Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Xbox One doesn't like my TV (occasional screen flicker)

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Geek Zone
View previous topic : View next topic  

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:37 - 30 Apr 2017    Post subject: Xbox One doesn't like my TV (occasional screen flicker) Reply with quote

I have a 50hz* Bravia TV which's fine with all my other consoles (PS3, 360 etc.) but it doesn't like the Xbox One. I basically get an occasional black screen for about a second, it happens randomly and normally causes me to either crash or get shot depending on what I'm playing Evil or Very Mad

I have a similar issue when I connect a computer to the TV (via HDMI), although under Win 7 and 10 it sometimes 'refreshes' with the colours messed up. I thought it was a Windows issue (Xbox One runs Win10 I believe), but then I tried OS X (on a PC) and had the same problem.

I'm stumped, I've tried every setting on the TV, PC and the Xbox. I read online someone reckoned he bought a HDMI splitter, and ran one of the outputs back through the Xbox One's HDMI input, but that sounds like BS to me. Anyone have any ideas?

*noob error not to check the specs closely Embarassed

Jewlio Rides Again LLB
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:14 - 30 Apr 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haz Sony Bravia, and it occasionally does it on my PS3. So HDMI could be the cause/issue?

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:23 - 30 Apr 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I contacted MS and the person I talked to said they fixed the same issue by changing the hdmi lead (guess the one it ships with's no good Smile), but I've tried loads of different cables. However I have had issues with certain cables and devices before.

I was thinking it was connected to the TV being 50hz (the Xbox One's fine on my 60hz monitor) but maybe not. More confused now Neutral
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 6 years, 352 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Geek Zone All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1