen anything to do with Tory policy or pledges?

Here's an interesting clip from a recent Question Time event - https://www.facebook.com/RedLabour2016/videos/452903495046434/?pnref=story

I saw another clip too where a Tory candidate on QT pretty much said, "Oh our policies will be published next week." Screams of 'rabbits in headlights' to me. The election was clearly called for other reasons, and now the Tory's lack of substance is showing fantastically.

So there's no obvious reason for the swing, it's just happened?

Lord Percy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:59 - 30 Apr 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kawasaki Jimbo wrote:
I hate to appear to defend the Tories but if you Google the official Labour Party Manifesto right now you're merely invited to sign up to be the first to know. Meanwhile Corbyn is offering whatever you ask for, whatever you might like, with no idea how to deliver. In a TV "debate" he'd be making the same simplistic case and asking why the incumbent hasn't delivered the same. Those "shows" are a nonsense, however entertaining. Of course the media love them though.

Ha, shit, I didn't realise that.

Not long ago there was a list of pledges, which I took to be manifesto material. Can't find it now though.

I hereby backpedal.

Lord Percy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:02 - 30 Apr 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

So there's no obvious reason for the swing, it's just happened?

Lord Percy wrote:
I suspect if opinions really have slipped, it's likely because the Tories have done naff all to show what people are voting for if they vote Tory, other than that they'd be voting 'Not Labour'.

So it's been established that Labour don't have a manifesto either, which I think is poor form too. However there's still the difference in the fact that May's PR is weak as hell. The best she's managed is this kind of thing:

https://scontent-lht6-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/18157686_10207243989938073_41114486430480792_n.jpg?oh=7a16c2809259e7e96b0f9a992556e924&oe=598C4D62

So she can't even find a crowd to entertain.

I suspect this hasn't played in her favour at all.

Last edited by Lord Percy on 13:43 - 01 May 2017; edited 1 time in total

Jewlio Rides Again LLB
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:06 - 30 Apr 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

'Doing nothing' would not, I would think, result in a double digit drop in popularity.

I'd have expected her to be shooting the poor to warrant such a decline.
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

Jewlio Rides Again LLB
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:09 - 30 Apr 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 wrote:
The thing is, GB got ruined by a smear about him selling off the countries gold, as if he somehow did it because he was stupid.

If you look into the reasons why he did it, I think it was a terrible position he was put in, by the banks, and had to make a judgement call that protected the people who were at risk due to banks greed. /Capitalistscvm

Priceless! Where did you get that excuse from? Brown himself or the Guardian? Smile

"Browns Bottom". - warn the market before you dump gold to ensure the lowest price for the tax payer. Prick.

Telegraph?

Donk.

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 10:31 - 01 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

'Doing nothing' would not, I would think, result in a double digit drop in popularity.

See "it's a poll".

What we've discovered over the last few years is that leftie progbots are great at forming noisy rent-a-mobs and getting themselves over-represented in opinion polling. Boy, do they have opinions.

But when it comes to the actual election or referendum, it turns out there is indeed a silent majority of sane people who just turn out and vote without all the frenzied foreplay, that you usually[*] only get one vote regardless of how rabid you are about social justice and that, and they all count the same.

[*] #NotAllDemographics

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:50 - 02 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 wrote:
This is doing the rounds at the moment. Diane Abbott's cringe worthy attempt to explain how Labour are going to afford election promises on Police.

And people seriously want to let these morons in charge of the purse strings?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rneBbKrVE7A

It;s comedy gold if you haven't seen it. Thumbs Up

Comedy, yet simultaneously excruciating.
Kawasaki Jimbo wrote:
(Labour) are offering whatever you ask for, whatever you might like, with no idea how to deliver.

There doesn't seem to be any political party worthy of my vote. What to do?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Lord Percy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:58 - 02 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

She needs to be swiftly ejected from the Labour party.

On the topic of Labour spending however, an interesting thing I found today was that their £500B plan isn't so far-fetched. The Tory government want to spend £483B but nobody is screaming about that. https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/520086/2904569_nidp_deliveryplan.pdf

The only difference is in how the money is spent. Tories presumably want to chuck it at private companies, whereas Corbyn would likely want the spending to stay in-house.

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 13:10 - 02 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lord Percy wrote:
The only difference is in how the money is spent.

Well, that and £17 billion. But that's only £580 per UK tax-payer. And who cares about them? They'd just blow it on sweets and caps and go-karts.

Lord Percy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:31 - 02 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

£58. Labour's is a 10-year plan.

On the other hand, the Tory investment plan says they want it by 2021 Thinking

Suntan Sid
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:52 - 02 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lord Percy wrote:
The only difference is in how the money is spent. Tories presumably want to chuck it at private companies, whereas Corbyn would likely want the spending to stay in-house.

Always has been and always will be the case,gotta keep those party donors happy and that goes for both sides!

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 14:17 - 02 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lord Percy wrote:
£58. Labour's is a 10-year plan.

I didn't say "per annum", and I plan to still be around in a decade, dutifully funding your ongoing education.

Kris
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:19 - 02 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

UKIP have pledged to scrap the licence fee. Gets my vote Thumbs Up

Quote:
Ukip want to scrap the licence fee after accusing the BBC of broadcasting biased Brexit coverage.

https://www.google.co.uk/#q=ukip+to+scrap+licence&spf=73

Laughing

grr666
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:44 - 02 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 wrote:

By the way, wouldn't it be Corbyn's job to fire his "bit of black" old flame Abbott? Fat chance (scuse the pun)!

I reckon that would see labours popularity leap actually. I heard her stuttering as NF asked her a few simple
questions on LBC. It was embarrasing. I honestly feel like she's a hugely disliked woman right across the board.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:52 - 02 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kawasaki Jimbo wrote:

Don't vote. By taking part you're endorsing the system.

mpd72 wrote:
The only way I'll vote Tory is if it looks seriously like Corbyn can hoodwink enough gullible trainee communist snowflakes to vote for him, with freebies for all false promises.

Couldn't bring myself to do it under any circumstances, I remember how poor we were growing up under Thatcher/Major, and when we got the Tories back they did some really questionable things (even with bitch Clegg alongside).

Lord Percy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:17 - 02 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

M.C wrote:
Kawasaki Jimbo wrote:

Don't vote. By taking part you're endorsing the system.

A better option would be a spoiled vote.

Unless a person were born in a field and raised by dogs, everyone is affected by the actions of the government of their country. Not taking part in an election is seen as a vote for the winning side.

Alternatively, spoiled votes still add to the statistics so it's possible to see how many people really didn't want to choose any candidate.

Voting should be mandatory for this reason.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 6 years, 352 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 67, 68, 69  Next
Page 10 of 69